Kentucky plays
Vandy
UF
Auburn
UT
Murray St
TX
Louisville

They should beat Murray. They would have to sweep Vandy, UF, and Auburn to get bowl eligible. They'll have a puncher's chance in each of those games, but they aren't getting to 6 wins this season.
Well they got their 3rd win. Murray State should be their 4th.

Given the Governor’s Cup series is so back and forth (with Kentucky seeming to recently beat ranked Louisville teams, even when the Wildcats are unranked), they’ll just need 2 out of Vanderbilt, Florida, Auburn, and Louisville.

(Edit: Actually, I didn’t realize Kentucky had won the last 5 straight against Louisville and 6 of the last 7 when I said all that.)

Reactions: SpookyAction
Darts decision making in end was bad. Last play call to put ball on extreme right hash with distance. They would have been better off running up gut for few more yards. Down goes Lane and Rebels. Now Ky does have a really good D and played soft Zone and Rebels couldn't run it very well to make them bring safties down. In CHRIST Alone

I'm not opposed to holding them out for the series but teams will just use guys that easy subs be it a TE or WR or wherever depth is good.

It also doesn't deal with UT's extra point or FG flop. What rest of the series?

Someone like Kiffin who is obviously mocking the system should be dealt with via fines, but he'd argue correctly that lots of schools do it, including us.
Tennessee extra point thing doesn't really change anything. Huep wants the rule changed and is making a point. Besides no one is faking injuries on offense. They can sub whenever they want.

You can't really do it on defense and have your best team out there for most of an opposing teams drive if a player has to sit the rest of the drive. You might get away with it once a drive. But it won't make sense to hold your best guys out in order to do that often.

Reactions: VolsSince78
Tennessee extra point thing doesn't really change anything. Huep wants the rule changed and is making a point. Besides no one is faking injuries on offense. They can sub whenever they want.

You can't really do it on defense and have your best team out there for most of an opposing teams drive if a player has to sit the rest of the drive. You might get away with it once a drive. But it won't make sense to hold your best guys out in order to do that often.
I doubt any coach really wants a rule where a slightly dinged player is out for a series.

There's not a good solution for us because subbing vs the offense is EXACTLY what the D often wants and can't get without an offensive sub. It's just a matter of sending the right guy down to get your preferred D guy in.

I doubt any coach really wants a rule where a slightly dinged player is out for a series.

There's not a good solution for us because subbing vs the offense is EXACTLY what the D often wants and can't get without an offensive sub. It's just a matter of sending the right guy down to get your preferred D guy in.
Except that means your preferred D guy wasn't in before that. So you were playing the second stringer up to that point. I'm not saying there wouldn't be ways to take advantage. But the opportunities to do so are much smaller and carry a larger risk.

Except that means your preferred D guy wasn't in before that. So you were playing the second stringer up to that point. I'm not saying there wouldn't be ways to take advantage. But the opportunities to do so are much smaller and carry a larger risk.
It varies by down and circumstances on D, just like on O. That the offense controls the subs..... unless there's an injury to a defensive player..... is an easy, if nasty, way to get your nickel in or out or whatever.

It varies by down and circumstances on D, just like on O. That the offense controls the subs..... unless there's an injury to a defensive player..... is an easy, if nasty, way to get your nickel in or out or whatever.
But you can't use the same player to fake the injury every time. So you have to rotate 2nd/3rd stringers to take the dive every time. Offenses will target the sub you constantly have to bring into in the game.

But you can't use the same player to fake the injury every time. So you have to rotate 2nd/3rd stringers to take the dive every time. Offenses will target the sub you constantly have to bring into in the game.
Why not use the same players? There's a limit to how often a player can get a cramp, twist an ankle, get the wind knocked out of them, etc, etc?

That's news to me.

Why not use the same players? There's a limit to how often a player can get a cramp, twist an ankle, get the wind knocked out of them, etc, etc?

That's news to me.

If you make them sit for the rest of the series, yes. That's the whole point.
I get that but the coaches will never go for a full series.

Again, if Nico takes a lick and goes down a minute, we want him to sit for the rest of the drive, right?

VN Store

Back