Jameis Winston (FSU) merged

I'm by no means an expert, so maybe someone on here knows:

How long after drinking 5 or 6 shots would one's BAC still be notably elevated?

Roughly 6 hours it would still be notable. 1 hr per beer is all the liver can process and it would take even longer for shots since that's a much higher BAC.

GAVol, You are absolutely correct. It's equal to putting on a glove thats clearly two sizes too small and proclaiming, "see, it dont fit yall!"

I get the impression based off my twitter feed that this press conference is nothing less than a victory parade for the morally conflicted. Lots of laughter and smiling.

Not sure that is the public perception those in question would like to give, however, it is becoming more and more apparent that folks down in Tally are much more concerned with other things. Namely, a chance at a National Championship.

Should I be wrong, feel free to correct me, however, I've abstained from the corruption issue regarding this topic from the start. The chips have fallen now, enough to merit a response. My response?

This is disgusting.

I hate to say it but you're not wrong. Part of it is football lust but the other part is very much tied into Winston's public persona as Mr. All-Mom-and-Apple-Pie. A lot fans can't entertain the possibility that someone so 'wholesome' in his public image might've done something wrong.

It also looks a whole lot like Jimbo is Urban Meyer 2.0...*

Reactions: 1 person
I get the impression based off my twitter feed that this press conference is nothing less than a victory parade for the morally conflicted. Lots of laughter and smiling.

Not sure that is the public perception those in question would like to give, however, it is becoming more and more apparent that folks down in Tally are much more concerned with other things. Namely, a chance at a National Championship.

Should I be wrong, feel free to correct me, however, I've abstained from the corruption issue regarding this topic from the start. The chips have fallen now, enough to merit a response. My response?

This is disgusting.

A year ago they didnt know Winston was gonna be a Heisman lock & fsu would be undefeated & 2 games away from a national title. It wasn't the fsu pd that chose to rehash this so I think the intent of your post is rather ironic.

The fact that they clearly failed to do due diligence 11 months ago is ironic too. Either that or its a molestation of the justice system at its very core.

The fact that they clearly failed to do due diligence 11 months ago is ironic too. Either that or its a molestation of the justice system at its very core.

They persuaded the alleged victim they didn't make her. Of course there were no charges & what they said was true. There was an agenda here beyond a fabricated rape.

Anyone just hear the kid yell out "gangbang" during the attorney interview? I chuckled

Do we know they failed? For all we know, they very well could have come to the conclusion that there was nothing there and decided to not pursue the matter which would solidify the statement of "you better be sure you want to pursue this" because at that point, the whole things opens up to the public. Just like it did now and it wasn't pretty for the accuser.

At that point, the accuser and her lawyers can say all they want and to which I ask, why wait until November? Where were you in April, May, June, July, etc? Why now? goVols is right, he was a "nobody" last February. He isn't anymore. Someone saw $$$ and tried to go for it.

Her story changed. The leaks kept going to the same beat writer that had family ties. They sat on the case for 11 months as well.

Thank god this is over. This isn't going to keep legit rape victims from coming forward in the future. It will hopefully keep girls who cry wolf from coming forward in the first place.

Its clear there are discrepencies in this whole deal.

Guess he'll have to sit out 2 quarters next season when the NCAA suspends for not "knowing better".

If the University of Florida can put up a plaque of Tebow's inspiring diatribe, can FSU put up a transcript of Willie Meggs statements from today? Glue it to one of their academic buildings that they have law classes in?

If the University of Florida can put up a plaque of Tebow's inspiring diatribe, can FSU put up a transcript of Willie Meggs statements from today? Glue it to one of their academic buildings that they have law classes in?

I don't really get the venom towards Meggs. I thought he handled the press conference pretty well.

Honestly she is lucky they arent pressing charges (caveat emptor I am an FSU fan...). The other DNA was her boyfriends who found out she left Potbellys with a black dude and got mad.

It was a lie that grew and grew. And yes I am a FSU fan (vol fan first for life... we cant help who we grew up loving lol), I have most of my family in that neck of the woods, some in the law profession and some that frequent the bar in question so I know a little about the situation.

Florida fans butthurt should take football out of the equation, likewise bama fans should stop praying to their saban idols that they crawfish back into the NC game if OSU and FSU loses...

Poor, anonymous Negroes go to jail while rich, well known Negroes skate. Same as white people. Mandella can rest in peace on this one.

This isn't going to keep legit rape victims from coming forward in the future. It will hopefully keep girls who cry wolf from coming forward in the first place.

You're out of your mind if you believe that. There's a reason rape victims rarely come forward and this case has been a classic example as to why. Both women (as well as male victims) know full well what will happen to them if they come forward and how slim their chances of being believed are while their chances of having people dissect them, lie about them, and attack their credibility are high.

Fact of the matter is the 'false claims myth' is BS. They're not only miniscule but statistically significant and the ones who have done it usually have mental illness and preexisting contact with law enforcement. Their cases last all of a few hours because they usually crack under questioning and they're typically punished for filing a false report.

VN Store

Back