Judging from stats

fade route

Just being honest
Blacked out from Comcast here in Arky, I'm just following the game on gamescast (espn). From stats it looks like we are going to struggle throwing the ball downfield this year. 119 yds passing 3/4 of the way through the game against AP? I expected more - I know we are young, but just about everyone on here, myself included, predicted over 250 yds passing. Looks like D is playing good (granted, its Peay) and good to see us run the ball well. Thoughts from anyone who is watching??

Reactions: 1 person
Blacked out from Comcast here in Arky, I'm just following the game on gamescast (espn). From stats it looks like we are going to struggle throwing the ball downfield this year. 119 yds passing 3/4 of the way through the game against AP? I expected more - I know we are young, but just about everyone on here, myself included, predicted over 250 yds passing. Looks like D is playing good (granted, its Peay) and good to see us run the ball well. Thoughts from anyone who is watching??

We're not throwing the ball much

We haven't really tried to throw it down field much. We've had a few where the QB put it a step behind the receiver, North adjusted and made a grab and the defender broke one up on blanc. I'm more worried about defending the pass...

The offensive dissapointment if there is one has been the passing game. Recievers and Worley were to blame.

Really just committed to running the ball. Thought passing game was fairly crisp with Worley. Would've been much better if Worley had been more accurate on a couple throws.

Worley was 11/13 with 104 yards passing and 3 touchdowns in the first half and UT mostly ran the ball in the 1st half, plus we had 317 total yards in the 1st half. I thought Worley looked good tonight, of course I realize it was Austin Peay but I thought he played well and Tennessee looks a lot more disciplined already then they did at anytime last year.

Reactions: 6 people
Really just committed to running the ball. Thought passing game was fairly crisp with Worley. Would've been much better if Worley had been more accurate on a couple throws.

Our recievers are too fast.

Nope not even close

Worley can't throw, peterman hangs on to the ball too long, it's "ok cuz the running game is good" - well lets see if we can run like this on an SEC team

butch's offenses are predicated on running and short to medium high percentage passes . This is all done at a fast pace.

The Playstation offense that you saw last year is over , done with and gone.

Reactions: 4 people
We are going to have our hands full with Western Kentucky next week. I know that much. This game showed exactly what I thought... We have an about average first squad, and very poor depth.

yeah, the Peterman people need to sit down for a little while. Worley looked way better with his reads and even running the read option.

Reactions: 4 people
We are a well disciplined team with no penaltys at all. Very well satisfied with the way our Team 117 played tonight.Great things are about to happen.

Reactions: 3 people
We are going to have our hands full with Western Kentucky next week. I know that much. This game showed exactly what I thought... We have an about average first squad, and very poor depth.

indeed, our second team offense/defense leaves much to be desired....depth or lack of depth won't work in SEC play

VN Store

Back