Kim Jong Un Near Death?

Yeah I honestly had no idea. I was just pointing to the food. And not to jump on you sorry please don’t take it that way. But it’s something I’ve learned in the 30+ years living in TX. I actually prefer what we would call Tex Mex but there is some great regional authentic Mexican fare too. I brought this topic up and somebody else pointed the Chinese food out to me too, I wasn’t aware but wasn’t shocked based on the Mexican food confusion.

Trust me, I took no offense. I'm not that way. I was just adding to my point.

To your point, what is authentic Mexican fare?

Again as someone who knows about US healthcare, I can assure you that you are parroting talking points not facts. The US doesn’t “fail” except for people’s choices (poor diet, high alcohol and drug abuse, obesity, smoking, diversity, high mental illness and psych med use). These factors plus the sheer number of people on average make some categories “lower” in rankings but in reality no healthcare in the world is as advanced or as great

The US fails because our healthcare system is driven by a force that directly conflicts with what’s best for the patient and places healthcare employees in ethical dilemmas on a regular basis. Over 500,000 Americans per year go bankrupt just because they get sick.

You worked your whole life to build that 401k? Sorry, you have cancer now and your choice is paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for treatment or you die.

Your doctor thinks there is one medication that best treats your condition but sorry your insurance doesn’t cover it so you’re stuck with a different drug.

Trust me, I took no offense. I'm not that way. I was just adding to my point.

To your point, what is authentic Mexican fare?
It’s more than just tacos, enchiladas, burritos and retried beans. Most of those presentations are the Tex Mex.

Corn and corn meal, beans, and chilies are prominent. That’s a big part of their agriculture. It’s spicy for sure but not heat for the sake of heat if that makes sense. Fajitas are pretty much a Texas fare but they are good. Don’t forget there are many coastal regions and the seafood is too often overlooked. There is an “authentic Mexico City” (their billing) restaurant in Dallas called Javier’s that we like to treat ourselves to and my favorite dish on their menu is their presentation of Chilean Sea Bass. It’s just flavorful with a good deal of spice, but not blister your mouth hot for no good reason if that makes sense. Various chilies, cilantro, etc...

Edit: here’s a link to many dishes which are Tex Mex in origin and not authentic

11 'Mexican' Foods You Won’t Find in Mexico

Last edited:
The US fails because our healthcare system is driven by a force that directly conflicts with what’s best for the patient and places healthcare employees in ethical dilemmas on a regular basis. Over 500,000 Americans per year go bankrupt just because they get sick.

You worked your whole life to build that 401k? Sorry, you have cancer now and your choice is paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for treatment or you die.

Your doctor thinks there is one medication that best treats your condition but sorry your insurance doesn’t cover it so you’re stuck with a different drug.

Do You believe a government ran health care system would be better and provide the care patients needed ?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Do You believe a government ran health care system would be better and provide the care patients needed ?
As usual he just went off on his own tangent and ignored the quality of the care which was the topic and started screeching on cost and payment means which is a totally separate discussion.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
He is a rent a doc. Not a private practice doctor. His opinion is blurred because he is part of the system. He is as useful as a football bat. I have seen plenty of his kind. He is part of the problem.

"Get sick". The leading cause of death is the most preventable. Government run healthcare isn't going to change that.

I've used private and government run healthcare. One thing I always noticed, my private doctor never had to pick up a book and look through conditions to diagnose something...

That being said, government run health care will just keep a small percentage of Americans from losing all their money. Thats all.

Reactions: LouderVol
Can we track cheese imports to NK, that could be the indicator of rocket boys demise.

working-from-home-air-quotes-dr-evil-austin-powers.jpg

It’s more than just tacos, enchiladas, burritos and retried beans. Most of those presentations are the Tex Mex.

Corn and corn meal, beans, and chilies are prominent. That’s a big part of their agriculture. It’s spicy for sure but not heat for the sake of heat if that makes sense. Fajitas are pretty much a Texas fare but they are good. Don’t forget there are many coastal regions and the seafood is too often overlooked. There is an “authentic Mexico City” (their billing) restaurant in Dallas called Javier’s that we like to treat ourselves to and my favorite dish on their menu is their presentation of Chilean Sea Bass. It’s just flavorful with a good deal of spice, but not blister your mouth hot for no good reason if that makes sense. Various chilies, cilantro, etc...

Edit: here’s a link to many dishes which are Tex Mex in origin and not authentic

11 'Mexican' Foods You Won’t Find in Mexico
My entire life has been a lie!

VN Store

Back