Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

One of the sub contractors* on one of our jobs died on Friday. In his truck.

They ruled it a Covid death, despite admitting they will need an autopsy to know why he died. His coworkers said they knew never of him having Covid or any symptoms.

Last edited:
JUST IN: An executive order signed by President Biden gives the TSA authority to fine anyone who refuses to wear a mask.

OK, what's the risk if a vaccinated friend hangs out with an unvaccinated friend? I'd like for a stats geek to really crunch some numbers here. My guess is that the precautions recommended in that CNN article probably lower your risk of getting C19 from 0.02% to 0.01%. No matter what happens, the risk will never be zero in our lifetime. How long are we going to let this bug rule our lives?

I've had one friend who says that she doesn't worry about socializing with me (and my wife) cause we've had our first vaccine (which shows 80% effectiveness). I think that's a reasonable view on her part.
At it's peak, Tennessee was in the danger phase at 1k per 1 million....also known as 1 in a 1000...which means even at its worse you would had a hard time knowing somebody with it. But 1000 sounds scary. Not sure why they didn't go with 1 million per 1 billion, big numbers!

Anyways, so your probability of being with an individual with it was 0.1%. Reduce that by the efficacy of the vaccine, 95%, you get 0.005%.

Edit: Apparently the odds of being struck by lightning in your life is 0.008%. Also, I didn't even factor in the for 98% this thing is a bad cold.

Reactions: allvol123
TSA? Oh yeah I bet those Barney's are itching to write some tickets.
I've never had any real issues. I even got detained for a short while in Houston coming back from Mexico but they were all cool and after a few questions in a room hidden within the airport I was released.

cb020421dAPR20210204044504.jpg

Reactions: CagleMtnVol

VN Store

Back