Judging from stats

Worley can't throw, peterman hangs on to the ball too long, it's "ok cuz the running game is good" - well lets see if we can run like this on an SEC team

And you just swallowed your gum...dark clouds abound
Posted via VolNation Mobile

My random thoughts. Passing game is bad. Worley is better than Peterman. Summerhill is better than Smith. Secondary will have issues. We don't have any depth. We are a well coached team. WKU will be a close game. I like the energy and passion.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm worried about our offense. If we can effectively run the ball against SEC defenses, we will be fine. But I'm very dissatisfied with Worley. He makes good decisions but he just can't deliver the football. You can see alot of potential in our receivers though.

Our offense isnt set up for a bray throw down the field. Its set up for cutbacks screens & short slants. We'll do just fine.

I'm not sure we are watching the same game, but Worley has missed on multiple throws. We should be able to do as we please on AP when passing the ball, but the only real bright spot on offense has been the run game. Worley is not accurate at all.

My random thoughts. Passing game is bad. Worley is better than Peterman. Summerhill is better than Smith. Secondary will have issues. We don't have any depth. We are a well coached team. WKU will be a close game. I like the energy and passion.
This is pretty spot on.

I think Catbone hit the nail on the head. Palardy looked alright too.

Definitely need to work on passing game, special teams coverage, and secondary... Austin Peay was able to throw the ball on us, and that terrifies me.

I'm not sure we are watching the same game, but Worley has missed on multiple throws. We should be able to do as we please on AP when passing the ball, but the only real bright spot on offense has been the run game. Worley is not accurate at all.

Worley is not accurate? Dude was 11-13 and north dropped both incompleted balls! I swear Volnation would dog pile on Peyton if he missed a throw or two.

Reactions: 9 people

Agree with all the above.

I'm lost. I'm hearing Worley is inaccurate and the passing game is bad. I understand that every pass can't be perfectly placed but he clearly threw 11 out of 13 catchable balls. That's right. Completed all but two but he's inaccurate? It's the first game. The offense was very vanilla not wanting to show much against AP.
I thought Worley was very in control of the offense and they seemed to play way faster under him. Again, its game one.

Reactions: 7 people
I think Catbone hit the nail on the head. Palardy looked alright too.

Definitely need to work on passing game, special teams coverage, and secondary... Austin Peay was able to throw the ball on us, and that terrifies me.

Which is why our defensive line needs to put pressure on every opposing QB.:twocents:

5 wins may be tops for this team, I don't see a bowl in cards. Team appears to be well coached but lack of depth and secondary play leads us to another 5-7 campagne

does anybody think that we were playing a very simple gameplan because it was ap?i'm happy with what we did.nothing fancy,just win the game.

I really don't understand the pass defense talk.the starting qb only had 94 yds passing.they had a couple of big plays but it seemed as we did just fine against this team.and,they didn't score.:twocents:

Last edited:
I'm lost. I'm hearing Worley is inaccurate and the passing game is bad. I understand that every pass can't be perfectly placed but he clearly threw 11 out of 13 catchable balls. That's right. Completed all but two but he's inaccurate? It's the first game. The offense was very vanilla not wanting to show much against AP.
I thought Worley was very in control of the offense and they seemed to play way faster under him. Again, its game one.

11-13 is very good. I think that maybe the complaint is that a few passed were thrown behind the receiver. Grant it, most of them were caught.

Worley is not accurate? Dude was 11-13 and north dropped both incompleted balls! I swear Volnation would dog pile on Peyton if he missed a throw or two.

Yea and you and most people also look at stats and not the game. About six of those completions the WR made the play. I'm not dogging anyone on our team, I'm just telling you we have a long way to go.

Worley looks like about what I thought he would be .....a solid game manager. He's probably the best we've got until one of the freshman gets more experience.

Which is why our defensive line needs to put pressure on every opposing QB.:twocents:

They did a much better job this game, but this fragile fan base gets touchy when people say the obvious. The difference between our first team and second team secondary is like comparing a Benz to a Ford Focus. We are in deep **** if Coleman gets hurt. We have no CB depth, and when the second string came in guys looked lost.

Last edited:

This is a silly take on things. Worley was of 11 of 13 ..8 yards per attempt. This is not inaccurate . If by 'multiple throws' you mean 2 throws ...well maybe you have a point.

This is Butch's offense. A 4 vertical attack with with short and intermediate throws. He will attack with running plays as long as he can ..meaning that if the D cannot stop his off from running 3.5 yards a carry , he may never pass .
When he does pass , the passing game is an extension of the running game .

Reactions: 2 people
Yea and you and most people also look at stats and not the game. About six of those completions the WR made the play. I'm not dogging anyone on our team, I'm just telling you we have a long way to go.

I watched the whole game. He looked above average to me. Was he an all American? No. But if you're going to say he missed a few throws then include the two drops that caused his only two incompletions of the game. He played well and proved his starting spot.

And I'm starting to think most people on here only read the stats for other games without watching them. Every WR corp makes adjustments for catches. That is an attribute of a good WR. To think its abnormal that North had to reach back to catch the thirty yard pass is asinine. Happens in every game.

VN Store

Back