Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

No.

Because I want to live.

I love this post. I'd like to frame it somewhere. It shows in black and white the fear gov't has successfully instilled in some people, mostly liberal. Some folks honestly think doing what the gov't tells them is a matter of life and death. They think they'll die if we don't do what Fauci says. Global warming is another example of this. I can't imagine living my life like that. I really can't

Because a major point of the mask is to protect others in your presence. If you want to use public transportation it seems like a reasonable request for the benefit of other people there.
They have to use the "protect others" language. If they did the opposite then that would give people control. Can't have that when so many are so willing to give up

I'm glad you recovered.

There are tens of thousands of people under the age of 75 who have died of Covid. The total deaths under 75 is about 160k.

COVID-19 Provisional Counts - Weekly Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics

For every 1,000 people infected with the coronavirus who are under the age of 50, almost none will die. For people in their fifties and early sixties, about five will die — more men than women. The risk then climbs steeply as the years accrue. For every 1,000 people in their mid-seventies or older who are infected, around 116 will die. These are the stark statistics obtained by some of the first detailed studies into the mortality risk for COVID-19.

The coronavirus is most deadly if you are older and male — new data reveal the risks

OK, so you're not a threat to anyone under 50. You're barely a threat to people in their 50s and 60s. For the folks older than that, it's their responsibility to decide how much risk they'd like to take. Your post was really misleading and it called for more information/facts to be posted

Reactions: Kristy*
Because a major point of the mask is to protect others in your presence. If you want to use public transportation it seems like a reasonable request for the benefit of other people there.

He is of minimal risk cause he has antibodies. I'm of minimal risk cause I'm vaccinated. That 65 and over guy can get vaccinated if he chooses. How is any of this GSD82's problem?

Reactions: GSD82 and allvol123
The coronavirus is most deadly if you are older and male — new data reveal the risks

OK, so you're not a threat to anyone under 50. You're barely a threat to people in their 50s and 60s. For the folks older than that, it's their responsibility to decide how much risk they'd like to take. Your post was really misleading and it called for more information/facts to be posted
The mask also doesnt completely remove your risk. All it does is remove direct risk from sneezes and coughs. Its makes indirect risk greater, as all that cough and sneeze now goes around instead of just forward. You still touch things. You still breath.

So if the set risk of a person is "1", a mask doesnt make you a 0. It probably doesnt even make you a .5.

By the time you take into account all the variables your risk to others isnt adjusted enough to warrant requirements. Which is why the "science" group has avoided putting a number to anything.

Wouldn't this whole wear a mask crap be more believable if there was any attempt to increase the availability of N95 mask, or at least come up with a mask that works better than a mask with you favorite teams logo with >2% efficacy?
I've been saying this same damn thing for over 6 months. Yet, here we are, after 11 months in the year 2021, and the vulnerable population has not been issued a supply of N95s. It's a joke.

All the while, there remains basically NO evidence that areas with mask mandates or a high percentage of mask usage fare any better, and there's plenty to suggest that the lay population wearing (and handling) unregulated cloth face coverings might actually be contributing to the spread.

And NOW, we are being told that even after we are vaccinated or recovered from infection we still need to wear masks and stay away from people??? Get out of here. I'm done.

At this point I believe people like @lawgator1 should support federally mandated monogamy. Or a federal database that requires you to constantly update your sexual encounters with new partners. Are we caring about safety or are we not?

Reactions: FallCreekVols
I've been saying this same damn thing for over 6 months. Yet, here we are, after 11 months in the year 2021, and the vulnerable population has not been issued a supply of N95s. It's a joke.

All the while, there remains basically NO evidence that areas with mask mandates or a high percentage of mask usage fare any better, and there's plenty to suggest that the lay population wearing (and handling) unregulated cloth face coverings might actually be contributing to the spread.

And NOW, we are being told that even after we are vaccinated or recovered from infection we still need to wear masks and stay away from people??? Get out of here. I'm done.

You need to be wearing more than one. If you care about grandma.

Reactions: Sandman 423
How would you guys explain the drastic decrease in cases, hospitalizations, and positivity rate over the past 3-4 weeks? There were a total of 58 Knox county residents in the hospital with CV19 yesterday, I believe that is down 75% from the peak around Christmas.

Biden

How would you guys explain the drastic decrease in cases, hospitalizations, and positivity rate over the past 3-4 weeks? There were a total of 58 Knox county residents in the hospital with CV19 yesterday, I believe that is down 75% from the peak around Christmas.
Local hospitals have a HUGEEEEEEEE dropoff with COVID patients

Reactions: VolnJC

1) Drop after Christmas travel/gatherings ran its course
2) Vaccines
3) People naturally "quarantining" 'cause of weather whatnot
4) Lots of people becoming immune due to prior exposures

Reactions: GSD82

I hope EL doesn’t see this, but it could hopefully be that we are closing in on herd immunity. Let’s look at some numbers...

28 million actual cases in US. Estimates say could be 3-5x as many not documented. So anywhere from 84 mil to 140 mil previously infected with antibodies

Plus 10 million with both vaccine shot
Additionally 20 million with one shot.

So somewhere between 94 million and 170 million have “immunity.” Thats somewhere between 28-52% of population immune

R0 value has been estimated anywhere from 2-6.

Herd immunity is 1/1-R0. So, herd immunity could be between 50-84%.

Anyway....lots of variability depending on the true numbers of infections and what the true R0 is, but clearly there is progress

I hope EL doesn’t see this, but it could hopefully be that we are closing in on herd immunity. Let’s look at some numbers...

28 million actual cases in US. Estimates say could be 3-5x as many not documented. So anywhere from 84 mil to 140 mil previously infected with antibodies

Plus 10 million with both vaccine shot
Additionally 20 million with one shot.

So somewhere between 94 million and 170 million have “immunity.” Thats somewhere between 28-52% of population immune

R0 value has been estimated anywhere from 2-6.

Herd immunity is 1/1-R0. So, herd immunity could be between 50-84%.

Anyway....lots of variability depending on the true numbers of infections and what the true R0 is, but clearly there is progress
Ding, ding, ding.... We have a winner!

Biden.

Jk.

Herd immunity. Over 10 percent of our population in Knox County has tested positive. Some antibodies studies show that as few as 1 in 10 cases is reported. That's our number right there. But even if it's just 5x the number reported, we're still encroaching on herd immunity.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
We are back to October levels. So my guess is that we spiked bc of holiday behavior and now are back to where we were before.
Actually we topped out before Christmas and started trending in the right direction. Never got that Christmas spike experts warned about. Do you think most people didn't travel or celebrate Christmas?

Maybe people used extra precautions and played it safer than normal, but I think herd immunity is the biggest reason for the decline in cases.

Right, that's happening pretty much everywhere. So, how do we explain this?

“ We” don’t need all the negative numbers any longer to implement the safety mandates that “ WE” need to keep society safe . “ WE” know have Dems in control and the huge ,scary , out of control numbers aren’t needed any longer .

Edit : FYI .. I still don’t wear a mask and am not getting a forced vaccine shot . The sheep that are terrified should stay at least 6-10 ft away from me at all times . Lol

VN Store

Back