Keystone Pipeline - a red line?

And I forgot the refineries that will process the material. The contractors who maintain the refineries and all of the other outside contractors that keep refineries running.

Great points. Couldn't that be said about alot of things though? What about all the hospitals closing in rural Tennessee? Couldn't we make sure those stayed open and provided jobs?

Great points. Couldn't that be said about alot of things though? What about all the hospitals closing in rural Tennessee? Couldn't we make sure those stayed open and provided jobs?

They wouldn't be closing if they were profitable.

Reactions: 1 person

The point of a business is to make money not just provide jobs.

And I forgot the refineries that will process the material. The contractors who maintain the refineries and all of the other outside contractors that keep refineries running.

Correct me if I am wrong (and I have been out of country and not fully focused on this whole argument) but all this is is a larger capacity pipeline and a shorter distance than the existing one. The oil is already making it down south correct? And refineries, etc. already exist as well. Unless the US government is approving expansion of new refineries with this all I see is just building a wider capacity pipe for oil that may not be traveling through it depending on the price of oil - if this oil costs too much to pump, they stop and cap them. Again, correct me if I am wrong.

Correct me if I am wrong (and I have been out of country and not fully focused on this whole argument) but all this is is a larger capacity pipeline and a shorter distance than the existing one. The oil is already making it down south correct? And refineries, etc. already exist as well. Unless the US government is approving expansion of new refineries with this all I see is just building a wider capacity pipe for oil that may not be traveling through it depending on the price of oil - if this oil costs too much to pump, they stop and cap them. Again, correct me if I am wrong.

The majority of this oil is being transported by rail now. To my knowledge only 1 refinery in the gulf coast are is planning a major expansion.

They will expand capacity. In addition a pipeline charges pennies per barrel to ship vs multiple dollars for rail. Rail cars are also open air loaded/unloaded which causes air quality issues.

Democratis believe that all profits is the govt's money to fund worthless programs

Seems that way. And taxes. It sickens me that because I work hard at a real job I have to pay even more taxes while what's her face waitressing at Waffle House part times has 4 kids and gets $10k free money to live it up a couple months.

Last edited:
Did any of you guys see the train derailment and explosion in West Va yesterday.... Said it was hauling crude from the Bakken fields..... The news story I saw pointed out two additional derailments with explosions as well..... One was in ND and I can't recall the other location.

What did we all get from solyndra and other failed stimulus fiascos?

Oh you're batting a 1000% in life decisions? I'm sure we wouldn't find a single failure on your record if you were president.

Well it didnt taint anyone's water for starters....So

Oh you're batting a 1000% in life decisions? I'm sure we wouldn't find a single failure on your record if you were president.

Well it didnt taint anyone's water for starters....So

He's batting .005% so yeah, I could do better than him.

How is it gonna taint waters? Besides, got create all these new jobs for all these immigrants coming illegally.

VN Store

Back