Jameis Winston (FSU) merged

Yeah. Knuckledragger doesn't begin to describe it. Just be thankful that times they be a-changin' and many guys know better than to buy into such nonsense. The sad thing is there was more than enough of those types in Tallahassee for this to barely cause so much as a stir in the way it was handled. But I don't believe the same would happen in most big time football schools* -- not on a rape case. Covering up small stuff? Sure but not something like a rape. That will come back to haunt your soul one day if you have one or ever get one.

*I'm sure there are exceptions but I pray they are small.

Yeah. Knuckledragger doesn't begin to describe it. Just be thankful that times they be a-changin' and many guys know better than to buy into such nonsense. The sad thing is there was more than enough of those types in Tallahassee for this to barely cause so much as a stir in the way it was handled. But I don't believe the same would happen in most big time football schools* -- not on a rape case. Covering up small stuff? Sure but not something like a rape. That will come back to haunt your soul one day if you have one or ever get one.

*I'm sure there are exceptions but I pray they are small.

It's frustrating that so many people are quick to judge this girl and to assume she's just some vindictive, gold-digging slut without being present at the event or having read the affidavit. I'm not saying Winston raped her, but there is a lot of shadyness to this investigation, and a lot of it is on the side of Winston and those whose responsibility it is/was to investigate such incidences.

Reactions: 1 person
It needs to be done. I realize rape is one of things that is so awful to think about that it makes a whole lot of people want to put their heads in the sand rather than deal with it but this is something you can't hide from in good conscience if you've read the case files.

If they do get an independent investigation, it will be the best thing that could happen for all involved. Although I think Jansen has done wonders working TPD and the DA and may have made it so that it can't be tried independent investigators can find out how that happened and why.

The sad thing is it shouldn't take the victim having an aunt who happens to be a lawyer to move things forward like this. Outcry should've demanded it already.

TPD, FSU, and the DA had the appearance of being too close to this case all along and that's never a good thing.

I agree with your very astute observations.

The accuser's attorney told the police department to get Winston's DNA, and he said "No," because he didn't want it to go public - instead, he gets a search warrant on the accuser to investigate her mobile phone records, etc.

The investigation wasn't done properly because it was Jameis Winston - it's wrong

If only one DNA sample was found then Winston would probably be in jail, but two were found and the girls story didn't add up.

If only one DNA sample was found then Winston would probably be in jail, but two were found and the girls story didn't add up.

Bull crap. The presence of another DNA sample does not prove or disprove whether the sex with Winston was consensual. It's something that a defense attorney could use on cross-examination, that's it.

Reactions: 2 people
Bull crap. The presence of another DNA sample does not prove or disprove whether the sex with Winston was consensual. It's something that a defense attorney could use on cross-examination, that's it.

It's something that police need to answer before they will charge Winston.

The investigation wasn't done properly because it was Jameis Winston - it's wrong

100%. Anybody who doesn't agree with this is delusional or an FSU homer. Ask yourself this:

If that were you or I who had been accused, how quickly do you think we would have been rounded up and brought in for questioning and forced to probably turn over our phone records and anything else?

That's another side nobody seems to get -- AT NO POINT DID THEY EVER INVESTIGATE THE DUDE WHO WAS ACTUALLY ACCUSED OF THE CRIME! For Christ's sake, he's been implicated by DNA evidence to have been at the scene of a major felony and he's allowed to just "politely decline" talking to the authorities through his attorney? How would that work for you or I? How come none of HIS phone records were pulled to see what HE said after the incident and leading up to it?

From day one they set out to immediately find any and all flaws with the accuser so they could discredit the story.

Tell me how he didn't get special treatment then, cause you know if he's a regular Joe-Schmo he's sitting in a cell right now with some insanely high bond.

Reactions: 4 people
It's something that police need to answer before they will charge Winston.

The police need only ask "Who does the other sample belong to?" If she says "a guy I had consensual sex with prior to being raped," then that's it. There is no record that shows the cops ever asked that question or anything similar.

Hmmm probably being one of the "ladies" that ran the twitter account #FSUcleatchasers isnt a big help with her credibility.

There is more to this story that isnt out there but the parts that arent dont incriminate Winston as much as shine her in a pretty ugly light.

Hmmm probably being one of the "ladies" that ran the twitter account #FSUcleatchasers isnt a big help with her credibility.

There is more to this story that isnt out there but the parts that arent dont incriminate Winston as much as shine her in a pretty ugly light.

Thanks for the update from the FSU social media universe.

And I get that, but you have to imagine what your life or your character would look like to outsiders if they only viewed certain fragments of your teenaged, collegiate existence in a vacuum...

My point is this: I have said all along, I don't have an opinion on his guilt either way. He could be, he could not be. But I can't look at everything that I've SEEN SO FAR (leaving that in there in case more details emerge that were redacted or withheld) and feel like the investigation was handled properly or that things were done fairly.

What I don't see is any scrutiny towards Jameis Winston at all...and I find that odd, considering he was the one being accused, yet we know literally nothing about his actions surrounding that night or any of his private life and those details usually come to light in a very public ordeal such as this.

I agree this was probably all started by FSU fans. I didn't see anything like this in the investigative documents.

It's because there is nothing remotely similar in those documents. All of these smears against the accuser have come from FSU message boards and have no basis in any of the established facts.

Your responses say a lot about you.

Stop and think with an open mind...

You have a scholar athlete 3.7 GPA, by everyone's account a model kid.

You have two eye witnesses that say this was consensual and she was sober.

You have an accuser that has told at least three versions of her tale. That helped run a twitter account professing to chase athletes, that was seen asking about which guy was Winston in Potbelly's that night, that had two different peoples semen in her underwear. You have a rape kit that said no evidence of force.

And you wonder why they didnt press charges?

This is Tallahassee, black kid, blonde girl. Meggs would have crucified him if there was remotely a case.

You have an accuser that has told at least three versions of her tale. That helped run a twitter account professing to chase athletes, that was seen asking about which guy was Winston in Potbelly's that night, that had two different peoples semen in her underwear. You have a rape kit that said no evidence of force.

This is Tallahassee, black kid, blonde girl. Meggs would have crucified him if there was remotely a case.

Model kid? Then why were the police called to his apartment regarding a shooting with a BB gun?

I agree, but you can still consider reasonable doubt such as...

If you have consensual sex with your lady, then she get's raped later in the day, that would create a multiple DNA situation.

He is also young and almost-assuredly horny. Who isn't at his age? I have no idea if he set about to force sex on her. Maybe he and she had very different perspective of what happened. But being smart doesn't preclude you from making mistakes.

Two witnesses whom the police never interviewed, despite knowing who they were. The first time they "discussed" what they saw was with Winston's attorney. The DA interviewed them 9 months later. Maybe they are telling the truth, maybe the aren't. But given the situation, you are going to have to understand if their version of events is met with skepticism.

You have an accuser that has told at least three versions of her tale.

Not according to the official documents. Her story was quite consistent. But, you clearly haven't read them, so you can be forgiven for not knowing what is contained therein.

That helped run a twitter account professing to chase athletes, that was seen asking about which guy was Winston in Potbelly's that night,

What is your source for this information? I'm assuming it's an FSU message board or blog.

that had two different peoples semen in her underwear.

True. And as I said before, that could certainly be used against her accusation in court. But it does not make rape impossible, or even unlikely.

You have a rape kit that said no evidence of force.

Please actually read the evidence before you post the exact opposite of the truth. The investigator's notes even make mention of watching bruises darkening over the course of the initial interview.

Yes, because unlike you I actually know what is contained in the DA's documents as opposed to what has been bounced around the FSU-oriented interwebz.

Apparently not.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes, because unlike you I actually know what is contained in the DA's documents as opposed to what has been bounced around the FSU-oriented interwebz.

Well unlike you I am from that area and have relatives who have a little more insight into the situation. I will leave it at that Matlock.

VN Store

Back