Justin Worley to start against Austin Peay

I say we make 4th quarter freshman only. Every single one of them.

Maybe we should call up Jalen and let him in there for a few plays.

Max amount of eligibility is for chumps. Our players go NFL.

Redshirting is a sign of weakness.

or a sign that you have more talent than you can use this year....

Everyone who has gone and seen them practice (as in former players) all confirm Fergie is better and ahead of Dobbs.

I don't know a lot of former players...actually I only know two, but one of them who goes to church with me told me the other day the same thing. He played with Casey Clausen and was an important part of our offense. He just said that Ferg is the real deal. Clausen type attitude with a cannon for an arm. He said he thinks Ferg is starting at some point this season. Wouldn't be surprised to see Dobbs and/or Peterman transfer but hopes that is not the case. He just thinks that once Ferg gets a hold of the job he isn't letting it go. He said "Dude can throw a pick in practice and just shrug his shoulders and say thats ok...I'll throw 3 tds now. He just is super confident and the guys follow." I think this is backed up with what Tiny said today about Ferg being loud and commanding the huddle. I think he will play Saturday but I think it may be South Alabama or later before we see any real Ferguson starting talk from coach Jones. JMO

But do we need glorified scrimmage?

No, we don't. Before Dooley's disgraceful tenure, I believe 1990 (Pacific) was the last time we scheduled a lower division school. I don't believe scheduling this big of a mismatch really helps the team prepare for the rest of the season. I like scheduling an easy game to start but it should be at least an FBS team.

THE GAME IS ON ESPN PLAYER IN THE UK!!!! Yeeeeehhaaaaa! I'm sorted for week 1 baby! HAPPY AS LARRY!!!

This is annoying. Worley wasn't my choice, but it sure as hell doesn't matter. The man is our starting QB and I will support him and wish him extreme success.

Reactions: 4 people
I'll allow that Worley may have gotten some better coaching since CBJ arrived, and the kid wants the chance to show improvement. I imagine if the game starts going south with Worley, CBJ has a backup plan in mind.

He is a really good young man, and I hope he does well. He was thrown to the wolves his first few starts, and did ok; he is now older/wiser and our offensive line now is nasty.

Reactions: 2 people
Stupid thread. If Butch Jones thinks Worley deserves to be the starting quarterback, then I trust him 100%.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back