I've hesitated to post this thread, but someone has to speak out.

I'm guessing they would be happy to lose your support. They would find your "mentality" repugnant.

I can hear the chanting protesters now...

"Black Lives Matter!!! As long as they have not made the voyage out of the uterus yet!!! In the uterus, they are fair game to be chopped into pieces and sucked out with a vacuum!!!" "No justice, no peace!!! No Black Baby killing, no peace!!!"

A list of things that are considered "violence" by the left:

Silence
Words
Philosophical disagreements
Assault perpetrated by white men

A list of things that are not considered "violence" by the left:

Chopping up black babies in the uterus
Riots and looting
Assault perpetrated by anyone but white men

Wasn’t aware roe vs wade involved rape or incest instead of multiple bad decisions. The argument for rape came up so do you want to highlight an actual percentage of what that entails or just make one up as usual.
But I guess you were aware what you had posted, at least I hope.......
In case you forgot, you posted this:
"When one side pushes one extreme the other side pushes theirs. Dims have shown they offer no compromise in this area so I suppose the other side has to do the same."

My response was that the vast majority of the left is not pushing any type of extreme.
The extremism is coming from the right. OK is the latest example.

There are some issues though. I'm not debating pro or con here but science has progressed since that decision and there are compelling ethical questions with the "when does life begin" questions as it pertains to abortion and where we as a society draw lines.

Neither side seems serious about actual debate on the ethics and would rather use it as a wedge issue. So he we are.
Agree.
The emphasis should be on making abortions less needed. (reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies - plenty of ways to accomplish this)

I can hear the chanting protesters now...

"Black Lives Matter!!! As long as they have not made the voyage out of the uterus yet!!! In the uterus, they are fair game to be chopped into pieces and sucked out with a vacuum!!!" "No justice, no peace!!! No Black Baby killing, no peace!!!"
Watch out for that tar pit.

Food for thought:
43% of women, according to Gallup in 2021, are pro life. So it's an affront to at most 57% of lady Vols. But keep pretending your side is the only one with real support among females

I see a Pew Research Poll that stands at 37% of women are pro life. If you throw in the age stats (younger people are less likely to be pro life) and the ethnicity (blacks are less likely to be prolife) I would imagine you end up with from a statistical perspective, a fairly high likelihood a pretty high percentage of Lady Vols would support abortion as a right.

Agree.
The emphasis should be on making abortions less needed. (reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies - plenty of ways to accomplish this)

And making adoption more affordable. It's always boggled my mind that an abortion costs a few hundred dollars and an adoption 10s of thousands and neither side wants to address that.

So it might as well be me.

The Oklahoma house just passed a bill banning all abortions regardless of the cause of the pregnancy. It's a clone of the Texas law. If their Senate also passes the bill and the governor signs it into law, which I expect they will do, it will be a sad day.

I see this act as an affront to every woman that is, has been, or supports the Lady Vols in any sport. At this point, I would hope the NCAA will act to relocate the Women's College World Series out of Oklahoma. To hold it in Oklahoma City would be beyond ridiculous.

I hope you will join me and many other supporters of women athletes to let our voices be heard.

Finally, I didn't post this topic to launch a discussion of abortion. If you have a different point of view that's fine. Just be aware I will not debate the abortion topic or respond to argumentative posts.
How can you NOT expect it to become a debate about abortion?

You are proposing and supporting the idea that a state should be punished for not holding YOUR view because YOU think that killing an unborn child to evade responsibility is a "right".

Reactions: MemphisVol77
The government should not be allowed to determine what a woman (or man) does with her/his body. To me, thats what it comes down to.

I'm betting most of you guys screaming anti-abortion were the same ones against covid vaccine mandates because it should be a "personal choice left up to the individual." The same reasoning should apply here. No matter how late it keeps you up at night.

The government should not be allowed to determine what a woman (or man) does with her/his body. To me, thats what it comes down to.

I'm betting most of you guys screaming anti-abortion were the same ones against covid vaccine mandates because it should be a "personal choice left up to the individual." The same reasoning should apply here. No matter how late it keeps you up at night.

The difference is with an abortion there are 2 bodies and only 1 is making the decision.

You treat a potentially living human in the uterus as though it is little more than a mole on a woman's neck that needs to be removed. There's a bit more nuance than you're accounting for.

VN Store

Back