Jacques Smith Out

Usually its not the players call. Its the medical staffs call. Coaches may have some input as to whether they want him to try to play with it or not. Playing one handed is almost impossible for a DE. I wonder how many who are screaming "tape it up and play" blew a horn in the band?

You won't hear me tooting that BS!

Also as a student trainer a long time ago I can tell you that the trainers and orthos are doing everything possible to speed up the healing process, OBVIOUSLY!
Calcium/VD supplements, EMS pads placed under the brace for p.t. (micro-current) and anything else they can think of they will do. We all hate this for him!

I remember the guy behind me screaming, "Tape it up and play!!" when Tyler Bray was injured against Georgia. Everyone was like, "Wow"

We will more than likely have another injury or 2 before fall camp is over, so don't freak out fans. I'm sure other SEC teams will have fall camp injury's as well. I'm afraid this is where our depth issue may rear it's ugly head once again. We just don't have the depth/talent that the better SEC teams have built.

Tape it up and play! Back when I used to play, I broke my thumb and I told them to just cut it off!!

GIFSoup

Last edited:
You are a tool and an idiot. I broke my thumb last year and had to have surgery to reattach the ligament to the bone. If he had surgery it means there are some ligament issues. The pain isn't the problem. It's the rehabilitation it takes to get your thumb working again. He will be at 80% in 4 weeks and 95% in 6 (only 95% because it will never be 100% again).

Hang in there Jacques!

did the same thing to my thumb a couple of years ago...that thumb will never be the same again...

This needs to happen. Club or go home Smith. :bash:

55835634_display_image.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I'd love these chuckleheads to call Smith a "wuss" and then have a 1-1 contest in UT's UFC ring to decide if he actually is a soft child as people have alleged.

That sounds real fine to me.

I played with a bruised ego and a broken heart. I was young and impressionable but only went one way.

That's funny.

For everyone else please note that my statement is in no way saying that J. Smith should play with the thumb injury. Each injury is different and so is the situation.

Hasn't Smith pretty much been a bust? Looks like a player but isn't--doesn't seem to have any instincts--slow getting to the ball. Maybe this is a chance to find somebody else who can play.

Reactions: 3 people
Hasn't Smith pretty much been a bust? Looks like a player but isn't--doesn't seem to have any instincts--slow getting to the ball. Maybe this is a chance to find somebody else who can play.

Didn't Dooley play him in the wrong position at the wrong size? I seem to remember him never playing the position he was recruited for.

Sadly this is true...he gets engulfed by the OL and rarely disengages. 4.5 sacks in three years. I'm hoping for the best for him though. He seems like a great kid and is all VOL!

Sadly this is true...he gets engulfed by the OL and rarely disengages. 4.5 sacks in three years. I'm hoping for the best for him though. He seems like a great kid and is all VOL!

Jacques is a great kid who works hard and has a great attitude. Unfortunately he's a "tweener" when it comes to his size and skill set. He's listed at 6'2 (which mean's he's probably closer to 6'0 or 6'1) 245lbs and unfortunately in this day and age, that's pretty small to be playing DE in the SEC. He doesn't have the wing span or the quickness to get around the big OT's in the SEC. He also doesn't possess the speed and perhaps the instincts to play OLB. It's unfortunate because he's a great kid and has a lot of heart but in hindsight he would've been a better fit for the Big East or perhaps an FCS school.

Edit: Absolutely no way do I call any VFL a "bust" who gives there all here for 4 years, no matter their on field production. To me they're only busts if they get kicked off or leave the team (except maybe Palardy, LOL!)

Last edited:
Jacques is a great kid who works hard and has a great attitude. Unfortunately he's a "tweener" when it comes to his size and skill set. He's listed at 6'2 (which mean's he's probably closer to 6'0 or 6'1) 245lbs and unfortunately in this day and age, that's pretty small to be playing DE in the SEC. He doesn't have the wing span or the quickness to get around the big OT's in the SEC. He also doesn't possess the speed and perhaps the instincts to play OLB. It's unfortunate because he's a great kid and has a lot of heart but in hindsight he would've been a better fit for the Big East or perhaps an FCS school.

this

Last edited:

VN Store

Back