Josh Heupel emerges (old thread)

We cannot hire Dykes or hand this over the Steele. Everything else can be debated. But 50 level 1 violations, a lousy roster and 3 top 10 teams on the schedule don’t seem to be worth the money to good coaches.

Reactions: Vol_guy
Napier turned down Auburn, will get a big job, arrow pointing up. Born in TN, huge ties to recruiting in Ga, would do very well at TN.
I like Napier a lot, and Chadwell. Haven’t thought much about Heupel honestly because he’s not from TN but he seems like a guy who knows how to score points. Give him a good DC and he might just freaking kill it here.

There’s literally nothing to suggest that he’s a solid coach. UCF has regressed every year under his stewardship.
Did I literally not say offensively? They finished 8th in offense out of 127 teams (and played 10 games so not a small sample size). The defense finished 92nd. That's why I said we already have a defensive coordinator. He can develop QBs clearly. Dillon Gabriel has thrown for over 7000 yards with a 61/11 TD/INT in his first two years. JG could play for 10 years and not do that.

Reactions: Border Vol
Why is everyone crying? First of all, we don’t even know if this is true. Second of all, it’s possible that no proven guy wants to come here. Out of the unproven guys, huepel seems like a decent hire.

VN Store

Back