Jameis Winston (FSU) merged

They have an answer for it. It was identified and belongs to her longtime friend/boyfriend who she had sex with earlier that day. They're both from the same hometown.

The only part of her answers that seemed goofy to me was her apparent hesitancy to provide the name of her boyfriend. I don't understand why she wouldn't help them identify the other DNA. But, it does say within the 248 pages that, after being asked if the DNA was from her "male friend that lived in Ohio", she acknowledged that it was.

Last edited:
I guess what bugs me the most about the whole thing is, other than the rape kit and minor interviews, no true attempts were made to investigate until a year after the alleged rape. The cab driver can't be located, the security camera tapes at the bar were taped over on a 30 day loop, text messages and phone numbers were no longer on phones, etc., etc., I also never heard of a potential suspect in any crime being able to say that he doesn't want to be interviewed by police...not that he wants his lawyer present...he doesn't want to be interviewed...so he isn't.

I don't know any of these people; I don't know what happened that night but I do know that any evidence that could corroborate either side seems to be no longer accessible - a year after the night in question.

It sounds like they did everything they could to identify the cab driver, but it's inexcusable for police not to get the tapes from the bar. They were available for a month. And, it's crazy that Winston and Casher weren't interviewed in January.

Reactions: 1 person
It sounds like they did everything they could to identify the cab driver, but it's inexcusable for police not to get the tapes from the bar. They were available for a month. And, it's crazy that Winston and Casher weren't interviewed in January.

Agreed - BTW, I thought they didn't even begin to try to find the cab driver until November of 2013 - a year after...am I mis-remembering?

Agreed - BTW, I thought they didn't even begin to try to find the cab driver until November of 2013 - a year after...am I mis-remembering?

You might be right.
I'll check the file again. I was just thinking of the timeline while away from my computer. The cab driver discussion is towards the beginning of the file, so it's been a little while since I read that part.

The only part of her answers that seemed goofy to me was her apparent hesitancy to provide the name of her boyfriend. I don't understand why she wouldn't help them identify the other DNA. But, it does say within the 248 pages that, after being given his name by the interviewer, she acknowledged him.

Being asked about your sexual experiences by cops isn't exactly a comfortable situation, especially when you're a rape victim or have just been traumatized. There are many reasons for her not want to say anything about him, including that she likely didn't want him to involved/to know about it just then and the situation was highly uncomfortable to speak of to begin with. Think about it, would you want your bf/gf/spouse or even friends to find out you were raped by the cops knocking on their door demanding their DNA or would you want to be the one to tell them on your time (if you ever decide to tell them at all)?

A lot of victims never tell anyone until much later and some never tell even those they are extremely close to. When you're raped or traumatized you've just experienced a loss of power and control at the hands of another person. Victims of abuse and rape regain that control and power in strange ways and often those ways are unhealthy or irrational until and unless the trauma is dealt with and the victim provided healthy ways to cope. Withholding information about him/not wanting to answer could also be a way of asserting control over some part of her life, and sex life, that hadn't been violated. People can react very oddly to trauma.

But really, there's a lot of reasons why she would get goofy/scared or whatnot over questions regarding him, including fear of being disbelieved and/or written off by authority figures, friends, family, etc. and just not wanting to talk about it.

Reactions: 2 people
Being asked about your sexual experiences by cops isn't exactly a comfortable situation, especially when you're a rape victim or have just been traumatized. There are many reasons for her not want to say anything about him, including that she likely didn't want him to involved/to know about it just then and the situation was highly uncomfortable to speak of to begin with. Think about it, would you want your bf/gf/spouse or even friends to find out you were raped by the cops knocking on their door demanding their DNA or would you want to be the one to tell them on your time (if you ever decide to tell them at all)?

A lot of victims never tell anyone until much later and some never tell even those they are extremely close to. When you're raped or traumatized you've just experienced a loss of power and control at the hands of another person. Victims of abuse and rape regain that control and power in strange ways and often those ways are unhealthy or irrational until and unless the trauma is dealt with and the victim provided healthy ways to cope. Withholding information about him/not wanting to answer could also be a way of asserting control over some part of her life, and sex life, that hadn't been violated. People can react very oddly to trauma.

But really, there's a lot of reasons why she would get goofy/scared or whatnot over questions regarding him, including fear of being disbelieved and/or written off by authority figures, friends, family, etc. and just not wanting to talk about it.

Thanks.
I have never been close to a rape case.

On Page 8 of the file, under "Cab Drivers", Jason Newlin says in his memo that Angulo (TPD) sent a mass email to Yellow Cab's drivers "that evening" and attempted to research GPS systems. I cannot tell if "that evening" is a reference to the night the incident occurred, but it may be.

The State Attorney's Office did more to try to identify the driver in November.

When I said they did everything they could to find the driver, you're right - I was including the efforts in November when I had that thought.

But, at least it appears TPD made a timely effort to find the driver. If only they would have made the same effort to obtain the video from the bar.

Thanks.
I have never been close to a rape case.

No problem. Like a lot of things, I wish it was a subject that no one ever needed to deal with or study.

The general rule of thumb whether it's rape, physical abuse, extreme grief, war trauma, or some other deep trauma an individual experiences is that there's no rationality or predictability to how individuals will behave/react to it. In those circumstances, there is no normal so to speak since extreme emotional trauma induces such extreme ranges of possible reactions.

Take extreme grief or mourning: we stereotype grief as being responded to with sadness or withdrawal but a person going out and getting plastered/partying for months isn't out of the range of normal human responses to extreme grief. It's less common than sadness or withdrawal but it's not out of the realm of human behavior or even abnormal because the stress of grief is such an extreme stress to our minds.

Trauma does strange things to us. It can cause us to do things (or think thoughts) we would never do if there was no trauma. In a lot of ways it's like taking a drug. Although we have generalized descriptions for most legal and illegal drugs, very different responses happen when different people take the same drug. 50 out of 100 may have the common side effects while 1 out of 100 have a set of uncommon effects and 1 out of 1000 may have a rare side effect. Even the same person who has taken the drug before can have a different response pop up or the drug stop working the way it used to. Often, the best we can do is predict the most common things that can happen and treat the effects we know of, catalog the ones we discover and start studying and treating them as best we can.

On Page 8 of the file, under "Cab Drivers", Jason Newlin says in his memo that Angulo (TPD) sent a mass email to Yellow Cab's drivers "that evening" and attempted to research GPS systems. I cannot tell if "that evening" is a reference to the night the incident occurred, but it may be.

When I said they did everything they could to find the driver, you're right - I was including the efforts in November when I had that thought.

But, at least it appears TPD made a timely effort to find the driver. If only they would have made the same effort to obtain the video from the bar.

Thanks - I haven't had a chance to go back and review.

There's actually a lot of times in Angulo's reports when that happens. The dates the reports are filed aren't linked to what date he's reporting on and often when any given aspect was investigated is difficult to identify. Sometimes it's outright impossible to tell for certain on what date or time he or anyone else took a specific action. Angulo reports on very separate events at once and clarity and a distinguished timeline of when actions were undertaken by or reported to him or TPD do not appear to have been a priority. It makes for a very confusing case and Jansen used that murkiness very much to his advantage in the PR/media campaign he waged for his client. A lot of what has been blamed on the victim 'not having her story straight' could just as easily be blamed on 'TPD et al not keeping their reports straight.'

She's going to get a big payout, once he signs

And when/if he settles, everyone will be like "see, he did it! He's trying to cover it up and keep her quiet".

I hope he and his family have the ability to fight back and go after her. I have a feeling she still isn't the one behind all this.

And when/if he settles, everyone will be like "see, he did it! He's trying to cover it up and keep her quiet".

I hope he and his family have the ability to fight back and go after her. I have a feeling she still isn't the one behind all this.

Who is behind it?

Who anticipated in December of 2012 that a guy no one had ever heard of would be the Heisman winner and star QB for the national champions a year later?

Come on. She may just be a jilted lover, but no one put her up to this.

The family. The aunt. Whoever you want.

I'm sorry but I'm not buying the whole "I know who my 'rapist' is but I'm going to continue to go to school where he raped me".

Sure, rape victims don't just fall off the map but the fact she was at FSU until all this was brought up again leads me to believe that she wanted to move on with her life and wanted nothing to do with it, which is why she ran.

At the same time, w haven't ever heard from her. I'm sure her lawyer has told her not to talk but she could also come out and put it end to it.

So, all in all, we still don't know jack and speculation will still get the best of us.

Reactions: 2 people
Who is behind it?

Who anticipated in December of 2012 that a guy no one had ever heard of would be the Heisman winner and star QB for the national champions a year later?

Come on. She may just be a jilted lover, but no one put her up to this.

But in Decemer of 2012 the girl couldn't remember a thing that happened...now she's got a photographic memory.

Whether he didnt do it or if he did, this guy is going to ve a STAR! Im going to throw it out there i think he wins another title before he leaves for the NFL. Hope he can stay level headed, and focus on whats important. He gets to cocky and itll be his downfall

Whether he didnt do it or if he did, this guy is going to ve a STAR! Im going to throw it out there i think he wins another title before he leaves for the NFL. Hope he can stay level headed, and focus on whats important. He gets to cocky and itll be his downfall

He may win another title, but he's going to have to do it this year, because he won't stick around past 2014.

It doesn't matter whether he did or didn't do this, what matters is that it was handled so terribly that people DO need to answer for it, and if the video tape of the press conference with the attorney's almost giddy behavior in it isn't exhibit A then I can't imagine her lawyer knows anything.

Reactions: 4 people
It doesn't matter whether he did or didn't do this, what matters is that it was handled so terribly that people DO need to answer for it, and if the video tape of the press conference with the attorney's almost giddy behavior in it isn't exhibit A then I can't imagine her lawyer knows anything.

^Exactly. Heads have needed to roll from the start. I don't see how anyone can say otherwise whether they believe Jameis is innocent or guilty as sin.

VN Store

Back