Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I've got kids in quarantine now, and I have just realized how pitiful the system is, despite 3/4 of a year to make progress. Basically, they've got squat. The online deal is only available for kids that are 100% "virtual" or if a whole school "goes red." What a disgrace.

It is a disgrace. Bob Thomas should be removed from his role.

Reactions: GrayWaterCanine
Hell our little one in K4 was about to be put out for contact tracing and when we told them she already had it they said nevermind. They shift teachers around and bring in substitutes when needed. If a kid is out for Covid or contact tracing they do the online deal for 10 days then go back.

Sounds much better than what I am seeing.

I've got kids in quarantine now, and I have just realized how pitiful the system is, despite 3/4 of a year to make progress. Basically, they've got squat. The online deal is only available for kids that are 100% "virtual" or if a whole school "goes red." What a disgrace.
My mother in law is an elementary school teacher and she has come to visit us quite often over the last year to see her grandchildren. She has to teach virtually while she’s here and I’m completely astounded at how awful it is. She spends the majority of the time telling the kids to turn their screens on and then asking for them to get their parents. It’s a complete **** show

My mother in law is an elementary school teacher and she has come to visit us quite often over the last year to see her grandchildren. She has to teach virtually while she’s here and I’m completely astounded at how awful it is. She spends the majority of the time telling the kids to turn their screens on and then asking for them to get their parents. It’s a complete **** show
Some of them have the gall to complain about it too. Like are you serious my wife and I still have to do our jobs and now yours as well. The 20 minute Zoom call once a day isn't exactly cutting it. Ours are going back 4 days a week starting Monday and it couldn't come soon enough.

Some of them have the gall to complain about it too. Like are you serious my wife and I still have to do our jobs and now yours as well. The 20 minute Zoom call once a day isn't exactly cutting it. Ours are going back 4 days a week starting Monday and it couldn't come soon enough.
Thats her... of course being an public school teacher, she’s an anti-Trump lib. And while she complains about not being able to do her job interact properly w her students, she also says that her life is in mortal danger if she has to go back to the classroom.

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
Thats her... of course being an public school teacher, she’s an anti-Trump lib. And while she complains about not being able to do her job interact properly w her students, she also says that her life is in mortal danger if she has to go back to the classroom.

Sounds like she's had the hell scared into her by the fear mongers on the left

This country has to get past this principle of total eradication of this virus before we get back to normal. We will always have some risk due to new strains etc. We should get as many people vaccinated as we can and if the numbers continue to drop (and I think they will) we ought to open everything completely and let the people decide whether they want to go to a Vols sporting event, go to Ye Ol' Steakhouse, play Laser Tag, go bowling or whatever. By then we'll have enough people vaccinated that the health care system will not be overwhelmed. They also need to drop the mask mandates. Let each business decide their own rules. This point is not being talked about enough by our leaders.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
There has been no group who has looked worse then the teachers Union as we have gone through this. They are the same people screaming follow the science but choose to ignore it. So entitled. Despicable. They want one thing. To get paid not to go to work. And yes the quality of education suffers. If it doesn't we can get rid of half of them and roll this virtual crap all the time.

Reactions: BisonVol
There has been no group who has looked worse then the teachers Union as we have gone through this. They are the same people screaming follow the science but choose to ignore it. So entitled. Despicable. They want one thing. To get paid not to go to work. And yes the quality of education suffers. If it doesn't we can get rid of half of them and roll this virtual crap all the time.
We have two in our neighborhood and they act like going in to classrooms is basically Black Hawk Down every day. Meanwhile I've seen the same people running the registers at Food City for months and they interact with hundreds of strangers a day and don't seem to be dying at any appreciable clip.

We're not far from being a blue state with all of the blue state rejects moving here to escape oppressive taxes. It might take a multi decade long depression for these people to wake up and see what they are voting for.
They don’t GAS. Look at Cuomo. He would easily win if the election were held tomorrow.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
There you go @OHvol40

You assured us the vaccine was effective with the variants.

When we were talking about it, what, a month and 1/2 ago, there had been no variants that would affect the efficacy of the current vaccines. If something has changed, then it has changed. Inevitably all viruses (especially respiratory viruses like these) continue to produce variants. That’s why there is a different flu shot every year... that and waning immunity. Covid will likely be no different.

My wife being Asian has a pretty strict line that she expects straight As and will accept a B only if she sees you tried your best.

This was how it was for 9 years.

We are literally just trying to get the kids through school at this point.

My kids are getting Ds and Cs for the first time ever and honestly I am so confused at this point it's not even funny. Its damn near impossible to keep a 16 year old on schedule when they are in school a day then off three then back in. Teachers arent uploading grades in time so we can never tell what has been received and hasn't and on the days they go to school they get tested and never have a chance for review.

Oh and every damn time a single kid gets covid any other kid sitting near them is quarantined 10 days. So my kids finally get their grades back up to As then bam they get quarantined for 10 days, fall completely behind, get off schedule, and drop back down again.

My one daughter has been quarantined 5 times and literally cried the last time. She hasn't had it yet. Was up to a 94 in science and now back to like 83.

I heard yesterday that one of Slo Jo’s EOs guaranteed unemployment for those that refuse out of fear to go to work. Now the leftist squad filth is pushing for recurring payments for those that want to sit around in their pajamas. The worthless and useless will push this pandemic crisis as long as they can.

My wife being Asian has a pretty strict line that she expects straight As and will accept a B only if she sees you tried your best.

My kids are getting Ds and Cs for the first time ever and honestly I am so confused at this point it's not even funny. Its damn near impossible to keep a 16 year old on schedule when they are in school a day then off three then back in. Teachers arent uploading grades in time so we can never tell what has been received and hasn't and on the days they go to school they get tested and never have a chance for review.

Oh and every damn time a single kid gets covid any other kid sitting near them is quarantined 10 days. So my kids finally get their grades back up to As then bam they get quarantined for 10 days, fall completely behind, get off schedule, and drop back down again.

My one daughter has been quarantined 5 times and literally cried the last time. She hasn't had it yet. Was up to a 94 in science and now back to like 83.
I minister in a small town. We do not have school on mondays. In the fall our 7-12th graders went hybrid. My kids did well. We opened our church up for kids who needed a safe space and internet for schooling we did our best to help the kids in our care during the week.
The list of students who had d’s and f’s was the longest in the history of the school system. When I sat down in a meeting with school administrators, I told them to mask them and send them, and to take the chances.

Reactions: ArdentVol and NEO

Man I could rant on this for days. My kid's math teacher will give a quiz and then not make the quiz available for me to see until literally the night before the test. So for example, my kid takes the quiz on the 1st and fails it, but I cant use the quiz as a tool to review and learn from until say the 9th, and the test for that material is on the 10th. It is laziness, incompetence and every other poor trait I can name.

I minister in a small town. We do not have school on mondays. In the fall our 7-12th graders went hybrid. My kids did well. We opened our church up for kids who needed a safe space and internet for schooling we did our best to help the kids in our care during the week.
The list of students who had d’s and f’s was the longest in the history of the school system. When I sat down in a meeting with school administrators, I told them to mask them and send them, and to take the chances.
What chances? It's schools have been open for a regular school year and have had very few issues. The county is averaging less than 2 cases per school and no one can seem to trace a child transmission leading to death (even though they are really trying hard). They had a good surge in Jan of kids coming back to the classrooms from virtual. Both my kids added 2 to their class and that happened in all classes. Maybe we're waking up?

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
We have two in our neighborhood and they act like going in to classrooms is basically Black Hawk Down every day. Meanwhile I've seen the same people running the registers at Food City for months and they interact with hundreds of strangers a day and don't seem to be dying at any appreciable clip.
I will say this, not all teachers act and feel this way. My wife has been a teacher in middle TN for over 20 years and she would prefer to be in the classroom. She believes the teacher's union does nothing but take teachers money. She also believes this virtual crap is only hurting students both academically and socially and has doubled the workload for teachers like her who are in a school system that is doing both in person classes and virtual for kids who are staying home by choice of their parents. This situation, like many others, has become 95% political with kids and most teachers alike, caught in the middle.

What chances? It's schools have been open for a regular school year and have had very few issues. The county is averaging less than 2 cases per school and no one can seem to trace a child transmission leading to death (even though they are really trying hard). They had a good surge in Jan of kids coming back to the classrooms from virtual. Both my kids added 2 to their class and that happened in all classes. Maybe we're waking up?
What caused us to go hybrid , is back in fall, 6 high schoolers tested positive and 65 kids out of a school of 200 had to go on quarantine. So then Missouri changed it to where if every kid wore mask only the sick kid went home. I don’t think mask work. That’s why I put take out chances and send them back to school

Passengers of flight to Beijing say they were subjected to anal swabbing upon arrival, which we’re fortunate to have demonstrated to us by the General Secretary of the People’s Anal Swabbing Commission. This is the future liberals want

Last edited:
I will say this, not all teachers act and feel this way. My wife has been a teacher in middle TN for over 20 years and she would prefer to be in the classroom. She believes the teacher's union does nothing but take teachers money. She also believes this virtual crap is only hurting students both academically and socially and has doubled the workload for teachers like her who are in a school system that is doing both in person classes and virtual for kids who are staying home by choice of their parents. This situation, like many others, has become 95% political with kids and most teachers alike, caught in the middle.
There are certainly some teachers who hate it and want to be back. But there are also some that have gotten a taste for working an hour a day for full pay while they're eligible to send their kids to daycare for free as "essential workers" and they like what they see. The government has incentivized fear and it's working for a lot of people. And if you disagree it's because you're a trumptard who wants all the teachers and children to die.

What caused us to go hybrid , is back in fall, 6 high schoolers tested positive and 65 kids out of a school of 200 had to go on quarantine. So then Missouri changed it to where if every kid wore mask only the sick kid went home. I don’t think mask work. That’s why I put take out chances and send them back to school
Our school didn't force quarantine unless the child shows symptoms. Contract tracing is used to id and let's parents know but they can stay in school. Has worked well so far

Passengers of flight to Beijing say they were subjected to anal swabbing upon arrival, which we’re fortunate to have demonstrated to us by the General Secretary of the People’s Anal Swabbing Commission. This is the future liberals want

😳

I’m not going to travel to China anytime soon.

Reactions: RavinDave

I'm going to China!!!!

Reactions: NEO

VN Store

Back