Jameis Winston (FSU) merged

Has the smell of OSU and Urban Crier written all over it.

Yes, Urban Meyer knew last December Jameis Winston would explode onto the CFB scene some nine months later, posing a direct threat to the Buckeye's national title hopes.

So Urbs planted a gal to set JW up, then paid off law enforcement in Tallahassee to allegedly look the other way.

Last edited:
This wasn't drummed up by another program or fanbase. Whether a crime occurred and whether Winston was involved, this is a real story that has nothing to do with football.

If the article is true part of it has everything to do with football.

That and your dealing with maybe the dumbest investigator to ever walk the earth.

Hard to imagine.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
Yes, Urban Meyer knew last December Jameis Winston would explode onto the CFB scene some nine months later, posing a direct threat to the Buckeye's national title hoeps.

So Urbs planted a gal to set JW up, then paid off law enforcement in Tallahassee to allegedly look the other way.

Sounds plausible.

Except he would have to face Saban again. Nevermind. Even if he had his palm read and could forecast Winston he'd turn down that beating again.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

What happened to prompt the media outlets to file the open records requests that restarted the investigation?
Basically, why did the media suddenly look into this several months later? I have not seen that in any story on this. It's as if someone connected to the story decided to circulate a press release. I've been under the impression that the media just recently became aware of this.

Last edited:
What happened to prompt the media outlets to file the open records requests that restarted the investigation?
Basically, why did the media suddenly look into this several months later? I have not seen that in any story on this. It's as if someone connected to the story decided to circulate a press release. I've been under the impression that the media just recently became aware of this.

Someone close to the victim had to leak it. That's all I can figure.

The fact that they were together makes it enough to charge? Lot of guys around eligible to be charged with rape, then.
In a he said she said with DNA the DA will almost always take it to the grand jury to let them hear from the alleged victim and decide whether to indict based on her believability. My guess is that will happen in this case, after football season of course.

The fact that they were together makes it enough to charge? Lot of guys around eligible to be charged with rape, then.

At the risk of getting too graphic:

Winston's DNA was in the girl's underwear. The fact that her underwear never came off could lead one to conclude that it wasn't consensual.

At the risk of getting too graphic:

Winston's DNA was in the girl's underwear. The fact that her underwear never came off could lead one to conclude that it wasn't consensual.

Not necessarily. Not trying to be a smart azz but lots of ways for that to happen. Probably happens to lots of guys after having sex with their wife/gf

Not necessarily. Not trying to be a smart azz but lots of ways for that to happen. Probably happens to lots of guys after having sex with their wife/gf

In the situation you're hinting at, you wouldn't be terribly likely to get as pristine a swab as the one described in the linked article.

That's not to say that any of this proves a lack of consent. But I think the Tallahassee DA is going to have a tough time explaining how there isn't enough to at least bring it before a grand jury.

In the situation you're hinting at, you wouldn't be terribly likely to get as pristine a swab as the one described in the linked article.

That's not to say that any of this proves a lack of consent. But I think the Tallahassee DA is going to have a tough time explaining how there isn't enough to at least bring it before a grand jury.

1) It's FSU.
2) He's a superstar.
3) It's FSU.

They specialize in not prosecuting FSU football players. Got a whole division devoted just to that.

Reactions: 1 person
still don't get why this waited 11 months (coincidentally, at the same time FSU became #2) to come out

and not sure this is an indictment of Winston as much as it is one of Tallahassee's police department

I'd like to retract the comments I made regarding this guy. He is still a good team mate as far as I can tell, but its looking more and more like he is a criminal to atleast some degree.

1) It's FSU.
2) He's a superstar.
3) It's FSU.

They specialize in not prosecuting FSU football players. Got a whole division devoted just to that.

I get all of that.

But, given the family's very pointed accusations, to not at least bring it to the grand jury (which the DA already said he wouldn't do in lieu of making a decision to charge in house) would be seen as a tacit admission of everything you just wrote.

I wonder if Winston denied having sex with her when questioned, prior to the DNA results.

I wonder if Winston denied having sex with her when questioned, prior to the DNA results.

Well, he wasn't questioned for months after the incident, so who knows.

His attorney's original comment on the matter relied on witness accounts that Winston wasn't even there. Now that the DNA evidence blows that up, his attorney is now saying "We never said he wasn't there." Solid hair-splitting going on.

VN Store

Back