Jimmy Carter Appreciation Thread

One of my cousins is the President and CEO of Habitat for Humanity in Nashville. While I am not a fan of Jimmy Carter’s politics, he is a good man and he has worked tirelessly for Habitat for Humanity.

View attachment 537074
What volunteer work I’ve done for them I’ve found very satisfying. Once I fully retire I will hopefully be healthy enough to swing a hammer for them more often than I have this far.

One of the people I have always admired most.
Quick story which I may have told before..............
About 25 years ago my wife, two daughters, and I took my wife's grandmother to his church to hear him teach Sunday School.
My daughters were 1 and 2. Rosalynn Carter actually kept my daughters in the nursery. When we picked them up Rosalynn told us she had changed a dirty diaper on the one year old.
The Carters met and had pictures made with all of the visitors.
About 3 years ago, my daughter (the one year old) graduated from GT. I sent President Carter an 8 x 10 of the picture we took years earlier, told him the one year old was about to graduate from GT, and asked him to sign the picture so I could give it to her as a graduation gift.
He not only signed the picture but sent a hand written not of congratulations. I had the picture and note framed and gave it to my daughter as a graduation gift. She now has it proudly hanging in her apartment in NY.
We attended one of his Sunday School classes in 2019. He had a great sense of humor. He and Mrs. Carter took pictures after the service with everyone that wanted one.

His presidency was before my time.... So I can't speak much of how it went,but from what I've heard and read, it wasn't fondly looked upon as anything of note. However, what the man accomplished for the rest of his life will far surpass the 4 years he served as president.My prayers go out to his family.

Jimmy Carter 98?

H.W. Bush 94

Gerald Ford 93

Ronald Reagan 93

John Adams 90

Herbert Hoover 90

Harry Truman 88

James Madison 85

Thomas Jefferson 83

Richard Nixon 81

John Quincy Adams 80

Joe Biden 80*

Dwight Eisenhower 78

Andrew Jackson 78

James Buchanan 77

Donald Trump 76*

George W. Bush 76*

Bill Clinton 76*

Millard Fillmore 74
Money

Carter was a good man and wanted the best for this country. Showed it by how he helped others. Prayers for his family as a life well lived draws near.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Carter is an important milestone in the moral degradation of the Democrat Party
Carter: opposed abortion
Ferraro: opposed abortion personally but didn’t want to dictate to others
Clinton: Abortion should be safe, available but rare
Biden: with every fourth abortion, the fifth one is free!
(Okay I made that last one up, but it’s not far off the mark)

Maybe one of the last sane Democrats. I still never understand though how a Southern Baptist could remain in the party of Child sacrifice. Of course Bill Clinton did too, but Jimmy Carter actually believed. Carter’s cheerleading for the Palestinians is another head scratcher.
He didn't cheerlead for the Palestinians as much as he looked for a fair way forward, which is basic right and wrong as well as being in line with our foreign policy in days past. He's had his moral failings, e.g. support of William Calley, but he seems to be all in all a very decent man. And he wasn't Reagan so that's in his favor.

Reactions: Voldog1998
Carter is an important milestone in the moral degradation of the Democrat Party
Carter: opposed abortion
Ferraro: opposed abortion personally but didn’t want to dictate to others
Clinton: Abortion should be safe, available but rare
Biden: with every fourth abortion, the fifth one is free!
(Okay I made that last one up, but it’s not far off the mark)

He was a waffler on abortion and the media let him get by with it

Jimmy Carter on Abortion

He didn't cheerlead for the Palestinians as much as he looked for a fair way forward, which is basic right and wrong as well as being in line with our foreign policy in days past. He's had his moral failings, e.g. support of William Calley, but he seems to be all in all a very decent man. And he wasn't Reagan so that's in his favor.
Ron the First was THE MAN. Don’t diss him. And prepare the way for Ron the Second in 2024 😀

His presidency was before my time.... So I can't speak much of how it went,but from what I've heard and read, it wasn't fondly looked upon as anything of note. However, what the man accomplished for the rest of his life will far surpass the 4 years he served as president.My prayers go out to his family.
He also spent the last several decades supporting the murder of the unborn and working to undermine God’s chosen people in Israel. I can’t fathom the compromises he had to make in his faith to allow that.
But I am sure he thinks his heart is in the right place. I am sure i strongly hold incorrect opinions as well. And I truly wish him and his family the best. He at least I think was never cynical with his beliefs and that says a lot for the man.

Reactions: Pennheel

VN Store

Back