Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

We should, at least, get reparations for the "stimulus packages," costs of testing/vaccine development/treatment protocols, and some portion of the associated economic destruction. How can you even put a value on the loss of life?

Again, none of it will happen.
Not with Silver Alert or Heels Up in the WH.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Here's the issue that no one is talking about...states are expanding the people eligible for the vaccine when many don't have the 2nd dose available for the previous group

I finally got signed up for a first dose today. I'm the oldest member of my family (75 this year), but other family members have already gotten the vaccine because their states and localities are doing a much better job than Hamilton Co. My younger brother has had both rounds in SC and my son and his wife have had their initial dose at a different location in SC (they are doing drug stores). As far as I'm concerned many local health departments are as miserably inept as the CDC, and Hamilton Co has to be at the top of the incompetent list.

2 doses is the most incompetent thing about these vaccines

It’s kind of strange to see people saying that these vaccines are completely safe. So a vaccine that hasn’t went through the rigorous safety standards that vaccines typically do is completely safe? How can anyone make this claim and be honest about it?

I am by no means anti vaccine. However to say that I have zero concern over a vaccine going from imagination to production in a year is erroneous. Everyone should be at least a little concerned with these new vaccines.

Reactions: OL SMOKEY and AM64
It’s kind of strange to see people saying that these vaccines are completely safe. So a vaccine that hasn’t went through the rigorous safety standards that vaccines typically do is completely safe? How can anyone make this claim and be honest about it?

I am by no means anti vaccine. However to say that I have zero concern over a vaccine going from imagination to production in a year is erroneous. Everyone should be at least a little concerned with these new vaccines.

This is true. We had a choice between knowledge/safety/proper studies and expediency. Expediency was chosen. With that said, I got the vaccine and have minimal concerns.

This is true. We had a choice between knowledge/safety/proper studies and expediency. Expediency was chosen. With that said, I got the vaccine and have minimal concerns.

I am going to get it. I do understand the need for expediency. But like I said, to just completely ignore any safety concern would be foolish.

Reactions: OHvol40 and AM64

Actually, I've read a couple of articles saying that Moderna designed their vaccine in a couple of days in January of last year - that they had specifics on the virus from China even before covid was taking off here ... another reason to question any thought that covid didn't come from a Chinese lab. We should be to the point in this day and age that the "carrier" is available and the specific active ingredient developed in fairly quick order. This wasn't the first corona virus and certainly not the first virus we deal with, so we should be getting fairly good at it by now. I'm definitely in agreement that we take a cautious approach with drug testing and approval; but after this episode, it would be nice to know that there is even a faster track because the next thing could be a lot more lethal - especially if it comes from a lab.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards

VN Store

Back