Knoxville Mayor attends Drag Queen Christmas

I can just about guarantee that the folks complaining the loudest in this thread have never seen a drag show, but have still anointed themselves of what’s appropriate for others. Typical ignorant behavior from the far right moral minority.

Reactions: NashVol11
Have you been to a Broadway play? Content can be judged, ya big dummy.

Just admit your big gripe is that it’s a bunch gay/queer/trans folks connecting with an audience and you have this irrational fear that they’re contagious conditions.

You mean a play where everyone knows what is going to happen. Quit being such a coward.

What is the plot, storyline, script to this drag show?

What does the rating have to do with anything, lol?

Really? It doesn’t have one. So why compare it to something that does. This is a sex themed adult performance. Why would someone assume to compare it to a recorded event that has been given a rating by a governing body.

Reactions: davethevol
Really? It doesn’t have one. So why compare it to something that does. This is a sex themed adult performance. Why would someone assume to compare it to a recorded event that has been given a rating by a governing body.

Because the existence of a rating system does nothing to eliminate the problem.

Let me break it down for you....your problem is that inappropriate content is being seen by children.

The point is that despite a standardized (but subjective) rating scale, inappropriate content in movies is shown to kids all the time....in much greater numbers than drag shows. Cool that they can claim a rating system, but the problem is still much bigger than 20 Knoxville area kids seeing the fakest boobs ever in a glass box.

Just admit your big gripe is that it’s a bunch gay/queer/trans folks connecting with an audience and you have this irrational fear that they’re contagious conditions.

Boom, you just killed your own "R rated movie" comparison. Movies don't converse with the audience, and I posted video showing the performers talking directly with children... asking a little boy if he is confused yet, suggesting they could grow up to be like them, and accepting monetary tips.

That happen in a lot of movies?

Dude, walk it back and admit this is a sick venture.

I can just about guarantee that the folks complaining the loudest in this thread have never seen a drag show, but have still anointed themselves of what’s appropriate for others. Typical ignorant behavior from the far right moral minority.
From the pics and videos I have provided, this was not your average drag show. I have seen several back in my glory years, and they were almost entirely tame and funny. No simulated sex acts, orgies, or nudity.

Reactions: Wireless1
Boom, you just killed your own "R rated movie" comparison. Movies don't converse with the audience, and I posted video showing the performers talking directly with children... asking a little boy if he is confused yet, suggesting they could grow up to be like them, and accepting monetary tips.

WTH?

As a policymaker, interaction doesn't necessarily make it worse or better.

My concern is with the nanny state. How do you write a law that bans kids from live performances where there is potentially inappropriate content (without over-banning them) but allow them to see pre-recorded inappropriate content? How is that law written? What does it look like in practice. Why is it better that we consume pre-recorded "filth"?

Reactions: EasternVol
No that isn’t logical at all. This is an adult sex themed show. Comparing it to a football game or an elementary school play would take the work of imbeciles.

“Sex themed” lol it’s Christmas themed if anything but keep trembling in the corner

Because the existence of a rating system does nothing to eliminate the problem.

Let me break it down for you....your problem is that inappropriate content is being seen by children.

The point is that despite a standardized (but subjective) rating scale, inappropriate content in movies is shown to kids all the time....in much greater numbers than drag shows. Cool that they can claim a rating system, but the problem is still much bigger than 20 Knoxville area kids seeing the fakest boobs ever in a glass box.

My problem is perverts wanting to interact with children and anyone that supports them doing it.

A live adult sex themed show where people can ad lib and interact with the audience does not make a good comparison to a movie.

Reactions: davethevol

Point after point he has taken, have been taken down. Many by you, with actual proof. He just moves on to some other ridiculous point.

At some point you have to realize people aren’t making mistakes, this is just who they are, as sad as that is.

As a policymaker, interaction doesn't necessarily make it worse or better.

My concern is with the nanny state. How do you write a law that bans kids from live performances where there is potentially inappropriate content (without over-banning them) but allow them to see pre-recorded inappropriate content? How is that law written? What does it look like in practice. Why is it better that we consume pre-recorded "filth"?
This is a major concern....I'm totally against a nanny state.. especially with the raising of our own children. My concern lies with the trajectory we are headed. Unfortunately pedophilia is more normalized now then even in history. We as a country were sickened by the other countries treatment of children...marriage workforce etc...and with the exception of working..

My problem is perverts wanting to interact with children and anyone that supports them doing it.

A live adult sex themed show where people can ad lib and interact with the audience does not make a good comparison to a movie.

Which movie? Eyes Wide Shut? Requiem for a Dream? Filth? I'd rather my kids see a typical drag show.

Are you pushing for nanny state policy or just complaining about the world?

Reactions: NashVol11
Which movie? Eyes Wide Shut? Requiem for a Dream? Filth? I'd rather my kids see a typical drag show.

My kids would see none of them. There is no “rather”.

Are you pushing for kids to interact with perverts or ….oh nevermind, there is no “or”.

How many drag shows have you attended that ask children if they are confused yet? Or include simulated kinky sex acts?

The old saying: Two wrongs don't make a right. Obviously, you are equating the three (3) actions to be equal (i.e. equally wrong).

Essentially, you're talking about intentions (you seem to know the intentions of the 2 groups you listed << where, others are trying to understand the intention of the Subject show).

What is the intention of the 3 shows ? E.G. what is each group intending to promote (i.e. what is the true nature behind each show) ?

E.G. Beauty ?

It seems (in general) that the 2 groups you ^ listed ^ already have natural beauty ; but, the Subject show is portraying unnatural beauty.

So, essentially you are seemingly supporting something that is unnatural (where, regarding the other 2 shows, you have every right to go to them and personally tell them how or where they need to change).

Drawing a line between parading children around in makeup as “natural” and drag queens as “unnatural” shows what this is really about, which has nothing whatsoever to do with “protecting children”

The Fight Over Kids at Drag Shows Is a Classic Moral Panic
Claiming that drag shows are different is a subjective evaluation based on how a person feels about exposure to drag performances. It is an attempt to force one group of people's parental choices on the collective. And the mindless tossing around of the word "groomer" is just an epithet designed to shut down opposition on the belief that nobody wants to be accused of supporting child sexual abuse. It's a reminder of back during the 1970s through the 1990s when anybody who was not heterosexual was regularly accused of trying to recruit kids. Moral panics about gay people interacting with children are hardly new.

Last edited:
Drawing a line between parading children around in makeup as “natural” and drag queens as “unnatural” shows what this is really about, which has nothing whatsoever to do with “protecting children”
Children pageants are disgusting as well....this is where the the sexual explotation of children started...the came sexualized kids shows and entertainment...now drag shows showing sex act to children...as pedophilia become evenore normalized

My kids would see none of them. There is no “rather”.

Are you pushing for kids to interact with perverts or ….oh nevermind, there is no “or”.

You’re not pushing for criminal charges against movie theaters that allow children to see r rated movies with their parents.

You’re not pushing for criminal charges against movie theaters that allow children to see r rated movies with their parents.
Precedent was set in cheesman vs multiplex that the theater can't be held responsible even if the child is unaccompanied....and other lawsuit have determined that theaters can not allow children into r rated movies at their discretion

VN Store

Back