Kiffin Class: And Then There Were Three

I think Kiffin can coach QBs and possibly run a offense..b/c he definitely made Crompton better..what he can't do is lead a program..just not enough maturity

I'll agree with that. He would make a fine coordinator for somebody but has no business running a program. X and O wise, yes, he knows his stuff.

listen to kiffie tell it...he left us much better than he found us. thats why people were upset when he left. he's proud they weren't cheering. shows he was doing the right things. no seriously, usc will eventually figure out what they have. the biggest kind of b****known to mankind.

I think the writing is on the wall already.

i don't mean to defend lane here, but he signed the 2009 recruiting class.

so, the only guys who should still be around are 5th year seniors. there generally aren't a lot of 5th year guys on most squads.

now, the guy to blame is phil fulmer. he signed his last class in 2008 and is clearly responsible for the current state of the program

jmo

Very true, but there were too many misevaluations in the 09 class and his lone year here he ran off numerous players and killed our depth after he bolted.

A lot of talent left because of Dooley from Kiffin's signees. Juwan James was a Kiffin signee. He is still on the team and a probable high draft pick.

Star gazers and rank skanks, gotta love em'.

Alabama had the #2 ranked class in 2009.

Notable prospects:

Trent Richardson
D.J. Fluker
A.J. McCarron
Dre Kirkpatrick
Chance Warmack
Eddie Lacy
Quinton Dial
Rico Johnson.

All 4-5 star prospects. Only an idiot thinks rankings don't matter to some degree. Obviously sometimes a prospect doesn't cut it, but go win the SEC with a team of 2* star prospects. It would have been smarter (and obviously correct) to say that Kiffin & Dooley don't know s*** about developing high school players, despite having a huge head start. I would rather have guys that the general consensus believes are talented, ya know, since they more often than not, aren't wrong.

Reactions: 2 people
I thought so too..but Haden said that he was not even considering making a change..now that could be for stability and recruiting..but he seemed to go so far that it would look badly on him if he fired him after this year

USC AD Pat Haden: Lane Kiffin 'is not' on the hot seat - CBSSports.com

I have heard Athletic Directors say that a coachs job is in good standing, but the next week, he fires that coach. What Haden says, does not matter. Don't use what Haden said to allow you to think Kiffen was in good shape.
I bet that if Jack Del Rio acted like he were interested in a USC job, then Haden would fire Kiffen and hire Del Rio.

All of these coachs and athletic directors lie. Do you remember, " I am the head coach of the Miami Dolphins and I love my job here. I have no intentions of being the head coach of the University of Alabama"

Do you remember, " I am the head coach of the Atlanta Falcons, and I intend on staying here and riding this thing out"

Reactions: 1 person
I'll agree with that. He would make a fine coordinator for somebody but has no business running a program. X and O wise, yes, he knows his stuff.

You make a good point. He is a good coordinator and QB coach but I don't think he is head coach material. I believe his days at USC are numbered.

Alabama had the #2 ranked class in 2009.

Notable prospects:

Trent Richardson
D.J. Fluker
A.J. McCarron
Dre Kirkpatrick
Chance Warmack
Eddie Lacy
Quinton Dial
Rico Johnson.

All 4-5 star prospects. Only an idiot thinks rankings don't matter to some degree. Obviously sometimes a prospect doesn't cut it, but go win the SEC with a team of 2* star prospects. It would have been smarter (and obviously correct) to say that Kiffin & Dooley don't know s*** about developing high school players, despite having a huge head start. I would rather have guys that the general consensus believes are talented, ya know, since they more often than not, aren't wrong.

Jmo, no offense to the gazers out there. Gaze on.

Last edited:
I thought so too..but Haden said that he was not even considering making a change..now that could be for stability and recruiting..but he seemed to go so far that it would look badly on him if he fired him after this year

USC AD Pat Haden: Lane Kiffin 'is not' on the hot seat - CBSSports.com

"but Haden said"? Neighbor, what Pat Haden said was purely what I like to call "AD speak". He can say Kiffin is not on the hot seat all he wants. If the Trojan's season goes south again, he will, on one bright and shiny Southern California Monday morning in the near future, be holding a press conference similar to the one Dave Hart made. There will be statements like, "change in direction for our football program." Even if Kiffin shattered many breakable objects and threw a tantrum, he "accepted the decision with dignity, and his greatest concern is for the players." He will name an interm head coach among the assistants if the season isn't over, and discuss how he will handle the search. And once the press conference is on YouTube, we will be playing it, and comparing it to Hart's presser about Dooley.

Bottom line: Haden will support him, until he can't. That is what athletic directors do. The only question is how many losses Haden and the USC boosters will tolerate. His seat is hotter right now than Dooley's was this time last year. Scalding hot!

I hope this doesn't happen. I just want to be able to sit with a bunch of other rabid Vol fans at a sports bar in the near future, and watch as Kiffy and his Trojans face and get humiliated by Butch Jones and our own Tennessee Volunteers.

And before anyone tells me to move on, friends, I have. However, if anyone out there doesn't hope for that day in their heart of hearts to come, are you really a true Vols fan? Let's be honest, WE WANT THAT. PERIOD.

Question. When Kiffin left a couple recruits defected. I know the WR who went to USC didn't pan out, but what about the DT from the Lacy Pearl Earps fiasco or any others there might be.

Question. When Kiffin left a couple recruits defected. I know the WR who went to USC didn't pan out, but what about the DT from the Lacy Pearl Earps fiasco or any others there might be.

Was the receiver Patrick Turner? I thought he did OK and was drafted. Corey Miller and Brandon Willis were the two in the photo with Lacy..Brandon went to UNC and then transferred to UCLA..he recorded 5 tackles last year
Brandon Willis Stats, News, Videos, Pictures, Bio - UCLA Bruins - ESPN

so, the only guys who should still be around are 5th year seniors. there generally aren't a lot of 5th year guys on most squads.

now, the guy to blame is phil fulmer. he signed his last class in 2008 and is clearly responsible for the current state of the program

jmo

Well, gator, I agree to a point. However, at moment, NONE of Fulmer's recruits are still with the program.

The decline did start under Fulmer for 2 reasons. First of all, Fulmer was only good as long as he had David Cutcliffe as his OC. Many of Tennessee's better offensive recruits before 98 were brought in by him. When Ole Miss fired him, Fulmer jumped all over himself getting him back. While he was back, Eric Ainge had his best season. And when Duke offered Cut a second chance to be a head coach, we know what happened after that.

The second reason was discipline problems. Too many key players having off the field incidents. No matter how hard the remaining players tried, the distractions and being short those key players cost Tennessee wins, and led to his firing. I am sure some will disagree, but I would urge them to do the research.

I just hope that sad history does not repeat itself. Go Vols, and the hell with Florida.

Betcha USC starts having Grumors very very soon ....

Maybe. However, I doubt Gruden will ever coach again. I heard is making too much money as a broadcaster. Don't know for sure what he makes a year, but his work hours would at least triple.

However, if he irritates the ESPN brass somehow, and needed to coach again to have a job, it is possible, I guess. Just don't see it happening.

jmo

sorry this is idiotic.. 2007 we are playing for the SEC championship. Has one of the best records as a coach in CFB history. a NC ring, and is in the HOF.

We have not had a single decent season since he was fired, and people seriously still try to defend the decision to fire him.

Or like this joker try to blame our current situation on him.

This has to be the definition of insanity.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't get it why a lot of people have as much dislike for Dooley as Kiffin, at least Dooley tried and gave it his best to turn Tennessee around, Kiffin embarrassed our program and took a huge dump on us.

I have no problem with Dooley, he just wasn't cut out to be an SEC head coach, Kiffin on the other hand, I have a strong dislike for that dude.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back