Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Because people have been released, it shows current hospitalizations.

Right.....so it isn't cumulative resource use and can't be compared to 490k for flu. Current hospitalizations is peak hospitalization (I didn't say new hospitalizations per day). You told me I was incorrect that it wasn't daily resource use but total. Now you are saying it is current. That is daily use.

A cumulative number would only go up - not drop down after you hit peak even with people being released.

So, why are we comparing these two numbers?

490k cumulative bed use not comparable to 56k daily bed use.

Right.....so it isn't cumulative resource use and can't be compared to 490k for flu. Current hospitalizations is peak hospitalization (I didn't say new hospitalizations per day). You told me I was incorrect that it wasn't daily resource use but total. Now you are saying it is current. That is daily use.

A cumulative number would only go up - not drop down after you hit peak even with people being released.

So, why are we comparing these two numbers?

490k cumulative bed use not comparable to 56k daily bed use.

The most people who have been hospitalized cumulative due to Coronavirus is 56K, that number is decreasing as time moves on. Not 56K people in 1 day, so over the course of 4 months of Coronoavirus 56K will have been hospitalized TOTAL.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
You're being told all presidents - and for that matter, politicians - are egomaniacal. It's not an endorsement of narcissism but a preference they'd rather see it.

You're saying you prefer the veneer.

I'm saying I prefer we not elect egomaniacs...and I think it's stupid to assume all people striving for the oval office are egomaniacs, so let's just accept this egomaniac.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
I can’t imagine what those places will look like when they are done with them and leave .
What a nightmare for the staff. I worked at a hotel during the aftermath of hurricane Katrina, and the Red Cross put up some really rough characters who did a lot of damage. The hotel owners ended up eating it because they hated to bill the Red Cross for it.

The most people who have been hospitalized cumulative due to Coronavirus is 56K, that number is decreasing as time moves on. Not 56K people in 1 day, so over the course of 4 months of Coronoavirus 56K will have been hospitalized TOTAL.

That's not what that is saying.

It is saying they estimate 56k beds will be in use on the peak day.

I agree that you cannot take each day's resource use, add them up, and get total people hospitalized over the course of wave 1. Because people use a bed for more than 1 day.

Without knowing the average time a person is hospitalized, you cannot convert the distribution curve of resource use from IHME to the cumulative hospitalizations curve for comparison to the 490k total (cumulative) hospitalizations (or hospital beds) used.

However, we do have data on average time of hospitalization for flu. So, I used that and information about hospitalization rate during peak flu season to estimate the peak resource (i.e., hospital bed) use for flu.

That's not what that is saying.

It is saying they estimate 56k beds will be in use on the peak day.

I agree that you cannot take each day's resource use, add them up, and get total people hospitalized over the course of wave 1. Because people use a bed for more than 1 day.

Without knowing the average time a person is hospitalized, you cannot convert the distribution curve of resource use from IHME to the cumulative hospitalizations curve for comparison to the 490k total (cumulative) hospitalizations (or hospital beds) used.

However, we do have data on average time of hospitalization for flu. So, I used that and information about hospitalization rate during peak flu season to estimate the peak resource (i.e., hospital bed) use for flu.
Point is, these lock downs are going to extreme measures that aren't needed.

Does Pelosi’s big estate and house not have extra rooms ? I’ll bet she could fit 5-7 homeless people in there until it’s over .

Point is, these lock downs are going to extreme measures that aren't needed.

You cannot draw that from the statistics you posted.

You also cannot draw that conclusion in a declarative fashion without having confidence in what the alternative would be.

Given the butchering on the interpretation of the peak resource use and its comparison to flu, I'm not sure what to make of your opinion that the lock downs aren't (weren't?) needed.

VN Store

Back