Kentucky vs #6 Ole Miss

Kentucky had almost 40 minutes in time of possession (out of 60 total) today.

After Ole Miss’s 2:03 long first drive of 83 yards for a TD, the Rebels only gained 270 total yards and scored 10 points over the remaining total 18:14 that they held the ball.

Reactions: feathersax
This was the first team Ole Miss played that wasn’t a cupcake. We just saw what Ole Miss really is.

It’s certainly possible that the rankings and praise got to their heads and they just assumed they could cake walk Kentucky.

I think it’s both, Ole Miss isn’t as good as they thought and they let that belief get to their heads.

Can’t forget that this is college ball anything can happen. Lest you forget that NIU beat Notre Dame this year. Notre Dane certainly is more talented than NIU but they still lost.

Sometimes all it takes is overlooking an opponent
Exactly. It’s extremely unlikely but for all we know Ole Miss doesn’t lose again and wins it all. I don’t see it but it’s 1 game. I can’t definitively name 10 teams better than they are though.

Yeah, I don’t want Kiffin at UF either. It doesn’t matter how bad UF football is, they always get recruits. Kiffin with access to better players could be a problem.
It would be awful if Kiffin goes to UF. Can you imagine a mouthier Spurrier? I wanted him to be successful at OM hoping that he'd be content there. Kiffin as the Gators HC would be bad medicine for everybody. He was limited in what he could do in Oxford, but the brakes are off if he goes to ripe recruiting grounds.

I'm not sure one game will do it, but this might be an indictment of sorts on the heavy portal approach to building a team. The first team they came up against with a pulse punched them in the mouth. Can a team full of players who already bolted from one program stay together if the season begins to go south?

Truth be told, even though UK beat them up at the LOS all day, they still needed a 4th and 7 conversion and a fluke TD to win. Then Ole Miss had the ball well into UK territory and had to settle for a 51 yd FG try. Ole Miss went out of their way to gift this game to Kentucky.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion
I get that but the coaches will never go for a full series.

Again, if Nico takes a lick and goes down a minute, we want him to sit for the rest of the drive, right?
But that's the point right? Protect the players, focus on player health.

Maybe you let them come back if team takes a timeout.

Kiffin's QBs tend to have a high football IQ. He can coach.
Matt Corral was a sure fire Heisman winner when the season started, but didn’t even make the stage after a season with Kiffin. Jackson Dart was the betting favorite coming into the game today, but he won’t make the stage either. If Kiffin’s QB’s have very high football IQ’s, maybe he should get out of their way.

VN Store

Back