Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I've now heard from several friends in various medical fields who have recently experienced some rough side effects after vaccine #2. I'm not suggesting that should keep anyone who hasn't been infected from getting the shot, esp if they are at-risk, but I would expect much worse than from your typical vaccine.
I have multiple videos that claim to be the result of this shot that don't end well. I won't post them here. I hope for the sake of people that I love that they are the best option.

Alabama father-of-two dies of UK's 'super-COVID' at 35 as variant spreads to 33 states, infects more than 500 Americans and CDC warns it will become the dominant strain by March

A family in Jefferson County, Alabama is in mourning after a father-of-two died from from the British COVID-19 variant, aged just 35.

Alfonzia Jackson Jr., 35, was diagnosed with the B.1.1.7 variant earlier last week while struggling to live at the UAB hospital.

On Tuesday night, his wife, Ashley Jackson, took to Facebook around 9pm to announced that Alfonzia had died.

WBRC previously reported about Alfonzia Jackson Jr., who Ashley said was admitted to the hospital with COVID symptoms and shortness of breath on January 22, despite her having no idea how he would've contracted the virus.

'My husband just went to work and home,' Ashley Jackson said. 'Gas station here and there. Not nothing like going out and having a good time, just a hardworking man.'

Rapid tests showed a negative diagnosis for COVID-19, but after surgery to relieve heart failure, a PCR test showed that Alfonzia did have COVID-19.

Alabama father of two who contracted UK COVID-19 variant dies at 35 | Daily Mail Online

Moderna? Pfizer? Both?

Seems Moderna is a little worse in my circles. Anecdotally of course.
I think it's been around 50/50. Most of what I hear is fever, severe malaise and achiness/flu-like symptoms, one person had some weird neurological symptoms. I would try to schedule the second with a day or two off work afterwards.

It’s almost laughable at this point. Article states 707 teachers have died of COVID. Then doesn’t make the distinction of where the person was exposed. I’m kinda tired of this. Act like the rest of the working country. If you are worried about exposing your family, make arrangements or quit.

Teachers have lost colleagues to Covid-19 and worry about being next. But, they say, no one's listening — CNN

Crucially, that number doesn't account for whether an employee was exposed to the virus at school or in some other setting. There's also no evidence to suggest more teachers are dying than people in other professions. In fact, recent studies have concluded that in-person classes aren't significantly contributing to coronavirus spread -- an in-depth look at two US schools released last week found that there "was no evidence of student-to-teacher or teacher-to-student transmission" when proper precautions were taken.”

It’s almost laughable at this point. Article states 707 teachers have died of COVID. Then doesn’t make the distinction of where the person was exposed. I’m kinda tired of this. Act like the rest of the working country. If you are worried about exposing your family, make arrangements or quit.

Teachers have lost colleagues to Covid-19 and worry about being next. But, they say, no one's listening — CNN

Crucially, that number doesn't account for whether an employee was exposed to the virus at school or in some other setting. There's also no evidence to suggest more teachers are dying than people in other professions. In fact, recent studies have concluded that in-person classes aren't significantly contributing to coronavirus spread -- an in-depth look at two US schools released last week found that there "was no evidence of student-to-teacher or teacher-to-student transmission" when proper precautions were taken.”

This isn't surprising. Many teachers have had a victim complex for as long as I can remember.

This isn't surprising. Many teachers have had a victim complex for as long as I can remember.

I actually misquoted the number....

“As of February 1, the site estimates that at least 707 retired and active teachers, coaches, custodians and other staff members have died of Covid-19.”

Last edited:
Reactions: VolnJC and Kristy*
I actually misquoted the number....

“As of February 1, the site estimates that at least 707 retired and active teachers, coaches, custodians and other staff members have died of Covid-19.”
Lol imagine counting retired military veterans in death counts for KIA.

EVERY MAN WHO SERVED IN WWII DIED

I’m getting really nervous that we’re living in an absolute society and will never move on from the “it’s not 100% effective” BS.

I've had my Covid-19 vaccine -- now what can I safely do? — CNN

When can I hang out with friends and family?

That depends on everyone's vaccine status, experts say. If friends or other members of your family have also received both doses of a Covid-19 vaccine, the risk is greatly reduced, especially if the visit is outdoors.

"It's probably pretty safe to see others who were also vaccinated, after everyone gets both doses and waits a few weeks," Wen said.

It would also be safe if the unvaccinated friends or family members or friends quarantined for 10 days before the outdoor get-together.

However, if the visit is indoors, "there is going to be some level of risk," Wen said, especially with the current spread of more contagious variants and the less than 100% efficacy of today's vaccines.

OK, what's the risk if a vaccinated friend hangs out with an unvaccinated friend? I'd like for a stats geek to really crunch some numbers here. My guess is that the precautions recommended in that CNN article probably lower your risk of getting C19 from 0.02% to 0.01%. No matter what happens, the risk will never be zero in our lifetime. How long are we going to let this bug rule our lives?

I've had one friend who says that she doesn't worry about socializing with me (and my wife) cause we've had our first vaccine (which shows 80% effectiveness). I think that's a reasonable view on her part.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
OK, what's the risk if a vaccinated friend hangs out with an unvaccinated friend? I'd like for a stats geek to really crunch some numbers here. My guess is that the precautions recommended in that CNN article probably lower your risk of getting C19 from 0.02% to 0.01%. No matter what happens, the risk will never be zero in our lifetime. How long are we going to let this bug rule our lives?

I've had one friend who says that she doesn't worry about socializing with me (and my wife) cause we've had our first vaccine (which shows 80% effectiveness). I think that's a reasonable view on her part.

I have worked around 200 people for the past year and no one takes any precautions other than staying home if they feel sick or staying home if they have been around a confirmed case. I think that is a reasonable view.

Alabama father-of-two dies of UK's 'super-COVID' at 35 as variant spreads to 33 states, infects more than 500 Americans and CDC warns it will become the dominant strain by March

A family in Jefferson County, Alabama is in mourning after a father-of-two died from from the British COVID-19 variant, aged just 35.

Alfonzia Jackson Jr., 35, was diagnosed with the B.1.1.7 variant earlier last week while struggling to live at the UAB hospital.

On Tuesday night, his wife, Ashley Jackson, took to Facebook around 9pm to announced that Alfonzia had died.

WBRC previously reported about Alfonzia Jackson Jr., who Ashley said was admitted to the hospital with COVID symptoms and shortness of breath on January 22, despite her having no idea how he would've contracted the virus.

'My husband just went to work and home,' Ashley Jackson said. 'Gas station here and there. Not nothing like going out and having a good time, just a hardworking man.'

Rapid tests showed a negative diagnosis for COVID-19, but after surgery to relieve heart failure, a PCR test showed that Alfonzia did have COVID-19.

Alabama father of two who contracted UK COVID-19 variant dies at 35 | Daily Mail Online

OK, so a guy who was so unhealthy that he needed a surgery on his heart "dies of super-covid"? What the hell?

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
I think it's been around 50/50. Most of what I hear is fever, severe malaise and achiness/flu-like symptoms, one person had some weird neurological symptoms. I would try to schedule the second with a day or two off work afterwards.

Our local (tv) news had a story last night and said that 20% are having symptoms the next day which are bad enough to miss work. Personally I'm getting my second shot on a Friday and I'm off for the rest of the weekend...but 80% are NOT having a severe reaction

VN Store

Back