Kevin McCarthy, did in fact, tell Liz Cheney that he would ask Trump to Resign. (AUDIO)

I can’t stand Rs or Ds. When 1 man has them both pissed off and shaken then he must be doing something right. As flawed as he is, Trump exposed the filth on both sides.

Good grief. He's part of the filth. You guys believing in him as some great exposer of illegal activities has fallen woefully short. He's no different than the rest. He's a con man. He's just not as polished as the career politicians.

Reactions: lostsheep
Trump still living in liberal heads rent free

BB85 has learned the art of diversion. It's kinda sad to see. He has nothing positive on the Biden administration. He can't use go to polling data because even his base is in the dumps about the Biden administration. So he's become an expert in debunking election cheating and occasionally still shows interest in Jan 6 like there's something there.

More breaking news .. Ex president Trump doesn’t matter and I’m sure they will find someone to replace him as speaker . Will it really matter who is speaker as long as Pelosi is done ? The drunken witch is on her last run and everyone should be both happy and ashamed that she was able to keep maneuvering herself back into that role for so many years . We should adopt a law that says any multimillionaire congressman that has trouble keeping the plates in when they talk should be automatically retired . I’m all about solutions .
Genuinely curious:

If he doesn’t matter, how do you explain why every primary candidate is trying to convince voters that their highest aspiration is to be a mole on Trump’s scrotum?

On January 10, 2021, in the aftermath of the January 6th riot at the Capital, Republican House Minority Leader, Kevin McCarthy, told Rep. Liz Cheney in a recorded phone conversation that he would talk to then-President Donald Trump and recommend that Trump resign as the President of the United States.

As recently as yesterday (Thursday April 21st, 2022), House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, flatly denied that this conversation with Rep. Liz Cheney ever took place.

Audio contradicts McCarthy's denial that he considered asking Trump to resign after Capitol riot | CNN Politics

Bombshell New Audio Destroys Kevin McCarthy’s Credibility And Could Damage His Career

New audio undermines McCarthy’s denial over Jan 6 comments - live

McCarthy said he would urge Trump to resign after Jan. 6, new audio reveals

New audio confirms Rep. Kevin McCarthy told House GOP members that he was going to urge Trump to resign following Jan. 6

McCarthy planned to tell Trump to resign after Jan. 6: new audio

What are the ramifications of this, you ask?

This is not a good development for Kevin McCarthy's prospects of becoming the Speaker of the House next January, when the Republican Party takes control of the House of Representatives ... which they definitely will. McCarthy's fate will likely rest with how Donald Trump wants to handle it. My guess is, that this audio recording is not going to sit well with Trump.

EXCELLENT! So when the GOP takes over in January there is no reason to have more closet Rinos. The fact that this was his take means he is certainly not credible to lead.

I hope every single one of these weasels is exposed before then so we can finally have some leadership that is actually America first and geared toward draining the swamp, not expanding it.

Reactions: VolinWayne
Wait, what ? A politician has lied? I am shocked, just stunned and outraged at this new development in politics. This could set a precedent and set the tone for more lying politicians, therefore it must not be allowed to go unpunished, if you let McCarthy be the first politician to lie others will most certainly follow.

Geez ... what a new development and giant nothing burger. If anything, it’ll make him super qualified to be elected POTUS one day by our current low standard voting population.
McCarthy told fellow GOP leaders he was "seriously thinking" about telling Trump to resign after Jan. 6, recording shows - CBS News

The issue with Rep. Kevin McCarthy doesn't have as much to do with dishonesty, as it has to do with his own abject stupidity.

As recently as yesterday, Rep. Kevin McCarthy issued a categorical denial of a New York Times report, which claimed that on January 10, 2021, McCarthy had told Rep. Liz Cheney that he would speak to then-President Donald Trump later on and recommend that Trump resign as the President of the United States.

At first, Rep. McCarthy just referred to the New York Times report as being "totally false and wrong," but he didn't stop there. Later in the day, McCarthy issued an unsolicited statement of denial after The New York Times story had been published, but BEFORE the audio recording had been released to "The Rachel Maddow Show" on MSNBC at 9 pm.

Rep. Kevin McCarthy's denial of the New York Times story :

"It comes as no surprise that the corporate media is obsessed with doing everything it can to further a liberal agenda. This promotional book tour is no different. If the reporters were interested in the truth, why would they ask for a comment AFTER the book was printed?"

-- Rep. Kevin McCarthy (4/21/22)

The answer to the question which Rep. McCarthy posed at the end of his statement is now apparent.

Those New York Times reporters already had verification of their story in the form of an audio recording, which had been supplied to them by the other person on the phone call, Rep. Liz Cheney.

Here is where it gets really stupid for McCarthy :

The New York Times reporters told him months ago that they had an audio recording of his phone call with Liz Cheney, and that they wanted him to contribute to the book they were writing about the events of January 6, 2021 and its aftermath in American politics.

Apparently, Rep. McCarthy thought they were bluffing about having a copy of the recording ... but why wouldn't they have a copy of the recording? The other person on the call, Rep. Liz Cheney, is not just cooperating with the January 6th Commission ... SHE IS A FREAKING MEMBER OF IT!

Doesn't it make sense that she would have given those reporters a copy of that recorded phone call?!?!?

It is rare to see this depth of stupidity, even from a politician.

If Trump didn't matter, why would candidates seek and then flaunt his endorsement?
We all know the answer to that one.

It’s not Trump , it’s the idea and energy that Trump brought that they want . The left can’t let Trump go , you guys have made him a damn folk hero , it’s the craziest thing I’ve ever seen . Non stop 24/7 Trump from CNN specifically , got Trump elected . Trump
Is was and forever will be a one term POTUS, how much influence the Trump brand carries depends a lot on how outraged the left stays about him . He will never go away as long as he’s a thorn in the lefts side , you guys spent 4 years pissing him off , and you are still trying to catch him riddin dirty . Just let him go . 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Genuinely curious:

If he doesn’t matter, how do you explain why every primary candidate is trying to convince voters that their highest aspiration is to be a mole on Trump’s scrotum?

See my last post

He only lives in the heads of anyone who would seek his endorsement or view his endorsement as a positive.

But it's not rent free......those people pay dearly.

No they won’t , and I hope you guys on the left have a better plan for midterms than to try and blame Trump for the current state of affairs … it will be a blood bath if that’s all you got .

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
It’s not Trump , it’s the idea and energy that Trump brought that they want . The left can’t let Trump go , you guys have made him a damn folk hero , it’s the craziest thing I’ve ever seen . Non stop 24/7 Trump from CNN specifically , got Trump elected . Trump
Is was and forever will be a one term POTUS, how much influence the Trump brand Carrie’s depends a lot on how outraged the left stays about him . He will never go away as long as he’s a thorn in the lefts side , you guys spent 4 years pissing him off , and you are still trying to catch him riddin dirty . Just let him go . 🤷‍♂️
What????
Trump doesn't matter but his endorsement does? Hard to argue with that logic.

Is was and forever will be a one term POTUS, how much influence the Trump brand Carrie’s depends a lot on how outraged the left stays about him . He will never go away as long as he’s a thorn in the lefts side , you guys spent 4 years pissing him off , and you are still trying to catch him riddin dirty . Just let him go . 🤷‍♂️
I don’t buy all of this. No, actually I think you’re mostly right.

The idea that liberal outrage fuels Trump’s popularity is spot on. Own the libs is the only guide post for the party and it’s base, at this point. Trump still does this better than anybody.

The idea that it’s just Trump’s energy is what I generally disagreed with, but I think that’s a matter of perspective. There are a lot of obsequious candidates like Josh Mandel who have spent a lot of time sucking up to Trump while simultaneously trying to throw out inflammatory rhetoric. So he still matters to some candidates.

But that’s largely a political miscalculation on the part of some candidates. From the perspective of voters, not every Trump endorsement matters and the most popular political figures, other than Trump, are people like DeSantis who don’t spend a lot of time talking about Trump but who do a good job of owning the libs.

There is still a faction within the Republican Party’s base that is still all Trump, all the time. You can see that in posts here. But I think you’re right that that group is shrinking. I still think he would roll DeSantis in a primary and DeSantis is the closest one to him. But I could definitely be wrong.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
Breaking news ... Donald Trump is a thin-skinned, petty and vindictive person. He won't like this audio recording one damn bit. Trump will want pay back for this, and he will rally his allies in the House (and there are plenty of Trump fan boys in the House of Reps.) against McCarthy's bid to be the next Speaker.

Rep. Kevin McCarthy just lost Speaker of the House.

I hope so. He would be as worthless a speaker as that Eddie Munster looking fella that flopped around for 2 years.

So he's become an expert in debunking election cheating and occasionally still shows interest in Jan 6 like there's something there.
On January 10th, the Republican Party House Minority Leader, thought that Donald Trump should resign as the President of the United States (until Kevin McCarthy checked his party's internal polling of the Republican base of support) over his role in the events of January 6th .... but yeah, there was never anything there.

Last edited:
Like many Republican politicians who were appalled by Trump, as it occurred he knew what a menace Trump is and that he needed to go.

And then the base showed up and they knew they'd be marginalized themselves if they stuck to principle. McCarthy, Graham, etc. Weak, sniveling toadies.
Republican politicians are not guided by principles. They are guided by internal polling of the party's base.

VN Store

Back