Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Moderna? Pfizer? Both?

Seems Moderna is a little worse in my circles. Anecdotally of course.

Heard the same thing from my best friend in Charleston. I think he said he got the Pfizer and had a rough couple of days after the 2nd shot.

Apparently Johnson and Johnson are coming out with a single shot that claims to have an extremely high protection rate.

Heard the same thing from my best friend in Charleston. I think he said he got the Pfizer and had a rough couple of days after the 2nd shot.

Apparently Johnson and Johnson are coming out with a single shot that claims to have an extremely high protection rate.
Ya'll can be the Neil Armstrong of FrankenVax.. I'll be the Gene Cernan

Got dose 1 of Pfizer about 8 hours ago. No side effects so far and strangely no arm pain unless I press directly on the injection site. Noticeably less pain than flsug argh mlem ... brains, need brains

That was my experience as well. Maybe the medical experts can weigh in but I was told that if you have an immune reaction to shot #1 it likely means you've already been exposed to C19 and you have antibodies reacting

That was my experience as well. Maybe the medical experts can weigh in but I was told that if you have an immune reaction to shot #1 it likely means you've already been exposed to C19 and you have antibodies reacting

Not always. My mom still had antibodies and only got a sore arm from her first shot (Pfizer).

Should Schools Reopen If Teachers Aren't Yet Vaccinated? CDC Will Soon Weigh In — NPR

Recap...
1. CDC scientist publish article in JAMA saying schools have safely reopened.
2. CDC Director Walensky says vaccines aren’t necessary for teachers to return safely.
3. Psaki says Walensky was speaking in her personal capacity. “Official” CDC guidelines will be released next week
4. Walensky backtracks
5. Biden says CDC guidelines will be based on “science not politics.”

My questions are: I thought we were supposed to listen to the health experts? And, how much longer will Walensky have a job at the CDC?

Should Schools Reopen If Teachers Aren't Yet Vaccinated? CDC Will Soon Weigh In — NPR

Recap...
2. CDC Director Walensky says vaccines aren’t necessary for teachers to return safely.
3. Psaki says Walensky was speaking in her personal capacity. “Official” CDC guidelines will be released next week
4. Walensky backtracks

My questions are: I thought we were supposed to listen to the health experts? And, how much longer will Walensky have a job at the CDC?

If this were Trump people would be losing their minds but this is exactly what we saw in the last administration.

Can't offend the unions so change the science

Also, what in the world is Walensky's "personal capacity"?

Finally there's this gem which is the open-ended of all open-ended conditions to return: "Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers, told NPR's Morning Edition said reopening schools also involves rebuilding trust."

Last edited:
Reactions: VolnJC and AM64
update - while I didn't have arm pain yesterday I began to notice it during the night and it's very noticeable today. as for other symptoms I feel a little hungover but I had some cocktails last night so who knows if it's a reaction or not.

Reactions: AM64

Recap...
4. Walensky backtracks

They're already open in many places and doing just fine. Can't wait to see how the govt messes this up again

They're already open in many places and doing just fine. Can't wait to see how the govt messes this up again

this raises an interesting point - if the CDC does come out and say teachers should be vaccinated first is that a statement that all those open schools are dangerous? going against "science™"

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back