Kentucky Sports Radio

Looking at their schedule, I'm seeing 3 maybe 4 wins. And one I'm giving to them is Western Kentucky..a team that beat them last year.

Some ridiculously early lines have UK a 7 point underdog to UT, so all chestbeating aside, it's not a stretch.

On a similar note, they are predicting UK to lose by 30 to Bama and 29 to Georgia, and 14 to Louisville.

Not gonna be pretty.

We're in the worst 5 year stretch in Tennessee history so I guess it does kinda, almost, put us in the same boat.

Here's another tidbit for ya...during that stretch we're 4-1 against ky.

The point is that both programs have sucked in the last 5 or so years. Even at UT's worst, they're still miles ahead of UK.

Hi Brian.

Reactions: 1 person
KENTUCKY-FAN-HIGH-FIVE-FAIL_thumb.gif

Reactions: 3 people
If you lived in Tennessee you'd hear the same things about Butch. It happens whenever a program gets a coach after a bad year or two. Fans are gonna be excited.

no, you don't understand. they talk as if he will bring success equivalent to what they're having in basketball. excitement is competing and getting better. these clowns are talking winning the east, bcs bowls, etc.. uk fans are obnoxious!

Non-snide response to your post.

1. They think Snoops is a winner by default due to his bloodline.
2. Stoops has done a decent recruiting job so far and apparently getting better commits than is typical for the UK. They are or were ranked #12.
3. Practices were apparently very good and very encouraging.
4. The team and certainly the fans actually believe.

I don't think they refer to him as a great coach yet. But he has brought more excitement to the team and fans not seen for a very long time. Their outlook is not that different than ours. So while I believe we wil beat the snot out of them, I respect their belief and hopes for their team. Why act like a Bama fan toward them?

close, but i would substitute #3 with:
coached at fsu and look at what he did there

Beat us in football not in the next 25 years, didnt they get there 1 in 25 a couple of years ago.

I know UT hasn't had a ton of success lately but when I take my Orange tinted shades off I still can't see UK holding onto the good recruits they have on board right now for 2014. Their schedule is brutal and their in much worse shape as UT. I see them going 3-9 maybe 4-8. GBO!

UK fans have got to be one of the longest suffering fanbases in Div 1 football. Let them have their excitement, there's no harm in it. Hell, I'm excited for us and I can't remember being excited for a season since Fulmer.

I also can't recall a time when I didn't hear 'this is the year we beat UT,' from UK fans. There's nothing wrong with that even if it doesn't match with what's probable. Fans SHOULD be excited and supportive of their team. High expectations are a good thing. CFB is about enjoying the ride which almost always includes ups and downs -- without that, even if it only happens in-game, there's no point in watching at all.

I agree man. They should be stoked bc Stoops has got some positive buzz going on. But in the end I don't see it sustaining. It's going to be a brutal season in Lexington. They got Louisville,UF,USCe,Bama,UGA,Vandy,UT, Miss st, and Mizzou

no, you don't understand. they talk as if he will bring success equivalent to what they're having in basketball. excitement is competing and getting better. these clowns are talking winning the east, bcs bowls, etc.. uk fans are obnoxious!

yeah, Im sure you've never heard a single UT fan ever say anything stupid. I guess UT fans are perfect. Right?

I know UT hasn't had a ton of success lately but when I take my Orange tinted shades off I still can't see UK holding onto the good recruits they have on board right now for 2014. Their schedule is brutal and their in much worse shape as UT. I see them going 3-9 maybe 4-8. GBO!

3-9, 4-8 for Stoops first year wouldn't be terrible. He's a first year coach and the schedule UK has is one of the toughest in the nation. Most level headed UK fans are predicting a season like that.

UK fans have got to be one of the longest suffering fanbases in Div 1 football. Let them have their excitement, there's no harm in it. Hell, I'm excited for us and I can't remember being excited for a season since Fulmer.

I also can't recall a time when I didn't hear 'this is the year we beat UT,' from UK fans. There's nothing wrong with that even if it doesn't match with what's probable. Fans SHOULD be excited and supportive of their team. High expectations are a good thing. CFB is about enjoying the ride which almost always includes ups and downs -- without that, even if it only happens in-game, there's no point in watching at all.

Thanks. College is all about supporting your team, no matter who you are.

I agree man. They should be stoked bc Stoops has got some positive buzz going on. But in the end I don't see it sustaining. It's going to be a brutal season in Lexington. They got Louisville,UF,USCe,Bama,UGA,Vandy,UT, Miss st, and Mizzou

It's the SEC. UK has to expect to get smashed next year at least 3 or 4 times. Teams don't take the gas pedal off.

Speaking of UK Little Cat,
Who all returns for UK and what do you expect?
Any newcomers to look for?
I wish we would have hung on to Khalid Henderson. He had a nice freshman campaign.

No more obnoxious than we are. As a Vol fan, I believe in our coach and team. I think we will do very well. I may doubt it but also wouldn't be surprised if we end up winning the SECeast and going to a bowl of some significance.

Like us, UK fans have had years of losing-more years actually, low esteem, etc. Suddenly like us, they have a coach that has breathed some faith in the program. When you really, truly believe, you don't do so half-heartedly. So if they want to be excited, even unreasonably excited, it's their business. And typically human. We're the same no matter how much we may want to look down our noses at them. Butch hasn't played one SEC game yet. Still, even a doubting Thomas like me thinks that events could converge in a manner that we end up being 9-3 this season. This is too likely a ridiculous assumption or hope, ridiculous. But I think it is very possible. But anything is possible even for Uk fans. Heck man, as a college student I was once hit head on by a car while riding a bicycle. I went over the whole vehicle, slid about 25 feet on asphalt pavement, wearing only shorts and a t-shirt. The bike went under the car and got folded. But I had not a scratch on me as people rushed out trying to get me to stay down on the ground while an ambulance came. Half my skin should have been peeled off me during that slide but I didn't have a scratch or a piece of torn clothing on me. Anything is possible. I still think we beat the crap out of the UK as usual. But I wouldn't dismiss them out of arrogance as so many on this board do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
This could have just as easily been from a vandy radio program. They get one win in years and all of the sudden they are on top of the world.

I live in Northern Kentucky and work in Cincinnati (aka as close as you can get to hell).

We all have our experiences with other SEC fanbases. As a Vol fan mine goes something like this...

Most annoying...UGA
Most unrealistic...Arkansas

After being surrounded by UK fans I have a new category...Stupidest and Most Delusional.

KSR is filled with writers and hosted by gentlemen who haven't the slightest clue regarding football and it shows. The posters claiming the Florida streak was vulnerable were the high points for me. In my opinion the only gimmie game on that schedule is Alabama State.

I live in Northern Kentucky and work in Cincinnati (aka as close as you can get to hell).

We all have our experiences with other SEC fanbases. As a Vol fan mine goes something like this...

Most annoying...UGA

After being surrounded by UK fans I have a new category...Stupidest and Most Delusional.

KSR is filled with writers and hosted by gentlemen who haven't the slightest clue regarding football and it shows. The posters claiming the Florida streak was vulnerable were the high points for me. In my opinion the only gimmie game on that schedule is Alabama State.

I agree with You. Looking at UK's schedule again I think they go 1-11.

Most annoying...UGA

Gotta disagree with a couple of things here.

1. Cincinatti isn't close to alabama.
2. Most annoying...see #1.
3. Most unrealistic is vandy.

Agree with Stupidest and Most Delusional tho...talking football with a uk fan is like talking military strategy with a frenchman.

Speaking of UK Little Cat,
Who all returns for UK and what do you expect?
Any newcomers to look for?
I wish we would have hung on to Khalid Henderson. He had a nice freshman campaign.

We have a couple really good recruits that should make an impact. We have Avery Williamson and Bud Dupree has upperclassmen leaders. We have a lot of options on offense. Specifically, Max Smith (qb) should be interesting to watch. He was injured last year and has showed burst of really high playing level. On special teams, we have a great younger punter in Foster.

Newcomers to watch should be exciting. Za'Darius Smith is a jc player and has great skill at de. Kemp and Timmons are athletes offensively and fun players.

Overall should be interesting to see how the recruiting class mixes with returning talent. We need some playmakers at key positions. WR and RB jobs are wide open. With a good looking 2014 class UK looks on the rise.
I agree with You. Looking at UK's schedule again I think they go 1-11.

Again, to be frank it could happen. WKU isn't an easy game. SEC schedule is brutal. Louisville could bash us. An upset by one ooc opponent and it could happen.

Reactions: 2 people
All of this over what somebody said on a friggin UK radio show? That crap goes on all over the country. Who the hell cares!

VN Store

Back