Kentucky Sports Radio

Any UT coach that loses to ky should not be allowed back in the state. If CBJ loses to ky it should be immediate termination as with any ut coach.

Reactions: 4 people
If you lived in Tennessee you'd hear the same things about Butch. It happens whenever a program gets a coach after a bad year or two. Fans are gonna be excited.

Difference between excitement and absurdity. KY is literally acting like they will be competing for NC's in a few years.

Tennessee fans while excited are grounded to reality. We know that while Jones certainly looks the part the proof will be in the pudding in2-3 years.

Reactions: 2 people
Difference between excitement and absurdity. KY is literally acting like they will be competing for NC's in a few years.

Tennessee fans while excited are grounded to reality. We know that while Jones certainly looks the part the proof will be in the pudding in2-3 years.

Have you read the posts that say Oregon doesn't match up with UT? :crazy:

We can all agree how absurd they are being, but I'd like to ask a different question. Why COULDN"T they compete for NC's in a few years?

You could argue that UK has many of the same benefits we do (SEC competition, exposure, recruiting capability) and the some of same weaknesses (not a lot of in state talent, stiff competition, etc). Why do you think Kentucky could never compete? Just curious to what people think.

Reality is what you make it. So until the season is played and over, sitting aside arrogance might be a good idea.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe one of the KY fans can explain the whole Mark Stoops thing to me. What makes them think this guy is such a great coach? Is it just his name? Would they still be in a frenzy if his name was Mark Steeps?

Maybe one of the KY fans can explain the whole Mark Stoops thing to me. What makes them think this guy is such a great coach? Is it just his name? Would they still be in a frenzy if his name was Mark Steeps?

I think They believe winning is in the Stoops blood. They don't remember the Stoops brother who was fired at Arizona.

Non-snide response to your post.

1. They think Snoops is a winner by default due to his bloodline.
2. Stoops has done a decent recruiting job so far and apparently getting better commits than is typical for the UK. They are or were ranked #12.
3. Practices were apparently very good and very encouraging.
4. The team and certainly the fans actually believe.

I don't think they refer to him as a great coach yet. But he has brought more excitement to the team and fans not seen for a very long time. Their outlook is not that different than ours. So while I believe we wil beat the snot out of them, I respect their belief and hopes for their team. Why act like a Bama fan toward them?

Reactions: 2 people
Why shouldn't UK be excited? They're in the same position UT is in. Ignore the history for a moment and just look at the last few years. Both were doing good by their standards and both took a nose dive. Both hired coaches that are recruiting well (again, by the schools standards), pumping up the fans, and bringing in a good staff. If UT fans can't see the same thing is happening at both schools...then sorry.

UK has a killer schedule, probably the toughest in the nation. To see them win only three games wouldn't shock me. Some of the games we used to win have changed over the years. People forget we were beating Louisville regularly. Vandy used to be a game we competed in better. Even Wku has stepped up and beat us. They should be a tough game for both programs. UK will take a while to win at. I don't see why we can't become a consistent top 25 program. It's not like we've never had succeed. We've produced good NFL talent and with the right coaches and commitment, I think we can do it. UK loves football, it's not just a basketball state.

On the subject of UT coaches losing to UK...people seem to forget how many games in that 27 year stretch were close. 10 out of the 17 games were decided by 10 points or less. Only 1 was won by Uk. Sure, UT has dominated UK historically, but a few different plays here and there, and it wouldn't have been close to 27 years.

Best of luck to Butch and Mark. They both speak big, I hope they can prove it when they start the season.

Last edited:
Why shouldn't UK be excited? They're in the same position UT is in. Ignore the history for a moment and just look at the last few years. Both were doing good by their standards and both took a nose dive. Both hired coaches that are recruiting well (again, by the schools standards), pumping up the fans, and bringing in a good staff. If UT fans can't see the same thing is happening at both schools...then sorry.

UK has a killer schedule, probably the toughest in the nation. To see them win only three games wouldn't shock me. Some of the games we used to win have changed over the years. People forget we were beating Louisville regularly. Vandy used to be a game we competed in better. Even Wku has stepped up and beat us. They should be a tough game for both programs. UK will take a while to win at. I don't see why we can't become a consistent top 25 program. It's not like we've never had succeed. We've produced good NFL talent and with the right coaches and commitment, I think we can do it. UK loves football, it's not just a basketball state.

On the subject of UT coaches losing to UK...people seem to forget how many games in that 27 year stretch were close. 10 out of the 17 games were decided by 10 points or less. Only 1 was won by Uk. Sure, UT has dominated UK historically, but a few different plays here and there, and it wouldn't have been close to 27 years.

Best of luck to Butch and Mark. They both speak big, I hope they can prove it when they start the season.

I think they should be excited but calling out a team you have beaten only what...4 times in the last 40 years is beyond "excitement" it is just stupid. It is not like they won 9 games last year with 20 starters returning. Just stupid.

Reactions: 3 people
I think they should be excited but calling out a team you have beaten only what...4 times in the last 40 years is beyond "excitement" it is just stupid. It is not like they won 9 games last year with 20 starters returning. Just stupid.

It's not stupid. Both programs have been really bad the last couple years. Both have new coaches with very good recruiting for their standards. Ignore the history and you see that UK and UT are in the same boat.

I don't see where they even said any of this. You make a thread and just say they said it. Not denying that KSR said it, but I'd like to see where they "called out" UT.

It's not stupid. Both programs have been really bad the last couple years. Both have new coaches with very good recruiting for their standards. Ignore the history and you see that UK and UT are in the same boat.
I don't see where they even said any of this. You make a thread and just say they said it. Not denying that KSR said it, but I'd like to see where they "called out" UT.

We're in the worst 5 year stretch in Tennessee history so I guess it does kinda, almost, put us in the same boat.

Here's another tidbit for ya...during that stretch we're 4-1 against ky.

To be fair, we had a poster on this site already anointing Butch the second coming of Neyland.

It's the offseason for two programs with new coaches. No one knows exactly what's going to happen - except one thing. Dooley ain't here anymore. We will beat the **** out of Kentucky. They just don't have the talent yet to keep up in the SEC.

We're in the worst 5 year stretch in Tennessee history so I guess it does kinda, almost, put us in the same boat.

Here's another tidbit for ya...during that stretch we're 4-1 against ky.

Tennessee will never be in the same boat as Kentucky.....ever. You can't compare the two football programs.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back