Lady Vols (6 seed) Portland Regional

thats twice you have threatened me @Rooster1
I think thats enough
You are on ignore now. Do the same with me. You know, burning bridges and all….You got the thread deleted which showed your true character, good for you. Character matters though. Commo ended.

Last edited:
I'm a statistician by trade. If I need street cred, ask @chuckiepoo and @knoxvol52 They can attest to my stats work in the baseball forum, where I spent all of last season fighting with Negavols who said Vols wouldn't even make the SEC tournament, much less the NCAAs. I argued the stats suggested we were a 2nd-weekend team.. and we ended up in the World Series. Stats can help tell the larger picture, so feel free to have folks join in the discussion, and analyzing. When Lady Vols trends towards "safely in" we will change the direction of the thread to "seed analyses."
It's past time to change thread Title!

Seven seed this morning with an arrow up. So looks like seven is where we will stay and that is acceptable considering the season we've had this year. I'm looking to win at least two games in the NCAA Tourney.

IMG_7065.png

Charlie Crème’s most recent bracket projection has us in a dream region with a genuine shot at a FF run. I hope the committee makes this happen!

View attachment 626147

Charlie Crème’s most recent bracket projection has us in a dream region with a genuine shot at a FF run. I hope the committee makes this happen!
I don’t think the committee will send a team with fans that would travel to a drivable destination out to California. Revenue is still a big part of this thing, I think Tennessee plays its first weekend within driving distance of Knoxville.

I don’t think the committee will send a team with fans that would travel to a drivable destination out to California. Revenue is still a big part of this thing, I think Tennessee plays its first weekend within driving distance of Knoxville.
E$PN? Shirley you jest…. 🤣

Reactions: knoxvol52
Are you thinking we're heading to Columbus, then?

Also hoping we get into the Albany regional and make it to the Sweet 16, as I have tickets for the Sweet 16 and Elite 8!

E$PN? Shirley you jest…. 🤣
ESPN doesn’t make the bracket. The NCAA selection committee does. They prioritize gate receipts ahead of TV matchups, though they try to serve both.

If it’s a close enough destination, Tennessee will bring thousands of fans. If it’s in California, maybe a couple of hundred. So if things are close to equal, teams like Ole Miss and Auburn that will have a couple hundred fans regardless will go out west and Tennessee would play where fans will buy tickets.

Nothing is certain either way, but I don’t see a California destination as likely for UT for he first weekend.

ESPN doesn’t make the bracket. The NCAA selection committee does. They prioritize gate receipts ahead of TV matchups, though they try to serve both.

If it’s a close enough destination, Tennessee will bring thousands of fans. If it’s in California, maybe a couple of hundred. So if things are close to equal, teams like Ole Miss and Auburn that will have a couple hundred fans regardless will go out west and Tennessee would play where fans will buy tickets.

Nothing is certain either way, but I don’t see a California destination as likely for UT for he first weekend.

Hopefully we don’t have to go out West. But if that’s what gets us a favorable bracket, I’m here for it.

In 2016 the committee sent us out to Arizona as a 7 seed. We ended up upsetting the 2 seed and made it all the way to the E8.

Latest ESPN Bracketology has us in Austin playing Michigan in a 7 vs. 10 game, with a potential second round game vs. Texas (who was dropped to a 2-seed with USC winning the Pac-12 tournament yesterday).

The updated HHS Bracketology has us playing Iowa State in a 8 vs. 9 game, with a potential second round game vs. Iowa.

She can score 40 on anyone. What is your point?

I agree, she scored 45 against OSU and lost, and she's also capable of having a bad game, making her team beatable by anybody.

In contrast, Iowa has 0 losses when she has more than 10 assists. CC is going to get hers, you have to limit the easy shots that she creates for her teammates. Make everything a difficult shot and live with the results.

Latest ESPN Bracketology has us in Austin playing Michigan in a 7 vs. 10 game, with a potential second round game vs. Texas (who was dropped to a 2-seed with USC winning the Pac-12 tournament yesterday).

The updated HHS Bracketology has us playing Iowa State in a 8 vs. 9 game, with a potential second round game vs. Iowa.
And wouldn't in be our luck to play BOTH Iowa St and Iowa in Iowa? Home game for the 9 seed.

Im hoping someone will feel sorry for us we squeeze out a 6. Probably won't happen tho.

VN Store

Back