I've hesitated to post this thread, but someone has to speak out.

I don’t necessarily agree with that aspect but it’s not like there aren’t viable alternatives.
Why should the woman carrying the fetus of a rapist have to search for an alternative? Make the woman suffer and reward the rapist with a child. In what world is that sane reasoning? Much less compassionate.

Why should the woman carrying the fetus of a rapist have to search for an alternative? Make the woman suffer and reward the rapist with a child. In what world is that sane reasoning? Much less compassionate.

When one side pushes one extreme the other side pushes theirs. Dims have shown they offer no compromise in this area so I suppose the other side has to do the same.

When one side pushes one extreme the other side pushes theirs. Dims have shown they offer no compromise in this area so I suppose the other side has to do the same.
That's BS. 90% of dems are perfectly happy with Roe vs. Wade.

AbOrTiOn Is A wOmAn'S rIgHt

And then you end up keeping the born baby comfortable while a decision on its fate is made and absolving a mother of all harm that befalls the baby in the first 7 days of its birth.

Abortion is sick.

Wasn’t aware roe vs wade involved rape or incest instead of multiple bad decisions. The argument for rape came up so do you want to highlight an actual percentage of what that entails or just make one up as usual.

So it might as well be me.

The Oklahoma house just passed a bill banning all abortions regardless of the cause of the pregnancy. It's a clone of the Texas law. If their Senate also passes the bill and the governor signs it into law, which I expect they will do, it will be a sad day.

I see this act as an affront to every woman that is, has been, or supports the Lady Vols in any sport. At this point, I would hope the NCAA will act to relocate the Women's College World Series out of Oklahoma. To hold it in Oklahoma City would be beyond ridiculous.

I hope you will join me and many other supporters of women athletes to let our voices be heard.

Finally, I didn't post this topic to launch a discussion of abortion. If you have a different point of view that's fine. Just be aware I will not debate the abortion topic or respond to argumentative posts.
Strangely I kinda agree. Remove the government from abortion and I dont have a political argument against it.

I still have a very big moral issue with abortion. But in this country I would settle for any government not funding any of it, nor having laws against or for. Just leave it up to the individuals involved. If you can find a street corner doc with a coat hanger, have at it. If you cant find a hospital that will treat you afterwards, too bad.

I would prefer abortion didnt exist at all. But governments making big moves either way is a restriction on people. Too broad of brushes, too many loopholes or unintentional consquences.

Rewarded with a child...is that a thing???

So it might as well be me.

The Oklahoma house just passed a bill banning all abortions regardless of the cause of the pregnancy. It's a clone of the Texas law. If their Senate also passes the bill and the governor signs it into law, which I expect they will do, it will be a sad day.

I see this act as an affront to every woman that is, has been, or supports the Lady Vols in any sport. At this point, I would hope the NCAA will act to relocate the Women's College World Series out of Oklahoma. To hold it in Oklahoma City would be beyond ridiculous.

I hope you will join me and many other supporters of women athletes to let our voices be heard.

Finally, I didn't post this topic to launch a discussion of abortion. If you have a different point of view that's fine. Just be aware I will not debate the abortion topic or respond to argumentative posts.
So you post this in your support of women athletes, but I've apparently missed your thread concerning men pretending to be women, and stealing victory from deserving female athletes. Forgive me if you have one, but where's it at? You know, since it's about the female athletes?

The left is not pushing the extreme on this issue. Just keep the government out of it and leave it up to the woman.

Strangely I kinda agree. Remove the government from abortion and I dont have a political argument against it.

I still have a very big moral issue with abortion. But in this country I would settle for any government not funding any of it, nor having laws against or for. Just leave it up to the individuals involved. If you can find a street corner doc with a coat hanger, have at it. If you cant find a hospital that will treat you afterwards, too bad.

I would prefer abortion didnt exist at all. But governments making big moves either way is a restriction on people. Too broad of brushes, too many loopholes or unintentional consquences.
Kinda me. I'm absolutely against it myself, but don't think the government should be involved in any of our health. That goes the same for their vaccines, that most of the people upset about this, was all for the government forcing health issues then.

Rewarded with a child...is that a thing???
Many rapist who act out of a need or desire for power over women take delight in knowing they forced her into having a child on top of physically hurting her. You better believe they (many anyway) feel a sense reward knowing they have a child out there.

Many rapist who act out of a need or desire for power over women take delight in knowing they forced her into having a child on top of physically hurting her. You better believe they (many anyway) feel a sense reward knowing they have a child out there.

How would they know that the rape they committed resulted in a pregnancy and birth?

There are some issues though. I'm not debating pro or con here but science has progressed since that decision and there are compelling ethical questions with the "when does life begin" questions as it pertains to abortion and where we as a society draw lines.

Neither side seems serious about actual debate on the ethics and would rather use it as a wedge issue. So he we are.

Reactions: GroverCleveland

VN Store

Back