Lady Vols (6 seed) Portland Regional

And wouldn't in be our luck to play BOTH Iowa St and Iowa in Iowa? Home game for the 9 seed.

Im hoping someone will feel sorry for us we squeeze out a 6. Probably won't happen tho.
I think with the way we played South Carolina and the eyes test watching that game that Tennessee gets bumped up. That with SOS I am calling it now. Were a 6 and Creme got it wrong again.

Just came ESPN Tennessee seed pair to meat Texas second round
Those of you who watched more teams
Would want Texas or USC for a possible second round NCAA tournament game oppent?

Would want Texas or USC for a possible second round NCAA tournament game oppent?
Well we beat Oklahoma without Rickea and Oklahoma beat Texas both times they have played this year. Oklahoma also won The Big 12 regular season championship.

I thought USC was a 2 player team until yesterday's game. Still not sure those support players can do it again. Texas, without Harmon, has played better than expected. It's a close call. Though a Watkins - Jackson matchup would be must see TV.

I thought USC was a 2 player team until yesterday's game. Still not sure those support players can do it again. Texas, without Harmon, has played better than expected. It's a close call. Though a Watkins - Jackson matchup would be must see TV.
Both HHS and Massey have us playing USC closer, losing by 6 and 4 points at their place (vs. 13 and 9 at Texas). But we've outperformed the predicted score/outcome in 7 of our last 9 games at HHS - compared 6/9 for USC and only 4/9 for Texas, indicating Texas is maybe underperforming lately...

Texas statistically seems more primed to take advantage of our weaknesses (solid 3-point shooting, though at a low volume; they force a lot of turnovers) and push us in areas where we are best (rebounding; they get to the free throw line a TON and we have a very low foul rate).

Both HHS and Massey have us playing USC closer, losing by 6 and 4 points at their place (vs. 13 and 9 at Texas). But we've outperformed the predicted score/outcome in 7 of our last 9 games at HHS - compared 6/9 for USC and only 4/9 for Texas, indicating Texas is maybe underperforming lately...

Texas statistically seems more primed to take advantage of our weaknesses (solid 3-point shooting, though at a low volume; they force a lot of turnovers) and push us in areas where we are best (rebounding; they get to the free throw line a TON and we have a very low foul rate).
I don't think Texas is that good. They actually aren't a great 3pt shooting team. Just really Gonzales and she's hot and cold. Based on games I've seen, it apprears that they foul a ton. I actually think this is a very good matchup for Tennessee...better than Southern Cal IMO.

I don't think Texas is that good. They actually aren't a great 3pt shooting team. Just really Gonzales and she's hot and cold. Based on games I've seen, it apprears that they foul a ton. I actually think this is a very good matchup for Tennessee...better than Southern Cal IMO.
Imagining the possibility of Rickea's last college game being against Vic Sheafer. Bitter irony af, but somehow the perfect metaphor for this cursed season.

Going to be a six or seven. We have an outside shot at a six seed but seven is probably where we land so hope for a great draw. The way we played SC we can play with anybody just need to keep doing what were doing the last few games.
Hate that Oklahoma's blowout loss to Iowa State yesterday dropped them 3 spots in the NET, leaving us with 0 NET top 25 wins.

Charlie puts Tennessee as the 7 in the Austin pod with 10-seed Maryland, with the winner facing 2nd seeded Texas or whoever upsets Texas. So ... Texas.

Rough draw. Brenda has some bite to her this year, even with the rough season, and then you get 30-4 Texas on their home court. Very rough draw.

Going to be a six or seven. We have an outside shot at a six seed but seven is probably where we land so hope for a great draw. The way we played SC we can play with anybody just need to keep doing what were doing the last few games.
I think a 6 and they send Tennessee to NC state. Storylines aplenty and driving distance for TN fans and a big crowd.

Agree I think we get S curved into a 6 to keep us local
Agreed. Revenue and travel cost is still a part of the women’s tournament, although less than in the past. I could be wrong, but I don’t see them sending a program that would travel well to a semi-local location across the country to play.

Charlie puts Tennessee as the 7 in the Austin pod with 10-seed Maryland, with the winner facing 2nd seeded Texas or whoever upsets Texas. So ... Texas.

Rough draw. Brenda has some bite to her this year, even with the rough season, and then you get 30-4 Texas on their home court. Very rough draw.

Brenda’s squad just annihilated #4 Ohio state by 20 points. They’re like us. Streaky… 50/50 odds we beat them or get blown out by them. People keep downplaying Texas (not you - just online in general) and I have no ideas why. That’s a 30 win squad on their home floor. Will be a VERY nervous trip back home for Kelli if that’s the bracket. A 6 seed in Raleigh vs a 13 seed Green Bay would be a gift to her and would maybe* save her job.

Last edited:
Brenda’s squad just annihilated #4 Ohio state by 20 points. They’re like us. Streaky… 50/50 odds we beat them or get blown out by them. People keep downplaying Texas (not you - just online in general) and I have no ideas why. That’s a 30 win squad on their home floor. Will be a VERY nervous trip back home for Kelli if that’s the bracket. A 6 seed in Raleigh vs a 13 seed Green Bay would be a gift to her and would maybe* save her job.
I was one of the ones not impressed by Texas. I only saw a handful of games once Harmon was injured and I wasn't impressed...until I saw the first half vs. Iowa State in the B12 championship. When they are clicking on offense and especially defense like they were last night, they are scary good. Booker is also basically a clone of Rickea with better ball handling.

Remember Charlie Creme has a habit of underseeding Tennessee. Last year's final bracketology had us as a 6 seed...and we wound up a #4.

Oh man, that would be a dream. And tempt me to go. That would be SO much better than the Maryland/Texas scenario.

Really hope we can somehow get a 6 seed.

We finished strong and the committee tends to weight the end of the season performances more than the early ones. so maybe....

We don’t look like a 7 seed (look better to the eye test), and our metrics SOS say we are better than a 7 seed. With that said our NET says we are a 8 seed, and our record suggests we are a 8/9 seed. Will be interesting to see which set of criteria the committee chooses to use. I still personally think we get seeded no higher than a 7 because they have the SEC as being incredibly weak this year. If the committee has Mississippi State as first four out, and Auburn/Vandy in play in games, I think they punish us also.

VN Store

Back