Judging from stats

I wouldnt put much stock into this game tonight.We pretty much had a glorified practice.They even said that Tenn runs much faster in practice than what we did in the game tonight.I think next week we see the offense open up more and the D be turned loose more so than what we ran...

Reactions: 2 people
AP passing, 13 of 26 for 132 yards and 2 INTs

Not sure if you watched the game... but also, it's AUSTIN PEAY and they completed 50% of their passes. They had one solid drive where they completed probably 7-8 passes, all for about 5-8 yards, and we couldn't defend it.

Reactions: 1 person
The offensive dissapointment if there is one has been the passing game. Recievers and Worley were to blame.

You've got be kidding me! Worley was 11-14 and had 3 TDs. Please tell me how he is to blame? He didn't need to throw for 300 yes. It was 42-0 at halftime for Christ's sake. So yeah...Peterman looked like a worldbeater though huh? He really lit it up.

Reactions: 4 people
Not sure if you watched the game... but also, it's AUSTIN PEAY and they completed 50% of their passes. They had one solid drive where they completed probably 7-8 passes, all for about 5-8 yards, and we couldn't defend it.

Seriously? Have you ever watched a football game before? That's not a rhetorical question. I'm wondering if you have ever watched a football game before. You do realize that Nicholls State completed 50% of their passes against Oregon? That they actually put points on the board? Some of you guys need to chill the deuce out until you realize that real football games are not played out like on your playstation3.

Reactions: 5 people
Seriously? Have you ever watched a football game before? That's not a rhetorical question. I'm wondering if you have ever watched a football game before. You do realize that Nicholls State completed 50% of their passes against Oregon? That they actually put points on the board? Some of you guys need to chill the deuce out until you realize that real football games are not played out like on your playstation3.

No. I have never seen a football game before.

Fortunately, in another game that I've not seen, it looks like offensive mastermind Malzahn has no offense, so hopefully that will settle the UT-Auburn dispute.

U dont show your star plays against this or next weeks team. Also...some freshman jitters today. And yes, i was in Neyland, 4 rows drom the field. GoVols!

Well as far as running for possession we did well. Running for big gainers, we did well.

Passing for possession, we did good. Passing for huge gains, we need too improve upon that and I think we will.

As far as QB running: Surprisingly Worley did much better. Now that I have had time to think about it, I think Peterman tried too hard on some plays. Also, he didn't get as much protection either...Makes a difference.

Alden Hill was ok except for fumble; Tom Smith just didn't have it. Summerhill was impressive.

Special Teams except for Kickoffs were very good. Way to go Palardy!

Yea and you and most people also look at stats and not the game. About six of those completions the WR made the play. I'm not dogging anyone on our team, I'm just telling you we have a long way to go.

Is that not what receivers are supposed to do? Some of you people are retarded. The ball isn't always going to hit on the numbers. Watch the pros. A good chunk of those qbs don't hit the numbers...a majority of the time. Qbs start the play, receivers have to finish it. Clearly Worley put 11 of 13 balls within the playmaking abilities of the receiver and did so without throwing an Int. I think some are just looking for an excuse to say "I told you so" when things go south. Are they going to go south at some point this season? Yes. But I see a lot of progress and more potential than there ever was last year. 3 guys on offense don't win a championship by themselves.

Reactions: 3 people
Bit of a catch-22. Worley is the better game manager, but clearly doesn't have a great arm.

I'd say that's accurate. Watching him live you could really see that the ball just doesn't jump out of his hand.

I thought Worley looked pretty decent. There were a couple times where if he had nailed the receiver in stride it would have been a much bigger play, but otherwise he managed the game just fine. I would think they'll be able to keep working with him on his mechanics. I think we have to remember that just about anyone will look mundane after Tyler Bray's rocket the past few seasons.

We are going to have our hands full with Western Kentucky next week. I know that much. This game showed exactly what I thought... We have an about average first squad, and very poor depth.

Our fans are forgetting the fact that we had better enjoy any win we get....they may be few and far between. Next up WK, so let's take em 1 at a time.
Go Vols

I'm not sure we are watching the same game, but Worley has missed on multiple throws. We should be able to do as we please on AP when passing the ball, but the only real bright spot on offense has been the run game. Worley is not accurate at all.

How can Worley miss on multiple throws and be 11-14. Yes he could have led his receivers a little better but he did not miss. Were you just assuming he was bad because you want someone else and not looking at the stats?

I'm not sure we are watching the same game, but Worley has missed on multiple throws. We should be able to do as we please on AP when passing the ball, but the only real bright spot on offense has been the run game. Worley is not accurate at all.

Missed 2 passes all night!

I said three weeks ago we have two strengths OL and LB. all others are bottom third of our conference. DL might be in the middle of the pack, but secondary is bottom 20% and depth continues to be a problem for three years now. Lots on here said I was just being negative. I said realistic. One question, think how it will be when we play teams that a two steps faster and much stronger than AP? I hope we win them all, but reality is what it is. CBJ is a good leader and game manager, but you also need players.

I did see a well coached game, but we can't forget we lost many play makers from last year on offense. I think many of our fans thought coach Jones could turn things around immediately with just a coaching change....no coach is that good.....patience Vol fans

VN Store

Back