Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I just wonder how long people will continue to lap up the slop.

Surely it's not that difficult to research the risk to athletes, at this point. Surely there are plenty of people who understand that telling people to wear masks after they've been vaccinated or recovered from infection is complete nonsense. Surely people can ask: how many kids and teachers have died in the past 11 months around here after we "stormed Normandy" by reopening schools (Zero)?

And, don't even get me started on the masks in TV ads.

Sorry for the rant, but I've got my energy back and am on a roll tonight.
Seems they are never going to stop. For some reason people love the mask. Here there is a mask mandate in place but 95% of businesses don't enforce it yet 99% of the people wear one.

Bill Lee had his state of the state last night and all the dems wanted to whine about is him not issuing a mask mandate. We are damn near a year into the mask mandates and forced shutdowns. It's way past time to get back to normal

I still think this is a dry run for future shutdowns likely over what they call the "climate crisis" which of course is yet another hoax

MARTA is now running a message saying that face coverings are required by federal law. I would love to see the cops try to enforce it, and all the cries of racism it would generate.
A travel agent I know sent out a message yesterday saying if someone does not wear a mask on public transportation they can be fined up to $1500

Exactly...mask mandate is for Federal Property. (I lived in Peachtree Corners for 7 years)
No it is not. It's for all public trans

Federal Register Notice: Wearing of face masks while on conveyances and at transportation hubs | Quarantine | CDC

COVID-19 and Your Health

What is a public transportation conveyance?
A public transportation conveyance is any mode of transportation other than a private vehicle. Types of public transportation conveyances include airplanes, trains, subways, buses, taxis, ride-shares, ferries, ships, trolleys, and cable cars.

Which public transportation conveyances does the order apply to?
The order applies to all public transportation conveyances traveling into the United States (i.e., arriving from a foreign country) or within the United States (including within states or territories or traveling between states or territories). It also applies to all conveyances leaving the United States until they arrive at a foreign destination.

So wear one for a bit longer. It's no big deal. Problem solved.

Child Psychiatrists Warn That The Pandemic May Be Driving Up Kids' Suicide Risk

Yep, nothing going on here. Just keep it locked down
Yeah, the whole thing is no big deal. Just keep doing what they say with zero benchmarks on when it will end. Good dog

Huuum, I was not aware that CDC could make LAWS.
I just don't see how the feds can mandate this on intrastate transportation. Hopefully there will be a case heard in federal court.
Said the same when it was implemented. Someone claimed commerce clause but I'm not sure how it applies. Hopefully someone smart will take it on

I have yet to see a scientist say that wearing masks on public transportation causes suicide. What else ya got?
Oh, is that the only thing being implemented right now? The entire suite of restrictions should be taken into account. The effects on the population are going way past normal to just keep repeating "no big deal".

When does this end? What is the benchmark? Do we need to flatten another curve?

So wear one for a bit longer. It's no big deal. Problem solved.
Define "bit longer". Cause we are on day 300ish of a 15 day lockdown.

This was the problem from the start. If they provided hard dates and stuck to them, people would be more willing to comply and things wouldnt be as bad. As it is the experts look like jackarses with no answers, but plenty of rules to go with the no answers. You cant keep a nation/world in limbo for a year and not have huge negatives.

Wouldn't this whole wear a mask crap be more believable if there was any attempt to increase the availability of N95 mask, or at least come up with a mask that works better than a mask with you favorite teams logo with >2% efficacy?

Define "bit longer". Cause we are on day 300ish of a 15 day lockdown.

This was the problem from the start. If they provided hard dates and stuck to them, people would be more willing to comply and things wouldnt be as bad. As it is the experts look like jackarses with no answers, but plenty of rules to go with the no answers. You cant keep a nation/world in limbo for a year and not have huge negatives.
615 days to flatten the curve

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Said the same when it was implemented. Someone claimed commerce clause but I'm not sure how it applies. Hopefully someone smart will take it on

I know in the trucking business there are (can be) different regulations for interstate and intrastate carriers.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
I know in the trucking business there are (can be) different regulations for interstate and intrastate carriers.
Cops dont always recognize that. One of the family drives his own truck and farm product around. All in state. He complies with the interstate rules just because of the number of times he has been ticketed. Even if he wins the court case it's not worth his time.

VN Store

Back