Knoxville Mayor attends Drag Queen Christmas

Meh.

I am more worried about all the Karen's getting into other people's business.

So are most drag queens. What's your point?

But are they really? by what definition of "good"? not kind, polite, honest, or any other number of superlatives you might try to ascribe to someone or a group but specifically the term "good".

Because while the predilections of the few do indeed shine large, I think in general very few people would recognize both priests and drag queens as remotely similar in goodness, especially as a group.

But are they really? by what definition of "good"? not kind, polite, honest, or any other number of superlatives you might try to ascribe to someone or a group but specifically the term "good".

Because while the predilections of the few do indeed shine large, I think in general very few people would recognize both priests and drag queens as remotely similar in goodness, especially as a group.

It's purely subjective.

The transgressions of the Catholic clergy are no secret to anyone. I don't think it's fair to paint the whole religion with it.

Drag queens are, more often than not, the subject of pearl clutching for religious groups.

Being a nightlifer for nearly half of my existence, I've known several drag queens. Hell, I have a monthly event at my bar where my guests get to sing duets with them. Huge hit. Can't think of a single one I've known that I would describe as "bad." They're generally benevolent, kind, accepting, gracious, and resilient. Shoot, they have to be. Look at how many different groups of people sh*t on them on a daily basis.

Likewise, I've known a few priests. Can't say I'd describe any of them as "bad" either. I have several Catholic friends. Wouldn't even think to label them as supporters of sexual deviance.

My personal sample sizes favor one group, but I suppose I'm one of your few who wouldn't label either group as "bad."

It was. Just not finding much humor in the sexualization of children. This thread topic, not his comment.

I don't think anyone here does. I'm still trying to figure how this drag show sexualized children.

I'm totally against sexualizing children. We read about these drag reading groups, and a few books addressing sexuality to 7 year olds, but I'd bet the farm that the number of those instances is easily dwarfed by the child pageantry circuit. No one ever talks about it on here.

I don't think anyone here does. I'm still trying to figure how this drag show sexualized children.

I'm totally against sexualizing children. We read about these drag reading groups, and a few books addressing sexuality to 7 year olds, but I'd bet the farm that the number of those instances is easily dwarfed by the child pageantry circuit. No one ever talks about it on here.

How many years has this drag show been happening? Many I assume. Along with other drag events in Knoxville. I don’t think anyone in here has started any threads about adults doing adult things at adult places with only other adults. I believe the issue here is this show became an all ages show? Is that correct? If so, that is effed up and deserves harsh criticism.

I think child pageants are disgusting also and think those moms are mentally off.

How many years has this drag show been happening? Many I assume. Along with other drag events in Knoxville. I don’t think anyone in here has started any threads about adults doing adult things at adult places with only other adults. I believe the issue here is this show became an all ages show? Is that correct? If so, that is effed up and deserves harsh criticism.

I think child pageants are disgusting also and think those moms are mentally off.
My tolerance definitely ends short of perverts displaying their sexual deviations to young children.

Do we have any evidence that there were children in that theater? All we have to go on is Kincannon's selfie, and I didn't see any children at first glance. There was no nudity in the show. If that's the case, then why do we feel compelled to censor and tell a theater how to run their business?

For the sake of consistency, where's the line drawn? Do we justify a protest for taking your 9 year old to go see Transformers where Megan Fox is sexualized for pretty much every bit of her screen time?

FTR, if I had children, I wouldn't take them to that show. Not because I think it will imprint sexual deviance on their formative mind, but moreso because there's nothing in a production like that for a child to appreciate. The jokes and subject matter wouldn't register. Wouldn't take them to a Chomsky lecture for the same reason.

Very few children at the show. Local advertisement did not use the Family Friendly wording. No kids showed up without parents or a guardian. What do these people think was happening inside?

Want to talk about sexualizing children? Anyone seen dance teams and cheerleading? And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

The whole thing is just stupid. Today's hotness to try and be relevant is to protest drag shows. It'll be something equally stupid next year.

Do we have any evidence that there were children in that theater? All we have to go on is Kincannon's selfie, and I didn't see any children at first glance. There was no nudity in the show. If that's the case, then why do we feel compelled to censor and tell a theater how to run their business?

For the sake of consistency, where's the line drawn? Do we justify a protest for taking your 9 year old to go see Transformers where Megan Fox is sexualized for pretty much every bit of her screen time?

FTR, if I had children, I wouldn't take them to that show. Not because I think it will imprint sexual deviance on their formative mind, but moreso because there's nothing in a production like that for a child to appreciate. The jokes and subject matter wouldn't register.

I hope there were no children there. I question what effing moron desires to open the show to all ages. And given that effort, what moronic mayor attends an event that makes an effort to open such a show to children.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Very few children at the show. Local advertisement did not use the Family Friendly wording. No kids showed up without parents or a guardian. What do these people think was happening inside?

Want to talk about sexualizing children? Anyone seen dance teams and cheerleading? And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

The whole thing is just stupid. Today's hotness to try and be relevant is to protest drag shows. It'll be something equally stupid next year.

That's where I'm at. I never once saw this advertised as family friendly.

I've witnessed drag shows. If they were film productions, they'd be PG-13.

You have people freaking out about the TN Theater allowing parent-accompanied children to a PG-13 production.

Folks, your beef isn't with the venue, nor is it with the production. It's with the parents.

Reactions: LouderVol
That's where I'm at. I never once saw this advertised as family friendly.

I've witnessed drag shows. If they were film productions, they'd be PG-13.

You have people freaking out about the TN Theater allowing parent-accompanied children to a PG-13 production.

Folks, your beef isn't with the venue, nor is it with the production. It's with the parents.

The beef is with anyone believing this type of event should be for all ages.

Most drag queens are good people. Dinky the conjecture king is at it again. Seems like he only shows up when drag queens and homosexuals are being discussed. Hey to each his own.

I wonder though Dinky, how do you know most drag queens are good people? Are mentally ill people all good?

The beef is with anyone believing this type of event should be for all ages.

I can't remember the last time TN Theater had an 18+ only event.

This wasn't advertised as "bring your kids!"

Do we not allow parents to parent and businesses to run themselves? I thought that's what most of us were all about?

I don't agree with how plenty of people raise their kids, but I'm not going to try and force them to parent my way.

Reactions: LouderVol
The more I think about it, it is good Kincannon was there. It paints an accurate picture of who this society is choosing to govern.

Most drag queens are good people. Dinky the conjecture king is at it again. Seems like he only shows up when drag queens and homosexuals are being discussed. Hey to each his own.

I wonder though Dinky, how do you know most drag queens are good people? Are mentally ill people all good?

It's also when you tend to show up.

Well, that and when an airplane only has white people on it 🤣

Reactions: volfanhill

I guess my being born in the 1970's, drag shows were never a common occurrence during my lifetime up until about 5-6 years ago. It just wasn't a thing or big event in my day.

I can't remember the last time TN Theater had an 18+ only event.

This wasn't advertised as "bring your kids!"

Do we not allow parents to parent and businesses to run themselves? I thought that's what most of us were all about?

I don't agree with how plenty of people raise their kids, but I'm not going to try and force them to parent my way.

Does the company running this event not have the right to say we are making this an 18+ event?

Does the company running this event not have the right to say we are making this an 18+ event?

They do, but they decided not to. If people don't like it, they can solve it with capitalism (aka don't patronize the business).

This is the religious right's gay ass cake. Gotta stay consistent.

My tolerance definitely ends short of perverts displaying their sexual deviations to young children.

Then write a complaint letter to the theater, Karen.

Though, it'll likely effect as much change as your friend braving the dangers of being flipped off by people in p*ssy hats.

Last edited:
Reactions: NashVol11

VN Store

Back