Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Anyone in the private sector get the day off from work to go for your vaccine appointment? I have a family member who is a teacher who was given today off for shot #2.
My wife’s coworkers (autism therapists) just got the whole day off for shot #1 I think. Wife went to work after getting a shot in the morning anyway, but they made her leave when she had a fever a few hours later.

A hemophiliac gets attacked and stabbed, and bleeds out and dies. Wouldn't have died if he didn't have hemophilia. Also wouldn't have died if he hadn't got stabbed. I assume you're of the view that the cause of death was not the stabbing.

isn't the cause of death both here? assuming the same stabbing doesn't kill a non-hemophiliac they are co-causes. So you should have said the Congressional member died of both cancer and Covid to be accurate.

Reactions: allvol123
isn't the cause of death both here? assuming the same stabbing doesn't kill a non-hemophiliac they are co-causes. So you should have said the Congressional member died of both cancer and Covid to be accurate.

The law would certainly view the cause of death as the stabbing. Actually a term for it in tort law--the eggshell plaintiff rule. Similar concept in criminal law.

Given the national trend in cases and the vaccination rate for those 70-75+, I think it's very possible that we see the daily death rate drop below 1,000 within a month.

Reactions: ndubvols and VolnJC
The law would certainly view the cause of death as the stabbing. Actually a term for it in tort law--the eggshell plaintiff rule. Similar concept in criminal law.

but we aren't necessarily talking law - we are trying to explain what happened.

I believe it was established pretty early on that compromised people who contracted say the flu are often characterized as "natural causes" or underlying conditions rather than being labeled a "flu death".

It's pretty clear this person succumbed to Covid due to his cancer - it makes sense to acknowledge the causes of death.

It's unbelievable that none of these stories seem to mention the all-important factor of NATURALLY-ACQUIRED IMMUNITY. It's as if everyone has forgotten that we have an immune system.

Which is what’s crazy about herd immunity. R is based on some of the population having natural immunity. R0 assumes no one has it. Herd immunity calculation is 1/1-R0, so based on no natural immunity.

Reactions: kiddiedoc

VN Store

Back