Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Cops dont always recognize that. One of the family drives his own truck and farm product around. All in state. He complies with the interstate rules just because of the number of times he has been ticketed. Even if he wins the court case it's not worth his time.

I know all too well about cops not understanding the law, even state DOT officers.

I hear you. But, at what point do people actually take advantage of the organ nicely positioned between the ears? If you are immune, why should you have any restrictions? If you aren't at risk (see: school-aged children), why can't you live a normal life?

Fauci would say "because we don't know what the chance is that you can carry it and give it to others..."

My comment would be "how long are we going to play the Chicken Little 'what if' game"? When are we going to take our lives back and accept some risk?

Does the federal govt have written in a secret journal some arbitrary number they use to determine when deaths from a virus are adequate enough to overstep their powers.

Fauci would say "because we don't know what the chance is that you can carry it and give it to others..."

My comment would be "how long are we going to play the Chicken Little 'what if' game"? When are we going to take our lives back and accept some risk?

Is the data on asymptomatic spread conclusive; or even established, yet? Early on there was a brouhaha about no evidence of asymptomatic spread.

Two weeks ago my friend rode in a car from Atlanta to Chattanooga with a person who was asymptomatic. The passenger showed symptoms and tested positive the next day. My friend has not shown any symptoms and tested negative (she had to get tested for an upcoming surgical procedure).

Two hours in a car with the windows up and the heater on. Neither wore a mask. Anecdotal, but it is curious.

Is the data on asymptomatic spread conclusive; or even established, yet? Early on there was a brouhaha about no evidence of asymptomatic spread.

Two weeks ago my friend rode in a car from Atlanta to Chattanooga with a person who was asymptomatic. The passenger showed symptoms and tested positive the next day. My friend has not shown any symptoms and tested negative (she had to get tested for an upcoming surgical procedure).

Two hours in a car with the windows up and the heater on. Neither wore a mask. Anecdotal, but it is curious.
Not just asymptomatic since they're also telling those who have recovered from the virus and those who have been vaccinated to maintain the exact same protocols. It's a never-ending loop

eAzeMJD.gif

Reactions: BisonVol and McDad
I have yet to see a scientist say that wearing masks on public transportation causes suicide. What else ya got?

So according to your thinking, so long as no scientist says that something causes suicides, it's fair game for the gov't to mandate it. Do I have that straight? Is that really how your mind works?

Reactions: BisonVol
Oh, is that the only thing being implemented right now? The entire suite of restrictions should be taken into account. The effects on the population are going way past normal to just keep repeating "no big deal".

When does this end? What is the benchmark? Do we need to flatten another curve?

Your questions are great and our pols are not answering them. Was Biden asked about a benchmark during his Super Bowl interview? I bet not.

Originally this was about flattening the curve and seeing to it that our hospitals aren't overrun. This has been accomplished but still no end in sight.

In my state of Ohio he (Gov DeWine) set benchmarks of hospitalizations for when he'd lift the curfew. It looks like we're on track to lift that on Thursday night. We need more of that

There is a lot of data that asymptomatic spread happens. Here's a JAMA research article that states that asymptomatic people are 75% as contagious as symptomatic people and that 59% of cases came from asymptomatic transmission:

The baseline assumptions for the model were that peak infectiousness occurred at the median of symptom onset and that 30% of individuals with infection never develop symptoms and are 75% as infectious as those who do develop symptoms. Combined, these baseline assumptions imply that persons with infection who never develop symptoms may account for approximately 24% of all transmission. In this base case, 59% of all transmission came from asymptomatic transmission, comprising 35% from presymptomatic individuals and 24% from individuals who never develop symptoms. Under a broad range of values for each of these assumptions, at least 50% of new SARS-CoV-2 infections was estimated to have originated from exposure to individuals with infection but without symptoms.

SARS-CoV-2 Transmission From People Without COVID-19 Symptoms

So according to your thinking, so long as no scientist says that something causes suicides, it's fair game for the gov't to mandate it. Do I have that straight? Is that really how your mind works?
Even if he had the same opinion as someone that leaned right he would disregard it because it wouldn't benefit his political interest.

Is one of these curves better than the other??
That's been the whole problem with mask mandates. People act like it's an incontrovertible safeguard, yet the curves seem to all look the same. Personally, I wear one when it seems prudent or when asked to, but I've yet to really be satisfied that it's making a huge difference. A year later there's still a lot of "Covid logic" going on where common sense seems to take a backseat.

Reactions: LouderVol
Never wore a mask. Had covid around Christmas and I'm doing just fine. Unless you are 75 with other issues you will live.
I think some of the precautions are overplayed a little . . . but that's bad logic at this point IMO. Can't tell you how many healthy 50-70 year olds I know that have been through absolute hell with Covid and a few who have died. There's a way to protect yourself without either taking draconian measures or just being in a complete state of denial and rolling the dice.

Reactions: Sandman 423
That's been the whole problem with mask mandates. People act like it's an incontrovertible safeguard, yet the curves seem to all look the same. Personally, I wear one when it seems prudent or when asked to, but I've yet to really be satisfied that it's making a huge difference. A year later there's still a lot of "Covid logic" going on where common sense seems to take a backseat.

Love "covid logic". Last week I met a client for lunch in Brentwood, forgot to put on my mask before I walked in the door and the host immediately told me I had to have a mask to come in. Ok it was in my pocket so I put it on, host took me to a table almost 15 feet from the front door where I immediately took off my mask. Those 15 feet must be like navigating a minefield.

Reactions: tbwhhs and GSD82
Love "covid logic". Last week I met a client for lunch in Brentwood, forgot to put on my mask before I walked in the door and the host immediately told me I had to have a mask to come in. Ok it was in my pocket so I put it on, host took me to a table almost 15 feet from the front door where I immediately took off my mask. Those 15 feet must be like navigating a minefield.
Exactly what I'm talking about. Any intelligent person can take one look at that and know it's dumb. Just like there are plenty of situations where you see people NOT protecting themselves wandering around some petri dish like a Walmart and think "You're an idiot". Common sense is extinct.

I think some of the precautions are overplayed a little . . . but that's bizarro logic at this point IMO. Can't tell you how many healthy 50-70 year olds I know that have been through absolute hell with Covid and a few who have died. There's a way to protect yourself without either taking draconian measures or just being in a complete state of denial and rolling the dice.
We should get back to complete normalcy. Let the people decide what risks they are willing to take. We all know the chances we are taking but it's no different than driving or anything else in life. If someone wants to wear a mask, fine wear one. If someone lives in constant fear and wants to stay home, fine stay home. For the rest of us who don't live in fear we shouldn't be forced to wear a mask or forced to not be able to attend events like sporting events or concerts. If I was told I had to pick one either the flu or covid I would absolutely choose to get covid again.

Reactions: Sea Ray
Reactions: Kristy*
How many die of the flu each year or from car accidents each year in those same age groups? I don't believe masks work at all really but how about we just let individuals choose what risks they are willing to take?

Because a major point of the mask is to protect others in your presence. If you want to use public transportation it seems like a reasonable request for the benefit of other people there.

Because a major point of the mask is to protect others in your presence. If you want to use public transportation it seems like a reasonable request for the benefit of other people there.
No not really, if someone is that terrified they should stay home. Plus we've been doing it your way for almost a year and where has that got us?

VN Store

Back