Jameis Winston (FSU) merged

I don't disagree with that. But, attorneys don't like to lose a case, especially when the entire college football world is watching. So they took the easy way out.

I don't disagree with that. But, attorneys don't like to lose a case, especially when the entire college football world is watching. So they took the easy way out.

I find that odd though, because I have seen prosecutors take absolute stinkers to the Grand Jury. Interesting that they showed restraint here.

I agree with much of this but claiming it's about rape culture and college athletics then saying you don't know what happened is contradictory. It's only about rape culture if it was rape.

I was speaking more towards the notion that somehow the victim is to blame, which always seems to be the case when you read stories like this. They say she was drunk... and? Does that mean it's ok or that it's somehow her fault if something did happen? I was also trying to steer away from some of the racists comments that were creeping in.

It depends on who you find more credible the victim or Winston and his peeping tom roommates.

There was probable cause to charge or indict Winston, but proving it to a jury beyond any reasonable doubt would have been a big challenge that he wasn't willing to take on IMO.

No argument that it might have been a difficult sell the the grand jury. But the DA owed it to an alleged rape victim/and future victims to let them decide. IMO

It depends on who you find more credible the victim or Winston and his peeping tom roommates.

There was probable cause to charge or indict Winston, but proving it to a jury beyond any reasonable doubt would have been a big challenge that he wasn't willing to take on IMO.

It's hard for me to find anyone that would watch their buddy have sex credible.

Wow... that's a fairly damning article toward the state attorney, LEO's, and Winston. Worth the read.

If it's still hard to understand why women don't report being raped, look no further than the press conference given by Florida State Attorney Willie Meggs, announcing that Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston would not be charged with sexual assault.

Meggs giggled throughout the entire event, an entire chorus of law enforcement officers chuckling along behind him. Because, after all, what's funnier than announcing that you can't prove that a rape has been committed against a college student?

That column reinforces what I've been thinking all along. I understand if you don't think you have a rock solid case. But I'm sure DAs go to trial all the time thinking "I wish I had just a little more physical evidence, eye witness testimony, corroboration, etc." For Meggs to suggest that he didn't even have enough to argue for an indictment from a grand jury strains the limits of credulity.

Reactions: 1 person
That column reinforces what I've been thinking all along. I understand if you don't think you have a rock solid case. But I'm sure DAs go to trial all the time thinking "I wish I had just a little more physical evidence, eye witness testimony, corroboration, etc." For Meggs to suggest that he didn't even have enough to argue for an indictment from a grand jury strains the limits of credulity.

agreed, where's the harm in taking it to a Grand Jury and give them a chance to decide

It's hard for me to find anyone that would watch their buddy have sex credible.

Yes, I'm not buying their story either. It's obvious that Meggs wanted this case to go away, and he made sure that's what happened.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes, I'm not buying their story either. It's obvious that Meggs wanted this case to go away, and he made sure that's what happened.

That's the feeling I get.

If corse his teammates are going to defend him. To me their testimony is worthless.

Late to the party.

I'm not judging him guilty/not guilty either way because that's not my place and I wasn't there, but it's pretty odd that he wasn't so much as interviewed. Then again, I don't know the law system that well. Maybe he was allowed to decline interview?

Late to the party.

I'm not judging him guilty/not guilty either way because that's not my place and I wasn't there, but it's pretty odd that he wasn't so much as interviewed. Then again, I don't know the law system that well. Maybe he was allowed to decline interview?

It's called the 5th amendment.

It sure was nice of the police to hold off on interviewing the witnesses until they'd had a chance to consult with Winston's attorney.

It sure was nice of the police to hold off on interviewing the witnesses until they'd had a chance to consult with Winston's attorney.

Yes, and go read their statements they are almost identical. Especially, the part where they both peeked into Wintson's bedroom to watch the incident. Who watches their friend have sex? That's freaky too freaky fo me to belief that it is the truth.

Yes, and go read their statements they are almost identical. Especially, the part where they both peeked into Wintson's bedroom to watch the incident. Who watches their friend have sex? That's freaky too freaky fo me to belief that it is the truth.

Apparently you don't know teenagers or young adults very well. They tend to do pretty dumb things from time to time.

So his accuser is holding a press conference this Friday. Lulz.

It won't be her just the family attorney. I mean really who cares. Guess its one last chance for fame before Jameis gets his trophy & she realizes she's still a ho.

That's fine. Everybody else's opinion is stupid & ignorant too then.

Just cause it's your opinion doesn't make it any less stupid or ignorant. Can't use the "it's just an opinion" argument to get a free pass on saying stupid things.

whether she was raped or not, no one has enough information to label her a "ho."

Reactions: 4 people
Just cause it's your opinion doesn't make it any less stupid or ignorant. Can't use the "it's just an opinion" argument to get a free pass on saying stupid things.

whether she was raped or not, no one has enough information to label her a "ho."

Sure they do.

VN Store

Back