Jameis Winston (FSU) merged

So, they should charge no matter what?

In the interest of at least appearing to make a transparent effort at justice, yeah. If they were going to close the books without a charge, they should have done it months ago. Failing to charge will stink of corruption, whether that's accurate or not.

In the interest of at least appearing to make a transparent effort at justice, yeah. If they were going to close the books without a charge, they should have done it months ago. Failing to charge will stink of corruption, whether that's accurate or not.

absolutely correct
The initial allegations were months ago, so one way or another...They should know by now if their going to charge him or not

The accuser against the TPD
The accuser against the state
Winston against the family, TPD, or state.

All civil suits

Again, just rumors and ramblings on why this is being drug along

I understand now.

First, she can't sue to force a criminal filing against someone. There is no cause of action for that. Nor is there one for screwing up the investigation.

She could sue Winston for battery. Not his family, though, as no link to them, ie negligently allowing it to occur in their home.

Reactions: 1 person
Winston almost certainly would have no claim against TPD or the state absent proof of malice by them, which hardly seems likely.

He could sue her for slander.

But let me ask you: if the criminal case were over, why would he want this to go on.

I think FSU w/o Winston (w/ Coker?) still has a better shot at beating Bama than tOSU, so I guess I don't really care about that timing from a football standpoint. He deserves the Heisman for his play on the field, regardless of what may or may not have gone on off the field.

I think FSU w/o Winston (w/ Coker?) still has a better shot at beating Bama than tOSU, so I guess I don't really care about that timing from a football standpoint. He deserves the Heisman for his play on the field, regardless of what may or may not have gone on off the field.

Wut? Heisman trophy has a character component.

Reactions: 3 people
Decision on Winston Charge Won't Come Until BCS and Heisman Voting are Finalized

Nothing strange about waiting on charges in a year-old case where the suspect has been identified for 11 months until after significant milestones in the college football season have passed. Total coincidence.

I think the opposite. I think Meggs doesn't have enough on him so he is trying to "punish" him by keeping this over his head until the voting is done.

This is getting stupider by the minute. Jansen now not happy (or so he says) about the TPD releasing a timeline.

Winston almost certainly would have no claim against TPD or the state absent proof of malice by them, which hardly seems likely.

He could sue her for slander.

But let me ask you: if the criminal case were over, why would he want this to go on.

I wouldn't. I was just asking.

Lol Winston's lawyer thinks the State should give a damn about a potential criminals reputation and heisman status over the actual case. He's not the first person to be inconveniently involved in a criminal investigation.

Lol Winston's lawyer thinks the State should give a damn about a potential criminals reputation and heisman status over the actual case. He's not the first person to be inconveniently involved in a criminal investigation.

Just more lawyer talk. I don't think Jansen would be calling for a quick resolution if he thought charges were coming against Jameis.

I feel bad for the kid. As well as the girl. Just a stupid incident all around.

Everyone on earth is a potential criminal.

This was posted on the recruiting forum:
Alex Yoder ‏@AlexYoder 10m
#BREAKING: Investigation is complete. State Attorney's Office will be announcing their decision at 2pm tomorrow. #JameisWinston

Either way, I don't see the point of first, giving a 24 hour notice of the announcement and second, having a press conference. Releasing a f'n statement and get this crap over with either way.

Based on the press conference, it would appear that he's not getting charged.

I don't see why that's indicative of anything.
They could be explaining why he's not being charged.
They could also be charging him and explaining why it took so long.

If he is being charged, it would probably leak out though.
It seems unlikely that Winston would first find out like this.

Either way, I don't see the point of first, giving a 24 hour notice of the announcement and second, having a press conference. Releasing a f'n statement and get this crap over with either way.

They aren't charging him, but given the circumstances surrounding the investigation, a boilerplate written statement won't cut it.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back