Jameis Winston (FSU) merged

That is a good point.

The family, via the attorney, claims that they were in contact with the TPD the whole time, but were strung along and lied to. I suppose the question should be "How long do you wait before taking the issue public?" But if they are telling the truth, they were trying to do the right thing by letting/expecting the cops to do their jobs.

again I'd say poor attorney work if true - particularly when the Chief says he didn't know anything about it. Why wouldn't the attorney at least talk to the chief to find out what's going on rather than just the detective?

That is a good point.

The family, via the attorney, claims that they were in contact with the TPD the whole time, but were strung along and lied to. I suppose the question should be "How long do you wait before taking the issue public?" But if they are telling the truth, they were trying to do the right thing by letting/expecting the cops to do their jobs.

If dozens of Law and Order SVU episodes have taught me anything its that it is not unusual for the victims to NOT want it made public. Even if it takes longer to get a conviction.

Reactions: 2 people
again I'd say poor attorney work if true - particularly when the Chief says he didn't know anything about it. Why wouldn't the attorney at least talk to the chief to find out what's going on rather than just the detective?

That's a decent enough question. I haven't been able to figure out when the family actually brought their attorney into this. Their recent statements make use of the term "we" but don't say things like "through our attorney", nor does the attorney make it clear when she got involved.

If dozens of Law and Order SVU episodes have taught me anything its that it is not unusual for the victims to NOT want it made public. Even if it takes longer to get a conviction.

I am with you there. She was still attending FSU until this thing was made public. Things went south for her really quickly.

I am with you there. She was still attending FSU until this thing was made public. Things went south for her really quickly.

I think the whole thing stinks to high heaven. JMO, but Winston's obtuse demeanor in interviews piss me off even more.

Reactions: 2 people
She's supposedly with a group of friends who let her leave with some random black guy who ends up in her apartment & then she then fights him off? Maybe she should be charged with underage drinking.

VN Store

Back