Keystone Pipeline - a red line?

I'm assuming the answer is no. What's your point?

Just wondering if you or perhaps a family member were getting shafted by this evil Canadian company.

I mean, you're pretty emotional about all this. I'm almost expecting the electronic version of you stamping your feet if/when this gets approved.

Reactions: 1 person
Just wondering if you or perhaps a family member were getting shafted by this evil Canadian company.

I mean, you're pretty emotional about all this. I'm almost expecting the electronic version of you stamping your feet if/when this gets approved.

I'm not emotional at all. But any citizen should be concerned when so many Americans are forced to give up their land, especially when it will only create a handful of jobs.

They will get thousands of $$s per acre and still be able to farm it. The pipeline will eventually be removed. Everyone has seen a pipeline ROW. They are no big deal at all

They will get thousands of $$s per acre and still be able to farm it. The pipeline will eventually be removed. Everyone has seen a pipeline ROW. They are no big deal at all

That doesn't jive with the very unbiased reporting of ClimateProgress.com

When will the pipeline be removed?

Does it matter? The property owners likely were given a very generous offer or could have held out for more (don't link your absurd stories about the fifty dollars or whatever again, I don't want you to go to the trouble) had they been smart about it. Plus with the guarantee that if a spill was to occur they would be very generously compensated for any damage that was caused. Those generally are standard form contracts and more often than not lean towards the property owner if they push the issue.

So the holdouts in this matter could have and likely would have gotten some serious money in the long run for something that would never have been noticed.

My dad has a NG pipeline crossing a portion of his property. They worked with him, paid(pays) for the ROW and he hasn't had any troubles.

OMG No! Doesn't he know what ecological disasters are lurking?!?!?!?!?! Doesn't he know he was taken advantage of by the system?!?!?!?!?!

OMG No! Doesn't he know what ecological disasters are lurking?!?!?!?!?! Doesn't he know he was taken advantage of by the system?!?!?!?!?!

Doesn't seem to mind.

Heck if a cell phone company wanted to put a tower out there he'd be all for it.

Good money in cell towers these days.

Yep.

Utility type companies are generally quick to make the landowner happy. When I was a teenager we had a helicopter that was spraying the power lines crash land in a pasture. They gave my dad something like 5Gs for the damage.

My dad has a NG pipeline crossing a portion of his property. They worked with him, paid(pays) for the ROW and he hasn't had any troubles.

it's amazing how free market economics work. Everyone works towards a mutually agreeable benefit. Lefties are still puzzled by this concept.

@thehill: BREAKING: Senate approves #KeystoneXL pipeline, 62-36

Rubio didn't vote, he would've made it 63. 4 shy of veto proof

VN Store

Back