Kiffin to Florida?

Will Kiffin be FL's next coach?

• Total voters
Agree, I said in another thread if UF wants Lane, they have to wait another year until his daughter graduates in 2026.

Timing don’t match for a Lane hiring if they fire sunbelt Billy this year…

That is one of the most convincing arguments I have read. And I also agree that he’s not going to let this season slip away when he has a real shot to make the semifinals or finals this year.

If they do fire Billy Boy, maybe Spurrier steps in to stabilize some things until the next head coach. He’s still getting played as an ambassador of UF, I believe.

Reactions: gnm53108
Danny’s not dumb enough to take the job with his potential boss being in limbo.

This is multi-level dysfunction we’re talking about folks.
Yeah, that was mostly humor. I think Danny White likes his situation in Knoxville and UT will see to it he gets what he needs.

Condolences, my man. You've always seemed like a good guy and we've been there.

UF Isn't a good job anymore, the athletic department and president's office is a complete Train wreck, NIL is sputtering, loudness from current players parents creating more drama. The entire program is like a nightmare on elm street movie with Freddie and Jason.

Considering the situation at UF right now and what's down the road for them, my guess is they'll make a decent hire from a smaller school, with a staff that can work the portal and recruit in their favor. This upcoming class may be down compared to UF standards, but they'll recover quickly by offering immediate PT.

UF Isn't a good job anymore, the athletic department and president's office is a complete Train wreck, NIL is sputtering, loudness from current players parents creating more drama. The entire program is like a nightmare on elm street movie with Freddie and Jason.
Not bad enough for them to hire Dooley or Beldar

They said the same thing about us for years, Alabama before they hired Saban, etc.

No school, especially a school like UF that has resources and historical success, is as far away from returning to prominence as it might seem in the moment. Especially in the Portal era.

If it’s one lesson I’ve learned after our string of bad coaches is that the first thing you need is a good AD. Letting bad AD after bad AD pick our coaches just continued the blood letting.

Ya’ll should poach a good AD before you fire Billy. I’m 100% serious
Words of wisdom. Let's hope Florida isn't wise enough to heed them.

As bad as Florida has been, I just have a hard time enjoying it as a Vols fan because all I can think of is that we have beaten them twice since I went to school at UT (02-05). Granted we were 2-2 when I was in school. Only 5 wins over Florida since 2000...

If we were in Georgia's spot were we were beating UF every year in blow outs, I would probably feel good about it.

I want Tennessee to start doing that. UF, Georgia, and Alabama have all enjoyed just decades of dominating us on the field, I want to have a decade where we dominate them for a change. Even in the 1990s, we couldn't beat Florida.

Reactions: NM4VOLS and DC_Vol
This is getting interesting. I think UF must get rid of the AD first. This is all a matter of timing. Get rid of the AD during football season?! The new AD must then turn around and quickly hire a new head coach as they are learning how "Florida" does things or shaking things up. Sounds like a pretty difficult job and loaded with danger.

Napier was 40 - 12 at Louisiana, but that includes his first-season record of 7 - 7. He went 11 - 3, 10 - 1 (COVID), and 12 - 1 in his last three years. How does someone who is that successful fail at Florida? It has to be dysfunction in the AD office.

Reactions: tbh and McDad
Now I could absolutely see him jump ship for LSU, should that job come open.
I think the culture there is an easier fit for Kiffin. He doesn't seem like an outlier there. Easier to recruit to Baton Rouge than Gainesville these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carp
She is a junior this year I believe so she will not graduate until May 2026.

I don’t see Lane leaving until then….
Let's be real. Lane can buy his daughter off if he has to. She'll be wearing UF colors before sunset if he is hired, and probably driving a G Wagon in her favorite color.

Last edited:
Article in today's Knoxville News Sentinel states that the Napier buyout money has already been collected.

That's the rumor.

You have to think the wheels are in motion on Kiffin, or someone else, so as to reassure Lagway, recruits, and possible portal players coming up.

This season is done. Sadly, even as it began. Focus is on the future.

First, I don't think Golesh has the juice yet to get a HC job in the SEC. Yet.

Seeing a solid "Heupel tree" of successful coaches starting..... reminds me..... it's on the tip of my tongue..... of another coach.

It's good for Tennessee.
Of course with the dumpster fire that Tennessee was people said the same thing about the CJH hire.

if I was UF, I would hire Golesh in a heart beat on a reasonable salary(5-6m) for five year contract which would make for reasonable buyout and It would be a contract packed with ridiculous incentive payouts….Win win….

Danny’s not dumb enough to take the job with his potential boss being in limbo.

This is multi-level dysfunction we’re talking about folks.
Agree with you on multi level.

People keep mentioning Danny but it is multi level. Right now you have levels lined up rowing in sync in same direction at UT,,,,DW>Donde>Randy Boyd>State of Tennessee. The level of support all rowing in sync is amazing right now…Hopefully no one’s ego gets out of wack.

VN Store

Back