Kentucky Sports Radio

Matt Jones said sometime last season that UT would never again be as strong as they once were. He referred to them as the "new Nebraska". I haven't the slightest problem with UK, but that ignorant comment alone gave me a bad vibe about KSR.

Reactions: 1 person
Matt Jones said sometime last season that UT would never again be as strong as they once were. He referred to them as the "new Nebraska". I haven't the slightest problem with UK, but that ignorant comment alone gave me a bad vibe about KSR.

He is a douche bag. His basketball coverage isn't bad and he generally has some pretty good insight. Football is a whole other story.

We have a couple really good recruits that should make an impact. We have Avery Williamson and Bud Dupree has upperclassmen leaders. We have a lot of options on offense. Specifically, Max Smith (qb) should be interesting to watch. He was injured last year and has showed burst of really high playing level. On special teams, we have a great younger punter in Foster.

Newcomers to watch should be exciting. Za'Darius Smith is a jc player and has great skill at de. Kemp and Timmons are athletes offensively and fun players.

Overall should be interesting to see how the recruiting class mixes with returning talent. We need some playmakers at key positions. WR and RB jobs are wide open. With a good looking 2014 class UK looks on the rise.

Again, to be frank it could happen. WKU isn't an easy game. SEC schedule is brutal. Louisville could bash us. An upset by one ooc opponent and it could happen.

I'm new to this board, but I think it's pretty neat to have a UK fan on board here at VN! MY best friend from high school is a UK fan, and current student, so I hear alot about KSR and what's happening with KY and "Stoops' Troops". Nice to see you're humble/realistic too! Agree that y'all have some playmakers coming in that could somewhat surprise some. But I know the WR situation there is BEYOND crazy, especially with Brown trying to run the Air Raid. My Q's for you are, do you agree with Stoops asking some players, WRs, to leave the program? And what do you think the possibilities are of Whitlow starting over Smith? I think Whitlow is a talent that's waiting to breakout and his athleticism could help Kentucky significantly, rather than hoping Smith matures and handles pressure better. Go VOLS!! (btw) and I'm really pulling for y'all to improve as a program so in a few years our Beer Barrel games (they should bring it back) will be more exciting and could have more on the line!

I'm new to this board, but I think it's pretty neat to have a UK fan on board here at VN! MY best friend from high school is a UK fan, and current student, so I hear alot about KSR and what's happening with KY and "Stoops' Troops". Nice to see you're humble/realistic too! Agree that y'all have some playmakers coming in that could somewhat surprise some. But I know the WR situation there is BEYOND crazy, especially with Brown trying to run the Air Raid. My Q's for you are, do you agree with Stoops asking some players, WRs, to leave the program? And what do you think the possibilities are of Whitlow starting over Smith? I think Whitlow is a talent that's waiting to breakout and his athleticism could help Kentucky significantly, rather than hoping Smith matures and handles pressure better. Go VOLS!! (btw) and I'm really pulling for y'all to improve as a program so in a few years our Beer Barrel games (they should bring it back) will be more exciting and could have more on the line!

I haven't heard much about the Stoops asking players to leave. I've heard it mentioned, but I don't know. Whatever the situation was, hope it was the right move.

Whitlow is a really raw player. He seemed to have a lot of trouble throwing the ball last year and teams forced him into a lot of dumb plays. He showed some flashed of brilliance. I still think Smith would run Air Raid better, but it'd be nice to bring Whitlow in every once in a while. Smith is a tall well built qb. He could thrive in the SEC with good coaching and some weapons.

Nice to meet you. I like meeting level-headed Vol fans, and hope both new coaches have great years. Best of luck.

VN Store

Back