Jaden Update Thread

My wife loved the sit in on Kesling. Jaden loved the field access. I don't think he liked the skybox. He was all over the place. Since he has speech problems, he is real animated and dramatic. Up there it was just not the same being below with all the action (cheering, screaming, the wave, and etc). He just didn't seem to enjoy it as much. He loved the free cookies and ice cream, haha. But over all we had a blast. Jaden keeps talking about it. Today he put on his helmet, run through the house with his football, and say "Touchdown TN" and then "TN wins!" Then finished that off with the loco dance.
The whole experience will be something he will remember forever. What a great little guy and what a great dad you are for doing all of that for him. I noticed he had his fingers in his ears in the skybox. The crowd noise must've been loud up there.

The whole experience will be something he will remember forever. What a great little guy and what a great dad you are for doing all of that for him. I noticed he had his fingers in his ears in the skybox. The crowd noise must've been loud up there.

Our seats in the skybox was quiet. Kesling's booth is open, with no glass. The crowd noise in there was very loud and then they also had all their stuff going and everyone talking. He still has some sensory issues and sometimes noise and people bother him. We actually had to move on the sideline once. They started playing music and the speakers were soooo loud. He just shut down. That is one of the reasons we went to the other side. All the recruits and families were on the other side and figured he would not get to see the field and the players. He was getting real mad at me as well, cause I kept wanting to take pictures. He just wanted to watch them warm up. He said "no more pictures, now stop dad or you're going home" :lolabove: Got to love the little guy!!

I'm not familiar with the contest or jaden, just wondering what this was. Seems like it must be a great story, can somewhere please share?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm not familiar with the contest or jaden, just wondering what this was. Seems like it must be a great story, can somewhere please share?
basically there was a contest at Utsports where people submitted videos for an online vote. Jaden is a special kid that has overcome some huge obstacles and loves Vol football. To make a long story short, Jaden's father asked for our help and various members got jaden's video linked, Tweeted etc all over the place.

This resulted in an outpouring of support that helped Jaden's video crush the competition and got Jaden on TV as well as the gameday experience you see in this thread.

Like GaVol said. I just asked for some help voting for Jaden in the contest. It blew up and was on a lot of other teams' boards. It got tweeted and retweeted by a lot of writers and such. It was all because of Volnation that my son got to live out a dream. Great story is not even the half of it. A lot of people went above and beyond anything that they should have done.

Here is the link to Live at 5 Six year old Tennessee fan hopes to win gameday contest | wbir.com

Here is the link to the News Sentinel Love of Vol football helps Jaden Miller overcome speech problem Knoxville News Sentinel

Here is the contest.
UT Sports Contests

Last edited:
I'm glad VolNation could help make his dream come true. No matter how much we disagree on certain things Vol related, I'm glad we could come together to make this happen. Congrats Jaden!

Like GaVol said. I just asked for some help voting for Jaden in the contest. It blew up and was on a lot of other teams' boards. It got tweeted and retweeted by a lot of writers and such. It was all because of Volnation that my son got to live out a dream. Great story is not even the half of it. A lot of people went above and beyond anything that they should have done.

Here is the link to Live at 5 Six year old Tennessee fan hopes to win gameday contest | wbir.com

Here is the link to the News Sentinel Love of Vol football helps Jaden Miller overcome speech problem Knoxville News Sentinel

Here is the contest.
UT

Sounds awesome! Great story and great work by VN and everyone involved. So cool for your son. I'm sure he had a wonderful time!

Sports Contests

My first home game was against KY, too....in 1984. I'm glad Jaden's turned out infinitely better than mine.

Congrats to Jaden, not only for winning - bur for his good fortune in having parents willing and caring enough to make it happen for him. That'll prove infinitely more valuable to him than even this notably large and exciting achievement.

Excellent job, Dad, Step-mother.

And excellent job to VN, too. You somehow pulled together, and pulled it off.

With all the bad in the world, it's stories like this that gives us all hope and restores confidence in mankind. One of the greatest stories I've read anywhere. Someone should start a poll and ask " How many finished this thread without shedding a Tear."
God bless Jayden and his family, and the whole VOLNATION .

Beth Haynes wanted pictures and videos of Jaden enjoying his prize. She is wanting to do an update. So I sent some pictures and videos last night. I don't know when it may run. It may be today, I am not sure. So keep an eye out on Live at 5 at 4 and I will let you know if I hear something different. GBO!!

Beth Haynes wanted pictures and videos of Jaden enjoying his prize. She is wanting to do an update. So I sent some pictures and videos last night. I don't know when it may run. It may be today, I am not sure. So keep an eye out on Live at 5 at 4 and I will let you know if I hear something different. GBO!!

Its today!!!

Thanks guys! I know its not football related but we still have our 2 night stay that was part of the prize. I will post pics from our cabin stay and weekend in GB.

Thanks guys! I know its not football related but we still have our 2 night stay that was part of the prize. I will post pics from our cabin stay and weekend in GB.

You went to Gatlinburg! Awesome! Where'd you stay? My family owns a chalet in Gatlinburg and I spend a lot of my weekends after classes there.

You went to Gatlinburg! Awesome! Where'd you stay? My family owns a chalet in Gatlinburg and I spend a lot of my weekends after classes there.

I bet that is cool. Part of the contest was a free 2 night stay. We go the weekend of Dec. 17-18. It is through Parkside Cabin Rentals. Not sure where the cabin is. But we are going to try and make a big weekend out of it, weather and money permiting. I think when our cabin nights are over with we are going to get a room in Gatlinburg for another 2 or 3 nights. It all depends on my work schedule.

VN Store

Back