Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Having specialized biohazard pickup sites like they do with recycling. I mean this supposedly super contagious, extremely deadly virus is being stymied by simple fabric and cloth. Yet people constantly touch them and breathe into them. Yet they are just discarded in normal trash cans. Used masks are considered medical waste.
Ok, so what, do you believe, would this undertaking require logistically, monetarily, and as far as man power?

Well we ban straws because they end up in the ocean , we literally ostracize and shame people in public for not wearing one because “ we don’t know if they have Covid or not” and accuse them of trying to kill grandma, our country’s school systems , economy and way of life is being forced to be changed because of the fear of catching Covid from someone, billions has been spent on paying people to stay home and “ emergency relief / congressional pet pork projects “ ... I’d say the cost would be insignificant in comparison.
Ok, so what would be the cost. What would it entail?

so it's been safe.

also, are those #'s the students who have Covid regardless of how they got it or just the ones who've acquired it at said state university? I'm guessing it's the former.
The report specified whether the student or faculty lived on campus or off and the steps they were taking to quarantine and treat. All the reported cases were of people that were on campus daily. I’m not sure how you would definitely determine where it was “acquired” without legitimate contact tracing, which we all know hasn’t ever really happened.

If it saves one life...
I’m just pointing out the attempt at snarkiness that falls short when held up to the practicality test. So the guy who posted it should either let it stand as a joke, or stop challenging people to “take it on”. It’s stupid.

Last edited:
I’m just pointing out the attempt at sneakiness that falls short when held up to the practicality test. So the guy who posted it should either let it stand as a joke, or stop challenging people to “take it on”. It’s stupid.

I get your point. I would have argued in 2019 that a lockdown would not pass the practicality test.

Ok, so what, do you believe, would this undertaking require logistically, monetarily, and as far as man power?

Not really sure but it could be done. Think about it. A vaccine typically takes 5-10 years from planning to distribution. Yet here we have 3 different ones in less than a year. Money isn’t an issue. If we can find hundreds of millions of dollars for Israel, the Ukraine and other countries we could easily afford a something like what I am proposing.

The point is there is no need to wast time or resources on something like that because COVID isn’t anywhere near as deadly as the media has portrayed it to be. The data supports that.

The report specified whether the student or faculty lived on campus or off and the steps they were taking to quarantine and treat. All the reported cases were of people that were on campus daily. I’m not sure how you would definitely determine where it was “acquired” without legitimate contact tracing, which we all know hasn’t ever really happened.

Do you seriously believe all the positive cases that are reported are truly positive cases?

A huge majority of them, yes.

I think there are a good portion that are true. But many have been shown not to be true. False positives. And then there are the cases where a previously positive case gets tested again. But the test picks up a dead virus particle and then it’s coded as positive when that’s erroneous.

Not necessarily. Testing in NY did not really happen until after the first wave had crested and even then it was fairly limited. That's why antibody testing would be the real apples to apples comparison. By the time Florida was really getting hit testing was much more prevalent.
Run hide in your poon closet witch.... there’s covid everywhere

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

my point is that by all accounts the school you are attending is safe and not a super spreader haven - it's open and it should be open.

As for contact tracing are you not using some passport system? We self report daily and thus can see if cases arise after a known infected person attended class - it's not perfect but it does allow some tracing.

For the record: we had clear data from Europe and China last spring that children were much less likely to contract or transmit CV19, severe illness in the pediatric population was exceedingly rare, vertical transmission from kids to teachers and other adults was virtually non-existent, and nowhere in the world was seeing mass viral transmission within schools. I provided multiple articles in early summer and called for universal reopening of schools and returning children to "in-person learning" (a position supported by the AAP and CDC).

We now have 6+ months of data from states with open schools. Anyone want to guess at the findings?

Bonus credit: how many Pediatric deaths attributed to CV19 infection or CV-associated MIS-C have occurred in the Knox County service region (19 surrounding counties) in the past 365 days?

*hint: It is a MUCH smaller number than the number of suicides in the same age demographic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickyvol77
Do you seriously believe all the positive cases that are reported are truly positive cases?
I do not believe all cases have been reported.
Some with little to no symptoms just went on with their lives.
I also have doubts about the way case data is collected and distributed.
Data is probably more accurate now than before the election.
Politicization of the pandemic killed more Americans than Vietnam.
As usual, we fight each other instead of the problem.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Bonus credit: how many Pediatric deaths attributed to CV19 infection or CV-associated MIS-C have occurred in the Knox County service region (19 surrounding counties) in the past 365 days?

*hint: It is a MUCH smaller number than the number of suicides in the same age demographic.
I dont even want to think what this has done to that number. I would guess its up a good bit.

Reactions: LouderVol
I do not believe all cases have been reported.
Some with little to no symptoms just went on with their lives.
I also have doubts about the way case data is collected and distributed.
Data is probably more accurate now than before the election.
Politicization of the pandemic killed more Americans than Vietnam.
As usual, we fight each other instead of the problem.

Completely agree with everything you said here

VN Store

Back