Knoxville Weather Radar

Don't understand how every weather site still has us at 30-40% chance when a system is headed right for us.

Maybe there's something we don't know that paid meteorologists do. :)

Reactions: 2 people
Wish that system would just pick up speed and get it over with. I know it won't cancel the game or anything but it pisses me off that we've waited so long for this. I hate sloppy rain games.

Reactions: 1 person
Wish that attempt would just pick up speed and get it over with. I know it won't cancel the game or anything but it pisses me off that we've waited so long for this. I hate sloppy rain games.

No running through the T either :realmad:

Wish that attempt would just pick up speed and get it over with. I know it won't cancel the game or anything but it pisses me off that we've waited so long for this. I hate sloppy rain games.

I'm with you completely.

Right now, I'm more worried about this than the game itself. LOL!

Bulk of the rain will blow through between 5:30-6:30. Very little lightning associated with the rain but it only takes one strike within I think 6 miles of the stadium to cause a delay.

According to NEXRAD, Chatt was on the very southern tip of the storm. The brunt appears to be heading straight for K-Town.

I was watching the radar as it approached and moved through. You're correct that it was the very southern portion that hit Chattanooga, but it's still moving fast. Knoxville will probably get more of it, but I'd be surprised if it lasted more than about 45 minutes. As nasty as it looks on radar, there wasn't a ton of lighting, mostly heavy rain and some gusty winds. I'm guessing that's what is making it look so heavy on radar. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it delaying the game more than an hour tops. I can live with that.

This line of rain and storms coming off of the plateau is moving with a mainly easterly component. Lightning is decreasing with it, so hopefully that weakening will continue and just be moderate showers when it arrives in Knoxville around 6pm, could be some remaining lightning though. Also, one of the models that we use (HRRR: NWS, local news, etc. all use it) initiated well with the current rain and storms moving toward Knoxville. It shows light to moderate rain around Knoxville near kickoff with some patchy light rain/mist hanging around in some locations. Regardless, the 2nd half should be drier than the first and lightning looks like a low probability after the game starts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-31-16-59-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-31-16-59-58.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 3
  • hrrrSE_sfc_radar_005.gif
    hrrrSE_sfc_radar_005.gif
    45.7 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 7 people
Don't understand how every weather site still has us at 30-40% chance when a system is headed right for us.

They are like the sports experts. They don't know crap.

It's 5:00 right now. Backside of stoem appears to be just east of Crossville which is 70 miles from Knoxville. The storm looks to be moving at about 35 mph so it will just barely pass over before kickoff if no butterflies are released.

Prepare to get wet before the game, and dry out during . :)

It is a lot like Rivals ranking a guy 3 stars that has offers from every top team in the country.

The system is coming through right now...

Hoping (and I think it will) that it breaks up over the plateau.

Nope. It's on the east side of the plateau. Look, I'm no pro, but I can usually do better than the local meteorologists and the networks. It looks to me like it will hit at around 6:10 to 6:25. It is rapidly weakening and will be playable with a possible 15 min delay that will happen during warm-ups and as the teams head back into the locker rooms anyway. That should make for a MUCH more pleasant game. It will only last until 7:30 or 8 (depending on how much the Smokies slow it down. Mark it

For what its worth guys...I'm in AL near the state line, and the system is strong but moves through fast. Lots of heavy rain and storms, but gone in 15-20 minutes. I have been watching NOAA radar at the isolated cell(s) all day. At most, it will move through quickly once it hits. Game on.

This line of rain and storms coming off of the plateau is moving with a mainly easterly component. Lightning is decreasing with it, so hopefully that weakening will continue and just be moderate showers when it arrives in Knoxville around 6pm, could be some remaining lightning though. Also, one of the models that we use (HRRR: NWS, local news, etc. all use it) initiated well with the current rain and storms moving toward Knoxville. It shows light to moderate rain around Knoxville near kickoff with some patchy light rain/mist hanging around in some locations. Regardless, the 2nd half should be drier than the first and lightning looks like a low probability after the game starts.
Wooohooo!! Disregard anything that I just said! The weather stud just showed up. WX is the spot-on BEAST. He's saved me on multiple occaisions while hunting/fishing and having to make it to flights out during the wintery stuff. Ya'll just got the TRUE official forecast. Just sayin'

I know it sounds stupid (and my wife has told me a million times today that I sound like an idiot saying this) but our uniforms look like complete **** on TV when it rains.

We either look like Texas or Traffic cops depending on the broadcast.

Damn storms...

I know it sounds stupid (and my wife has told me a million times today that I sound like an idiot saying this) but our uniforms look like complete **** on TV when it rains.

We either look like Texas or Traffic cops depending on the broadcast.

Damn storms...

Truth. Then again, Adidias NEVER HAS matched our oranges from helmet to toe correctly. Now would be the moment for the smoky greys with a new matte grey helmet to match.

VN Store

Back