Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

The saga of my BIL continues. In-laws were going to try to go see them, but BIL said they couldn't come because he took his family to the zoo and were "exposed". In this scenario "exposed" means they encountered people. Then the in-laws had a guy come look at a roof leak for ten minutes and that also warrants drastic action because everyone has the virus. Initially this was all about not killing the in-laws, but now it's morphed into some weird game of not it. They're terrified of getting this but they go to the zoo and other places. Then when the in-laws want to visit it's too dangerous. If it's too dangerous why are you going to those places? If it's about protecting your parents why do they have to quarantine? BIL says he's "stopped looking at the numbers", preferring to assume everything is worst case. Again this begs the question of why you're venturing out if you assume this is the apocalypse but rational thought seems to have left the station months ago. I don't really see how this relationship gets repaired, I'd already checked out on the wife after meeting her twice but now I'm lumping him in as well. If she's driving the bus he needs to grow a spine, if he's buying into this stuff he needs a brain.

The saga of my BIL continues. In-laws were going to try to go see them, but BIL said they couldn't come because he took his family to the zoo and were "exposed". In this scenario "exposed" means they encountered people. Then the in-laws had a guy come look at a roof leak for ten minutes and that also warrants drastic action because everyone has the virus. Initially this was all about not killing the in-laws, but now it's morphed into some weird game of not it. They're terrified of getting this but they go to the zoo and other places. Then when the in-laws want to visit it's too dangerous. If it's too dangerous why are you going to those places? If it's about protecting your parents why do they have to quarantine? BIL says he's "stopped looking at the numbers", preferring to assume everything is worst case. Again this begs the question of why you're venturing out if you assume this is the apocalypse but rational thought seems to have left the station months ago. I don't really see how this relationship gets repaired, I'd already checked out on the wife after meeting her twice but now I'm lumping him in as well. If she's driving the bus he needs to grow a spine, if he's buying into this stuff he needs a brain.

I can't really blame the guy for using everything available to him as an excuse to not see his in-laws.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Mom's school, as well as almost all of the Catholic schools in the same diocese, have been open full-time this school year. Her school has had maybe 10 cases total, none requiring more than at home rest with most being asymptomatic. They keep seating charts, between-class cleaning, and a nightly deep clean after each school day. The same types of numbers are what they hear from the other Catholic schools as well.

I don't want to hear any BS about schools being unsafe. If they are, it's because you are accusing public school teachers and admins of being lazy.

I can't really blame the guy for using everything available to him as an excuse to not see his in-laws.
These are my inlaws, it's his parents. I get along fine with my FIL as he's totally content to sit for hours and not speak. MIL is a different story, she is constantly concerned someone isn't being entertained or is otherwise uncomfortably silent so she will broach any subject to stimulate conversation. This usually ends with even more awkwardness than just being quiet.

So Knox County DOH is so flustered they cant post their data today. The same data they use to determine if their 5 traffic signals are red, yellow, or green. The same 5 traffic signals that I'm sure the Knox County BOH uses to determine if you can keep your family restaurant fully occupied or not.

Priceless.

VN Store

Back