Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I applaud him. For this pandemic, this is the issue that hits closest to home for me. I have gone from being mildly annoyed about KCS (Knox County Schools) prior to the pandemic, to downright loathing them since the pandemic. They are cowards. They are the least professional set of people among people that call themselves professionals, that I have ever seen. I believe they are fairly representation of public schooling across this country, and that means most kids in this country are screwed in terms of their education.

I will say that here in upstate SC we have been fully open since October/November as they staggered classes for a few weeks while opening up. If you test positive you’re out 10 days and then go back. Same for students and teachers. If you’re in contact you’re out 10 days (was 2 weeks but changed) then go back. There’s kids and teachers out every week at every school in the district but they keep chugging along. I haven’t heard of any kids or teachers having a serious case.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
And here we go....Osterholm missing the spotlight since he’s only good at fear and no good at solutions.

New COVID mutations could prolong pandemic for another year, despite vaccines

“All indications are that these variants of the virus could be a significant challenge to the vaccine," says Michael Osterholm, the straight-talking infectious disease expert at the University of Minnesota who was a key member of Joe Biden's pre-inauguration COVID advisory board. "Without a doubt that's potentially the most overwhelming problem we face."

Except....
Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Retains Neutralizing Activity Against Emerging Variants First Identified in the U.K. and the Republic of South Africa | Moderna, Inc.

And...
Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccine Works Against Mutations Found in U.K, South Africa Variants, Lab Study Finds

And here we go....Osterholm missing the spotlight since he’s only good at fear and no good at solutions.

“All indications are that these variants of the virus could be a significant challenge to the vaccine," says Michael Osterholm, the straight-talking infectious disease expert at the University of Minnesota who was a key member of Joe Biden's pre-inauguration COVID advisory board. "Without a doubt that's potentially the most overwhelming problem we face."

Except....
Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Retains Neutralizing Activity Against Emerging Variants First Identified in the U.K. and the Republic of South Africa | Moderna, Inc.

And...
Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccine Works Against Mutations Found in U.K, South Africa Variants, Lab Study Finds

Im not worried. Joe said he was going to fix it.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

Except....

And...

There you go @OHvol40

You assured us the vaccine was effective with the variants.

Reactions: StarRaider
Yup. Completely different type of vaccine. Moderna and Pfizer have both come out and said theirs will work.

I already edited my comment. But he stated assuarnce before what we now know.

"That could be a problem for the United States, which hours earlier reported its first known cases of the contagious variant in two unrelated people in South Carolina. And it came just days after Moderna and Pfizer said that their vaccines were also less effective against the same variant."

Reactions: newyorkvol
Looks like about a 15 to 20 percent drop in new cases from last Thursday to this Thursday. And that is with at least 20 states reporting the new more contagious strain.

Fear peddling is going to take some real creativity if this keeps up.

Looks like about a 15 to 20 percent drop in new cases from last Thursday to this Thursday. And that is with at least 20 states reporting the new more contagious strain.

Fear peddling is going to take some real creativity if this keeps up.

Joe is doing it!!!

Reactions: allvol123
I will say that here in upstate SC we have been fully open since October/November as they staggered classes for a few weeks while opening up. If you test positive you’re out 10 days and then go back. Same for students and teachers. If you’re in contact you’re out 10 days (was 2 weeks but changed) then go back. There’s kids and teachers out every week at every school in the district but they keep chugging along. I haven’t heard of any kids or teachers having a serious case.

I just see such a lack of professionalism in Knox County. Some issues surrounding covid, others unrelated. We have experienced 2 week keep your kid at home contact tracing. I've watched these pitiful online classes where teachers teach for about 10 minutes, give an assignment and tell the kid they are done as soon as it is complete. It is pitiful.

I just see such a lack of professionalism in Knox County. Some issues surrounding covid, others unrelated. We have experienced 2 week keep your kid at home contact tracing. I've watched these pitiful online classes where teachers teach for about 10 minutes, give an assignment and tell the kid they are done as soon as it is complete. It is pitiful.

Hell our little one in K4 was about to be put out for contact tracing and when we told them she already had it they said nevermind. They shift teachers around and bring in substitutes when needed. If a kid is out for Covid or contact tracing they do the online deal for 10 days then go back.

I've got kids in quarantine now, and I have just realized how pitiful the system is, despite 3/4 of a year to make progress. Basically, they've got squat. The online deal is only available for kids that are 100% "virtual" or if a whole school "goes red." What a disgrace.

VN Store

Back