Jalen Hurd to declare

Yes it is but if people like Greg Hardy can get multiple shots at the NFL, Jalen can get one. Quitting definitely sends a bad message but most will look the other way.

Hardy continued to get opportunities because he was an elite talent and player at a critically important position. Hurd has none of that going for him.

That being said, I think some team takes a flier on him in the mid to late rounds. But given that he simply doesn't have the feet, burst and speed to be a great NFL running back, I don't think his stay in the league will be very lengthy.

Yes it is but if people like Greg Hardy can get multiple shots at the NFL, Jalen can get one. Quitting definitely sends a bad message but most will look the other way.

Greg Hardy was a pro bowl DE. Thats why he got chances. Jalen hasnt proven a single thing besides he will quit when the going gets tough.

Reactions: 1 person
If he runs well at the combine he'll still go in the 2nd round.

Hurd is a rare talent.

Right there with Fournette and Kamara as the best RB prospect in the draft.

You're off your rocker. Doesn't matter how well he performs at the combine he will not go that high.

He will be lucky to go between the 4th and 7th round

His first year, Hurd was gangbusters. By the third game this year, I was glad to see Kamara or Kelly coming in for him. He should be grateful to Jones for the playing time he got. His production didn't warrant it. That being said, I wish him the best. Hopefully, he can get some of what he once had back.

Greg Hardy was a pro bowl DE. Thats why he got chances. Jalen hasnt proven a single thing besides he will quit when the going gets tough.

Agreed, he's not a Vol player, I give < 2 rats axxes what this kid does other than he stays healthy and gets the psychiatric help he needs IMO.

He's way better than Derrick Henry.

Hurd will be a more explosive Eddie George.

Someone will get a pro-bowl RB for cheap if he does fall in the draft.

Pro Bowler?

Come on bro.

And...

I'm not a Derrick Henry fan but what makes you think Hurd is better?

It can't be based off of their College or even High School careers.

I'm not 100% sure but I think Henry owns almost every state of Florida High School rushing record.

Was quitting a completely D$ick move by him? Absolutely. But it won't hurt his draft status much, if at all, given that he's not had any other issues that we know of.

If he hadn't quit and broke UT's record, he's a 2-3 round pick. He's now a 5-6 pick. That's a pretty significant drop.There are 10 RBs projected above him, including Kamara.

Baring injury he should do well in the NFL.

I hate how his time here ended but I do wish him luck and gets his head on straight.

If he runs well at the combine he'll still go in the 2nd round.

Hurd is a rare talent.

Right there with Fournette and Kamara as the best RB prospect in the draft.

He wasn't going in the 2nd round had he stayed at Tennessee and had a great season. And, as everyone on GOD's green earth knows except for you, he's not in the same stratosphere as Fournette and Kamara, and he never was. The truth is, there are 9-10 better running backs in the SEC alone right now.

You're off your rocker. Doesn't matter how well he performs at the combine he will not go that high.

He will be lucky to go between the 4th and 7th round
All they have to do is compare his partial year 3 view vs years 1 & 2. This past season if you review it there were times he was looking to just get on the ground. He didn't want no mo' so couple that with wanting to play another position, he is out of being an every down physical player.

And I was getting ready to give you credit for FINALLY showing some humility and contrition....but then you trot out the "Kamara's body was still a little pudgy" line .....bawhahaha! Omg. Alvin Kamara was the EXACT same player in 2015 as he was in 2016...the only difference is that he was finally given the opportunity to play and excel when a certain jumbo-sized, incredibly overrated and overused running back decided to get in his feelings (vs Georgia and then held out vs TAM) and quit the team. And anybody who legitimately knows what they're looking at with respect to football players and talent have been saying that Alvin was the more talented player and needed much more involvement in the offense from day one.

Kamara changed his body from 2015 to 2016.

55ec8a27dc578.image.jpg

636115581147007310-Tennessee-TexasAM-4061.jpg

If you can't see the fact that Kamara is more slender and defined in 2016 than he was in 2015 then I can't help you.

Physically he's changed. For the better IMO.

He's quicker, more agile, better first step explosion, better change of direction, and better hands.

Henry isn't in the same class as Hurd. And the NFL will expose that. Hurd will be a pro-bowl RB in 2 years while Henry will be out of the league.

Henry's having a much better year as the backup rb on an NFL roster vs NFL defenses than Hurd had as the feature back in college against the likes of Appy State and Ohio. Keep on spewing brother.

Reactions: 3 people
He wasn't going in the 2nd round had he stayed at Tennessee and had a great season. And, as everyone on GOD's green earth knows except for you, he's not in the same stratosphere as Fournette and Kamara, and he never was. The truth is, there are 9-10 better running backs in the SEC alone right now.

That last statement is nowhere close to being true.

Walter Camp updated 12/3
1 Fournette
2 Cook
3 McCaffrey
4 Kamara
5 Samuel
6 Foreman
7 Chubb
8 Freeman
9 Gallman
10 Perine
11 Hurd
12 Michel

Kamara changed his body from 2015 to 2016.

55ec8a27dc578.image.jpg

636115581147007310-Tennessee-TexasAM-4061.jpg

If you can't see the fact that Kamara is more slender and defined in 2016 than he was in 2015 then I can't help you.

Physically he's changed. For the better IMO.

Then you can't help me brother. Not sure what your fascination is with our players bodies (actually I have a decent idea), but TKJr is not a fat tub of goo, Dobbs is still a slender 6'3, 210 and Kamara's physical stature changed not one bit from 2015 to 2016.....and those pictures show and prove absolutely nothing that you're claiming. You're screwy dude.

Reactions: 2 people
That last statement is nowhere close to being true.

Walter Camp updated 12/3
1 Fournette
2 Cook
3 McCaffrey
4 Kamara
5 Samuel
6 Foreman
7 Chubb
8 Freeman
9 Gallman
10 Perine
11 Hurd
12 Michel

Is that just a list of draft eligible or draft likely guys? If not, huge lulz.

Compare this clip of Alvin to what we've seen this year.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mub_kA8s8AM[/youtube]

He looks different to me than he did last year. He's more defined this year. He looks less heavy in a way. He's more explosive.

Compare this clip of Alvin to what we've seen this year.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mub_kA8s8AM[/youtube]

He looks different to me than he did last year. He's more defined this year. He looks less heavy in a way. He's more explosive.

Put the pipe down. Kamara isn't and hasn't been a "top end speed" guy. From the minute he stepped on campus to now he's been a smooth, quick, explosive, shifty guy who's elusive as hell and runs with more power than his 215 LB stature would suggest. You can't arm tackle this guy and trip him up like you could our former rb. He can take a 2 yard play and get 20 when the other guy would've only gotten 2-3 from the same 2 yard play.

Go find his highlights from the 2015 Bama game and you'll see the exact guy then as we've seen since the TAM game when he was finally featured as "the guy".

And stop trying to reach so hard for excuses as to why you missed on him and stayed on the Hurd train so long....it's unbecoming.

Reactions: 2 people
Then you can't help me brother. Not sure what your fascination is with our players bodies (actually I have a decent idea), but TKJr is not a fat tub of goo, Dobbs is still a slender 6'3, 210 and Kamara's physical stature changed not one bit from 2015 to 2016.....and those pictures show and prove absolutely nothing that you're claiming. You're screwy dude.

Because this is sports and the body makes the player. The more athletic, explosive, strong an athlete is the better.

And yes TKjr is overweight. Everyone else is starting to notice it too now that his play has dropped significantly. The kid needs to lose alot of weight soon if he wants to return to being an effective player.

And we'll see how Dobbs measures at the combine. I personally am impressed with his size. He's incredible ripped for a QB. He might only be 210 lbs. But that 210 is almost all muscle. Dobbs is a rare athlete for a QB. He's built more like an explosive WR than QB.

Walter Camp is a draft projection board and a pretty good one. It's projected RBs only. SMH.

Gotcha. But that isn't what KB was saying in the post you responded to. He was comparing Hurd to all SEC RBs, not just those likely headed toward the draft.

Put the pipe down. Kamara isn't and hasn't been a "top end speed" guy. From the minute he stepped on campus to now he's been a smooth, quick, explosive, shifty guy who's elusive as hell and runs with more power than his 215 LB stature would suggest. You can't arm tackle this guy and trip him up like you could our former rb. He can take a 2 yard play and get 20 when the other guy would've only gotten 2-3 from the same 2 yard play.

Go find his highlights from the 2015 Bama game and you'll see the exact guy then as we've seen since the TAM game when he was finally featured as "the guy".

And stop trying to reach so hard for excuses as to why you missed on him and stayed on the Hurd train so long....it's unbecoming.

I don't know why you keep saying this.

I still expect Hurd to be a phenomenal NFL RB.

I've just accepted Kamara being a phenomenal NFL RB as well.

You might be using Kamara to attack Hurd but I've never been that petty. I actually like both.

And FYI I say what I believe. You should know by now I could care less what yall think. Go and ask the people on the Politics forum if I edit my views to gain acceptance. IN MY VIEW, Kamara changed his body. So did John Kelly by the way. Both lost some bad weight. Gained more muscle. Became more explosive. You should know by now I don't judge players on production. If I did I would be proclaiming Barnett a dominant future NFL player. But I don't. Because I'm unimpressed with his physical skills. He's out of shape. Not very tall or long. And not explosive.

Kamara changed my view of him not because of increased production. I changed my view because he began to look like a more explosive player. He physically now began to resemble Marshall Faulk in his prime. And also played like it. Once again production and stats are your avenue. I judge players on how they look on the field.

VN Store

Back