Jaylen Wright going pro

He was actually #3 on the team in receptions behind Squirrel and Remel. Granted that was mostly short checkdown stuff so not a ton of yards but he can catch. I'm assuming there will be receiving drills at the combine and if he impresses in that capacity to go along with what I'm pretty certain is going to be impressive measureables he could make himself some money.
He will get drafted in a similar place as Achane probably... or later

Best wishes to him! As a RB, its best to get in the NFL as early as possible in hopes of getting a decent 2nd contract. Unfortunately, RBs shelf life is shorter and too many fail to retain their value by the time their rookie contract is up.

Best wishes to him! As a RB, its best to get in the NFL as early as possible in hopes of getting a decent 2nd contract. Unfortunately, RBs shelf life is shorter and too many fail to retain their value by the time their rookie contract is up.
NFL teams are releasing franchise RB's at the first sign of regression. Ezekiel Elliott was only 2 years removed from a 1,000 yard season when the Cowboys dumped him. He is still only 28 years old.

Good luck to him. Hope he gets drafted and makes some money. Don’t blame him for opting out.

Having said that, this is the exact reason why I don’t get all that wound up about bowl games anymore. We are now missing Wright, Baron and 6 DB’s and that’s just as of today. Georgia has FIFTEEN players in the transfer portal. Bowl games are now just exhibitions and some extra practices for the players who are coming back. Nothing more.

I get that it's not what people on here want to read .... but he is very low in most mock drafts.
Mock drafts from CBS are different than NFL scout grades that these players gather before making these decisions. It’s been known for awhile that Wright would likely leave because his grade would be high enough. Doesn’t matter what I “want to read.” I want to read that he’s coming back. But he’d be stupid to do that.

He’ll tear it up at the combine with his speed/strength numbers. He likely won’t be a top 3 round pick, but he won’t be undrafted, either.

Mock drafts from click-driven sites aren’t credible. Projecting Small ahead of Wright is evidence of that.

Reactions: VAVol85
Happy for this kid! He has stayed out of trouble (not that it was an issue with him) and worked his butt off. I hope everything works out for him he's a vfl and I will always be pulling for him.

Best of luck to him ..... but he is currently projecting as an undrafted free agent on both NFL Draft Buzz and NFL Mock Draft Database. Draft Buzz really hates him. They have him as the #34 RB and #428 overall payer in the 2024 NFL Draft. That's not even close to being a draft pick. Maybe he can make a team anyway?

Neither of those sites know what they’re talking about. A lot of that is based on where guys where at coming into the season.

Mays being out was an issue...Mincey? No so much...imo
When Mincey returned we played better. Part of that is because the person playing in his place was able to return to their natural position too I THINK. Mays is definitely the bigger difference.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Really proud of and happy for him. This kids game compared to him as a freshman is light years apart. He ran wide on every play as a freshman to try and avoid contact, plus had issues fumbling, when he was barely hit. Now he runs over and drags defenders inside the tackles. HUGE IMPROVEMENT! Congrats to him and the coaches who helped him reach his potential. Best wishes Jaylen!

Reactions: VAVol85
Jalen Wright will be a huge asset to some team. It will be fun to watch him in the NFL.

This one is off on his age but has him 5th-7th and a top 15 RB. 18 were drafted last year and most of them made teams and played this season. Screenshot_20231216_005634_Chrome.jpg

Hmm, sure, but he wasn't getting NFL contract money. He also starts his NFL clock toward his pension. He also doesn't have to go to school. He also gets NFL exposure toward bigger endorsements than Buddy's BBQ.
Wasn’t saying it was wrong. Just saying he’s already getting paid.

My husband and I had the pleasure of sitting by his family this season. This "large" family couldn't be any better, good people. If you lurk here, we'll miss you next year, you have been a joy!

VN Store

Back