Jameis Winston (FSU) merged

This should be taken seriously, and I'm not necessarily saying the victim is a liar/gold-digger, but it is weird that this comes out right when Winston is now all of a sudden the Heisman front-runner and FSU is in the national title race.

I'd agree except it was reported a year ago. No one knew he was then.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd agree except it was reported a year ago. No one knew he was then.

Sexual assaults don't take multiple years to solve. Suddenly now that he's a celeb he becomes a suspect? He doesn't match any of the descriptions the night of the event. C'mon now, you can see this one coming from a mile away

Please don't read this as me suggesting that Winston is guilty of sexual assault, but...

Women often have poor recollections of the men who assault them, especially if they've never met the guy before. It's not always easy to judge a guy's height when he's on top of you. And if she'd been drinking at all... What I'm getting at is Winston isn't necessarily exonerated by the victim's description of her assailant.

so any male could be a suspect?

Report coming out says the police just turned the case over to the DA. That explains why we're just now hearing about it.

If they've turned it over, that's probably a bad thing for Winston.

Last edited:
Not exactly. The point is simply that one can't focus too much on the description provided by the victim of a sexual assault. I doubt the police are ruling out anyone over six feet tall.

i just have a hard time believing she can give an accurate description of other attributes if she is 5 or 7 inches off on height.

Report coming out says the police just turned the case over to the DA. That explains why we're just now hearing about it.

If they've turned it over, that's probably a bad thing for Winston.

Not necessarily. They could just be turning over to state attorney to decide whether to charge.

Reactions: 2 people
Not necessarily. They could just be turning over to state attorney to decide whether to charge.

You certainly know more about the law than me. But wouldn't that indicate that the police have what they believe to be enough evidence for a charge? Something that they didn't have eleven months ago.

And based on everything from the TPD, it's unlikely Winston will have anything to do with it. Of course, things do and could change.

He was contacted by police 10 months ago. Wasn't reported, wasn't charged. Trying to figure out why this is news breaking

And based on everything from the TPD, it's unlikely Winston will have anything to do with it. Of course, things do and could change.

He was contacted by police 10 months ago. Wasn't reported, wasn't charged. Trying to figure out why this is news breaking

A Heisman worthy QB's name shows up in a Sexual Battery charge and you don't think it is news breaking? :blink:

You certainly know more about the law than me. But wouldn't that indicate that the police have what they believe to be enough evidence for a charge? Something that they didn't have eleven months ago.

No because reports are that defense attorney thought it was closed. Then media start asking for reports, so then the police send it to the state attorney. Could be that the police just kicking it to state attorney's office so they don't have to deal with it.

No because reports are that defense attorney thought it was closed. Then media start asking for reports, so then the police send it to the state attorney. Could be that the police just kicking it to state attorney's office so they don't have to deal with it.

That makes sense. Now I'm just curious who tipped off TMZ.

A Heisman worthy QB's name shows up in a Sexual Battery charge and you don't think it is news breaking? :blink:

What charges? According to the police report, there is no reason Winston should've been a part of it in any way, shape, or form. Why was he contacted? That's his involvement. Simple contact with the police

If fsu was 3-6 there would be no story.

Yeah I'll be shocked if anything comes out of this.

I'll be surprised if anything comes of it but for a different reason. You are way understating it just to say he was contacted, like a witness. He has an attorney on it. He's the alleged perpetrator.

But, I agree it will likely fade away because FSU has a long and storied history of either ignoring, or making go away, criminal jeopardy for its star football players.

I'll be surprised if anything comes of it but for a different reason. You are way understating it just to say he was contacted, like a witness. He has an attorney on it. He's the alleged perpetrator.

But, I agree it will likely fade away because FSU has a long and storied history of either ignoring, or making go away, criminal jeopardy for its star football players.

You'd CERTAINLY be the most credible source for that...

*where's the rolling eyes smilie??!!*

Typical of the Florida State Criminoles

Like Greg Dent, just 5 months ago?

Winston has an attorney because that's his right. I'd get one too if I had been contacted by police even if I knew I hadn't done anything.

Winston was contacted by police. That's the only reason he's a part of this. The complaint wasn't filed against him. No charges. Nothing but talking to the police 10 months ago. It sounds someone started digging again and the TPD based the buck to the state

VN Store

Back