Judging from stats

I was satistfied with Worley. He'll improve with the accuracy. As always, not happy with what I saw from the offensive lines short yardage situation (missed 1st quarter). I don't think they will "have their hands full" with WKU, but it will definitely let us know the true look for them heading into the Oregon game. For what the game was worth, everything looked pretty good when you factor in the zero penalties, management, coaching overall... it was a good confidence boost for the young and ones experienced with losing.

Reactions: 1 person
yeah if ANYONE gets hurt in the secondary say hello 5-7.

I'm curious who you think the 7 losses are to.

Oregon
Florida
Georga
USCe
Bama

Who else?

Vandy?
Mizzou?

You don't think we can go 1/2 vs vandy and mizzou and you deduce this from watching our first string put up a 42-0 first half versus an FCS team? :crazy:

Last edited:
Whoa whoa, that's going a little too far I have to disagree. I wouldn't say he had a bad attitude.

Well, he's no Johnny Football but he wasn't exactly the picture of good attitude either. Of course, with Dooley at the helm I think we might should give some players some slack about attitude problems. jmo

I'm curious who you think the 7 losses are to.

Oregon
Florida
Georga
USCe
Bama

Who else?

Vandy?
Mizzou?

You don't think we can go 1/2 vs vandy and mizzou and you deduce this from watching our first string put up a 42-0 first half versus an FCS team? :crazy:

Georgia's OL didn't look so hot and Buma just wasn't good at all on offense. Florida struggled running and defending the pass in a lot of their game. Oh, and Vandy lost. If UT can't beat one of those Jones should be fired. Jk but you would think that talent can upset somebody.

Well, he's no Johnny Football but he wasn't exactly the picture of good attitude either. Of course, with Dooley at the helm I think we might should give some players some slack about attitude problems. jmo

I was going for the joke of picking the opposite of what you would think but then I realized you said therefore and not and. Lol

A 45 point dog who can not stop the run, lost by 45 while giving up 316 rushing yards. It is what it is.

Worley was 11-13 with 104 yards by the half. 6 for 6 on drives and touchdowns on all 6 drives. Yep he's the weak link. Y'all are ridicules! I watch Arron Murray tonight. 5th year Senior. Considered one of the best quarterbacks in the country and his passes were not always right between the numbers. WR have to make plays. Thats it.

Reactions: 2 people
We are going to have our hands full with Western Kentucky next week. I know that much. This game showed exactly what I thought... We have an about average first squad, and very poor depth.

so does WKU

the freak outs in these threads no matter the outcome are hilarious. anybody who saw the game and is complaining about worley and the receivers are nuts. their young and they did fine. this game was all about running the ball.

Last edited:
so does WKU

the freak outs in these threads no matter the outcome are hilarious. anybody who saw the game and is complaining about worley and the receivers are nuts. their young and they did fine. this game was all about running the ball.

There's a lot of people who are nuts besides just the people in these threads. The radio announcers are nuts because they were complaining about Worley's accuracy. Heck even Worley himself is nuts because he was complaining in his post game interview about underthrowing his receivers. Nuts, nuts, nuts. They're everywhere tonight.

Worley was 11/13 with 104 yards passing and 3 touchdowns in the first half and UT mostly ran the ball in the 1st half, plus we had 317 total yards in the 1st half. I thought Worley looked good tonight, of course I realize it was Austin Peay but I thought he played well and Tennessee looks a lot more disciplined already then they did at anytime last year.

Worley threw 3 or 4 balls behind receivers in the first half. The first was the deep ball, then the incompletion right before the touchdown throw (which was also behind the receiver and would have been broken up or picked vs. real competition).

Not all down on JW...

Loved his pickups on the ground in the zone read plays. He "took care of the ball".

His late and errant passes might now turn out so well in conference play.

I don't think some people realize just how mechanically good Tyler Bray was. He made dumb decisions at times and was obviously immature, but we probably won't see another pure passer for a long time with his skill. Worley did a fantastic job reading the defense and calling the right plays today. He's no Manning or Bray, but in this type of offense he doesn't have to be. He just has to be quick with his execution and hope his receivers are on the same page.

Shhh don't say that around here, Tyler had a bad attitude and therefor isn't a VFL and also sucks

Noooo...he was great and legendary....a winner...And undefeated against Kentucky and Vanderbilt :whistling:

They only had one first down until second team d came in. Then all the blown assignments and passing started. Our freshman will be baptized in fire this season. October will be brutal as always

We put up 42 points in the first half. Our second and third team defense closed out a shut out. We had ZERO penalties. Over all not a bad day.

Worley threw a few passes behind the receivers..... its game one of year one in this offense. Adjustments will be made. Its why they practice.

Reactions: 2 people
Worley was 11-13 with 104 yards by the half. 6 for 6 on drives and touchdowns on all 6 drives. Yep he's the weak link. Y'all are ridicules! I watch Arron Murray tonight. 5th year Senior. Considered one of the best quarterbacks in the country and his passes were not always right between the numbers. WR have to make plays. Thats it.

Add to this thought that Worley had roughly the same stats in a half that Johnny Football did. Similar completion percentage, similar yardage, same tds. Yet, people will talk about how great Manziel looked, and how Worley is terrible.

Just thought I'd throw this in here. I really like this offense a lot. It's going to be really exciting to watch.

Add to this thought that Worley had roughly the same stats in a half that Johnny Football did. Similar completion percentage, similar yardage, same tds. Yet, people will talk about how great Manziel looked, and how Worley is terrible.

Yet Johnny was the one getting flagged and jawing at the opponent... No class at all

You never know how these things are gonna play out, but for the first time in a long time, I'm truly optimistic.

VN Store

Back